A question for Wags and or ED about the DCS: F/A-18C!

Spudknocker

Hopefully they get to that F-16C when they are done with the F-18 !

but then if they announce an F16 there will be even more whining coming from REdforce fans that DCS is becoming DAAS , Digital ALL-American Simulator :D

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

F/A-18C was IIRC Was Officially Announced as being the Next ED Modern Fighter Module on the Level of A-10C back in 2013/2014, Not 10 years ago.

People Speculated when the new F/A-18C Model Appeared in DCS World 1.2.1 Update Late Sept. 2012.

F/A-18C Development was not stated as being "in Progress" until September 2014, and it was also stated as being a very LONG development time:

A-10C By itself took about 3 years.

The Original Plan 10 Years ago was:

That much has been true. all the ED Modules between then and now have been:

WWII GEN, P-51D

FC3, SU-25A

FC3, A-10A

FC3, F-15C

WWII GEN, FW-190D9

FC3, Su-27

WWII GEN, BF-109K4

GEN II, L-39C/ZA

WWII GEN, Spitfire MK IX

FC3, Su-33

There has been no Modern DCS PFM/PSM Aircraft in that List,

People dont realize, A lot of things had to be developed and integrated into DCS World before development of the F/A-18C could even be started, and they have been discussed numerous times, (A2G Radar, Supersonic PFMs, etc etc).

The Transition from DX9c to DX11/EDGE had nothing to do with developing Aircraft itself,

RRG/Normandy/WWII Gen Aircraft and Assets didn't have any impact on Developing the F/A-18C itself.

The Hornet itself was also changed from an Earlier to to a More modern lot mid-development.

To List those things as reasons the Hornet has taken many years is wrong, those items did not interfere or delay the hornet development.

As I said, from memory, but I remember those days and the Hornet fuss. 10 years just to say, it's been almost 10 years since first Ka-50 now. Didn't mean also "reasons" for the Hornet delay, but they guy asked "what happened" and if we take the first moments Hornet was talked about to the day what happened has been everything in DCSW, that's my (obviously flawed and poor) list :thumbup: .

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

I have a question for you Eagle Dynamics or Wags about the F/A-18C Hornet coming to DCS World...

What made you guys choose the F/A-18C as your new flagship module for DCS World? Why the Legacy Hornet over say a Viper, F-4 Phantom or even an F-14 Tomcat which are all incredibly well known.

Would you guys ever consider creating a developer diary video or article showing the process of creating the hornet? It would be very interesting because this seems to have been a truly monumental project from the get go.

I know the first question has been answered in bits and pieces across multiple posts and interviews but I'm interested in the thought process and business decisions behind the new DCS: F/A-18C as an Av Geek, huge DCS fan and customer of your awesome company!

I'd question the idea of new, its been 6 years in development and therefore definitely not a new idea to DCE/ED. This is a complex aircraft that has taken considerable development on EDs part, the idea is legacy and made a significant time frame ago.

I think the question I would like answering is when are we getting a Falcon? ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not waiting at all, I'm flying till the cows come home in all the awesome craft we already have :P

I really hope that the 2.5 reunification will bring an increase in development efficiency for both ED and the 3rd party devs. The framework+modules model works great. It's here to stay.

My dream module would be a campaign module that adds a bit of a metagame to the sim. Resource management, target selection, flight planning, etc. Add a game to the sim so to say.

+1

Intel I7 4770K, Evga 1080 FE, win10 64Pro, 32GB ram, TracIR 5, Hotas Warthog, MFD Cougar x2, MFG Crosswind

Hopefully they get to that F-16C when they are done with the F-18 !

HERE HERE!!! WE WANT THE F-16!!!! :pilotfly:

• MB: MPG Z790 EDGE WIFI
  • Memory: WD Black SN850X 2TB PCIe Gen4 NVMe M.2
  • CPU: Intel Core i9-14900K Desktop Processor 24 cores (8P+16E) 36M Cache
  • EVGA 1200W Gold PSU
  • MSI RTX 3090
  • TrackIR on Samsung 49 inch Odyssey Widescreen
  • No money in my pocket lol

I think the F/A-18 is the perfect choice for ED and Belsimtek. All planned aircrafts are really beautifull and if the name of them are F-14, F-4, Mi-24 Hind just to say some of these, I think I'll buy them all becouse these are the history of the aviation. Surely the F-16 and AH-64 Longbow I hope one day will be part of this wonderfull DCS World.

So the F/A-18 is the PERFECT aircraft for the new DCS World. With the incoming DCS 2.5 we will have one of the 4th generation most beautyfull airplanes. It can fly both day and night mission, A/A and A/G mission, it will have a real A/G Radar and many other sensors (according to ED message) and can fly with every weather conditions. When the A/G Radar will be developed the Know-How will be ready (adjusting it) even for example for other aircrafts such as F-15 E Strike Eagle or Tornado.

If we can dream... we should do it at the top level.. so imagine a mission where some F/A-18 take off from an aircraft-carrier, some AV-8B do the same from another ship. Some A-10 and M-2000 fly from a land air base. Some Helicopters from an advanced air base... all inside the same mission... with some MIGs and Sukhoi.. and with the Strait Of Hormuz we will have even this opportunity.. so for me F/A-18 is the perfect plane.. the starting of a new DCS era. :thumbup:

Last thing... even all FC3 Aircraft are simply wonderfull. So I hope one day they could have the option of both simple and complex simulation mode with a clickable cockpit. :smilewink:

I think we are entering in a very good period for combact flight simulations and for those who love DCS World just like me.. :pilotfly:

Edited by Joker69°

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/139168989452694/about/

ASUS ROG - TM Hotas Warthog - TM Hotas Cougar - TM F-18 Grip - Oculus Rift S - Track IR 5

Attending annual air shows and watching a AC perform that you know how to operate in a flight sim.

giphy.gif

This is one of the many reasons why i'm happy ED pursed the A-10 and F/A-18C. I don't see many 4's, 14's, 16's, 117's, or even 15's at the air shows anymore.

:pilotfly:

I would pass out if I had clickable Flaming Cliffs planes. They would not have to be more complex, (yet) just be clickable. I would buy them all as separate modules at a fair price (sorry for off topic).

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But I totally agree and cant wait for the Belsimtek F-4 and heatblur F-14 thats for sure!

Thats exactly where I am, I always said that I will not pre-purchase the Hornet cause I wait for the Cat and the Phantom...well, that worked out until today as I pre-purchased the Hornet :D

Jokes aside, I´m very exited about the Hornet but I really cant wait to get Hands on the Tomcat and even more on the Phantom.

DCS-Tutorial-Collection       

BlackSharkDen - Helicopter only

Specs:: ASrock Z790 Pro RS; Intel i5-13600K @5,1Ghz; 64GB DDR5 RAM; RTX 3080 @10GB; Corsair RMX Serie 750; 2x SSD 850 EVO 1x860 EVO 500GB 1x nvme M.2 970 EVO 1TB; 1x nvme M.2 980 Pro 2TB+ 3 TB HDD

Hardware: Oculus Rift S; HOTAS Warthog; Saitek Rudder Pedals, K-51 Collective