DCS shortcut commands to connect to server?

D4n

Currently when I want to join a specific multiplayer server, after starting DCS, I have to click "multiplayer", then "connect by IP", then clickor press enter to "join server" (since multiplayer serverlist is still broken and not auto-refreshing upon opening server browser since several weeks now).

I am thinking, to spare me those 3 clicks (I always play on the same server), is it possible to attach the IP adress (with port) in the DCS shortcut under "target:" with some "-connect" command parameter?

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

this has been asked for before I think

It would be a nice feature

eg

dcs.exe -connect=IP_OF_SERVER -port=PORT_OF_SERVER -pass=PASSWORD_OF_SERVER

you could just stick this in your desktop shortcut and all is good

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

yep would be awesome! :D (just figured out btw u can smash and break your enter-key out of rage when the "connect by IP" menu is open, saves you from another annoying mouse-movement to aim for the "join" button ;) xD )

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Currently when I want to join a specific multiplayer server, after starting DCS, I have to click "multiplayer", then "connect by IP", then clickor press enter to "join server" (since multiplayer serverlist is still broken and not auto-refreshing upon opening server browser since several weeks now).

I am thinking, to spare me those 3 clicks (I always play on the same server), is it possible to attach the IP adress (with port) in the DCS shortcut under "target:" with some "-connect" command parameter?

What is the name of the server to which you are so chained? :D

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

The one in my signature... -.- xD (DynamicDCS) check this video if you wanna know more (server features):

There is supposed to be a dedicated server project coming our way once 2.5 is out, so this feature might be a waste of time until that aspect of DCS World is in place.

I would definitely like to see it too however.

Thanks for the info Neil :thumbup:

Gigabyte Z390 Gaming X | i7 9700K@5.0GHz | Asus TUF OC RTX 4090 | 32GB DDR4@3200MHz | HP Reverb G2 | TrackIR 5 | TM Warthog HOTAS | MFG Croswinds

There is supposed to be a dedicated server project coming our way once 2.5 is out, so this feature might be a waste of time until that aspect of DCS World is in place.

That is why I am asking, I strongly suspect such Windows Shell (or whatever it's called) commands are there and working in Windows 10 desktop shortcuts...

I would definitely like to see it too however.

Why would this be a waste of time, we are talking about the DCS client connecting to the server (that are currently already being hosted)

pretty much most Operating Systems allow command line options

have done since the 80's eg Unix system commands etc

You'd add some brand new car stereo to an old wreck of a car 2 months before you were due to scrap it, and not consider the work a waste of time?

Why not spend the time adding the feature requested to the new system? We have managed for a good many years without, so why is it suddenly so pressing a matter that it should be done now?

You'd add some brand new car stereo to an old wreck of a car 2 months before you were due to scrap it, and not consider the work a waste of time?

Why not spend the time adding the feature requested to the new system? We have managed for a good many years without, so why is it suddenly so pressing a matter that it should be done now?

Eh?

Dedicated server has absolutely no relevence to what the OP has asked.

Unless you mean 2.5? Which is just a newer version of the 2.2 client anyway.

This is just a command line argument to auto connect to a server via IP.

• Like 1

• ED Team

As far as I am aware this is not possible currently.

Dedicated servers are in DCS's future but we have no ETA.

I will move this to the wish list, and the devs will see it.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I will move this to the wish list, and the devs will see it.

Not needed on wishlist, I only kindly ask you know to ask the server/network DEV why the auto-refresh doesn't work anymore (when clicking "multiplayer" in DCS menu, the server list appears empty until you click the yellow refresh icon). This issue came up about 3 or more weeks ago and hasn't been fixed since. This is a very weird network (or DCS client since last patch?) bug.

• ED Team

It is a known issue, and the team have been working on it.

Unfortunately it has happened during xmas / new years break, we should see a fix in the next patch

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

there is currently a commandline parser in dcs

eg --old-login

is handled in their code somewhere

Edited by Johnny_Rico

What do you mean? I tried to attach it, I still get the DCS Updater 2.6.22.24 window telling me huge red cross "Unknown command: xyz" (xyz being th variation of "old-login" that I tried)

It is a known issue, and the team have been working on it.

Unfortunately it has happened during xmas / new years break, we should see a fix in the next patch

Thank you!

What do you mean? I tried to attach it, I still get the DCS Updater 2.6.22.24 window telling me huge red cross "Unknown command: xyz" (xyz being th variation of "old-login" that I tried)

Thank you!

I didn't suggest using it with the updater, but with dcs itself

hmmmm ok will try

tried " --connect 45.27.58.61:10308", tried " -connect 45.27.58.61:10308", not working... -.- just starting DCS normally :P

• Like 1

tried " --connect 45.27.58.61:10308", tried " -connect 45.27.58.61:10308", not working... -.- just starting DCS normally :P

why would that work when they have not added the functionality for it ?

my post

there is currently a commandline parser in dcs

eg --old-login

is handled in their code somewhere

--old-login

^ this one works at the moment , so there is a processor for reading commandline input in dcs.exe

ahaaaaa ok! :D