DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

Home Fries

DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs  

19 members have voted

1. 1. DCS World TARGET profile for TM Cougar and Warthog + MFDs

• Keep DH/DT with Hdg Hold and BA/RA with Alt Hold (keep apples with apples)
    • Map BA/RA with Hdg Hold and DH/DTwith Alt Hold (like actual panel switches)

Thanks for taking the time to reply, Home Fries.

Still having an issue here as a) I'm using a Cougar TQS rather than the WH, and b) the "Throttle Options - Cougar" page doesn't mention the AB detent position (although it does have min/max percentages, idle detent low/high percent).

I didn't put anything in for the Cougar axis (other than Idle) because it's not a hard detent. Even with Idle, I started with earlier profiles but I've been getting away from using that because it's a soft detent and I don't want people to inadvertently shut down their engine when going to idle. :doh:

I keep the cougar slider at linear by default, but I would be happy to test and incorporate user curves that you guys provide. If there's support, I may do a cougar axis curve like for the warthog (i.e. using the detent), but right now I need to reduce the profile before I add more complexity.

Hi Home Fries...

I now have TrackIR. I set it up in CTS made some changes... expecting that it maps the trim hat to direct trim... but appearently trim is still functional only via shifted only. Is this behaviour normal? I expected a non-shifted direct trim with the HOTAS Cougar. (Flew the Tomcat)

Greetings,

Cabal

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

Version 2.45 is up. This is still only supported for 2.5.6 Openbeta.

Change Log:

• Updated SnapViews for new A-10C and Ka-50 cockpits.
  • Added option for VR users with MFDs to force S3+LOSB1 Long for profile change (S3+T9/SPDB for cycling brake type).
  • Added option to play lower volume WAV files (useful for headset users).
  • Fixed blue prop selection algorithm using LSYM.
  • Removed Hawk profile from script.
  • Bf-109/Fw-190: Added landing gear to CH (Warthog) or H3 (Cougar) for VR users and those without MFDs.
  • AV-8B: Added option for Warthog users to use H4P as SSw Press instead of Cannon select.
  • F-14: Added Seat Height adjustment to HOTAS.and RIO MFD.
  • F-16C: Added MFD4 and miscellaneous profile improvements.
  • Combined Arms: Fixed JTAC Mode key assignments.

Ka-50:

• Fixed and improved S2 PTT for use with VAICOM/SRS.
  • Updated Trim Reset to Hover logic.

F/A-18C:

• DCS Scratchpad users can now press S3+S2+ROSB20 on the ground to perform FCS Test.
  • Added MIDS A/B support for SRS (additional configuration required).
  • Removed CommState cycling when using S3+MicSw/CommSw to pull radio knob.
  • Added option for Warthog users to use H4P as SCS Press instead of AIM-9 select.
  • Added Salute and "Hornet Ball" to the HOTAS for the Supercarrier module.

MiG-21:

• Added Radar Power switch to S3+China Hat (Warthog).
  • Reversed orientation of landing light switch to match in-game switch (Warthog).

M-2000C:

• Added and revised HUD functionality for LMFD.
  • Added D2M On/Off to user-selectable countermeasure programs.
  • Added Altitude display (Baro/Radar) select to China Hat (Warthog).
  • Fixed RBRT INS PSM/PCN orientation and made consistent across configurations.

If you set Head Tracking Hardware to 1 in CTS and rebuild the profile, the hat switch should map to trim (i.e. it automatically shifts when TrackIR/VR is enabled).

I have Head Tracking Hardware set to 1, Padlock View Enabled to 1, Default POV Hat function in VR to 1 (maybe it's this?!), then made the rebuild. But Trim in the F-14 only works when using Shift + Trim on my HOTAS Cougar as if I haven't added my DIY TrackIR. (Headtracking VR deactivated within DCS options because it was enabled.)

Edited by TheCabal

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

Hello,

first of i want to say thank you very much for this great tool!:)

I just started with DCS and the L39 recently. Almost everything works for me, except for some up/down switches on the MFD e.g. switching RSBN mode doesnt trigger the switch, but i can live with that. Also i can't get the TrackerIR Pause activated with S3+H1Down (it is bound to the shift+ctrl+f9 in trackir), but i assume the error is on my side.

Just one stupid question: what is the "LOSB1" button on my hardware in order to switch profiles?

THANK YOU:joystick:

Darkstar: Merged

I am trying to understand for uh-1h what "Master Caution" does. It's mapped to warthog throttle "l'g wrn" but in the game it changes the "AI Operator ROE"

What is supposed to be used for from CTS?

That's a bug. I'll fix it in the upcoming build.

Thanks for your reply. I am trying to figure out how it works so I might be able to help.

Additionally it would be good to map the cargo "unhook" function on some key for huey.

Maybe the pinky switch could be used when throttle set to left throttle.

Additionally it would be good to map the cargo "unhook" function on some key for huey.

Maybe the pinky switch could be used when throttle set to left throttle.

I'll look into this, thanks. EDIT: this should be set to the paddle switch on the stick.

Edited by Home Fries

Home Fries, I need some help. I'm having one of those days where no matter how many times I read the advanced config guide, the info will not stick in my head.

I've managed to setup MIDS A and B in SRS with an f18 profile, and am using Vaicom as well. What I can't figure out, despite the information clearly being presented, is if I can use both MIDs as well as a ptt for Discord on a Warthog, or if I have to lose the A channel for discord/vice versa. I think setting up SRS, Vaicom and your profile again all in one day has (home) fried my brain

I've switched to ptt keyboard, and supposedly, from what I understand (or not), that should make hat switch press into scroll lock? I'm still reading Button 20 for both HSU and HSP no matter DX or keyboard ptt.

Any help for my dumb ass would be much appreciated.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

Version 2.46 is up.

Change Log:

• Added SuperCarrier to selectable modules and added compatibility for F-14 and F/A-18C.
  • Added global option to toggle SimpleRadio Overlay with MFD Hotkeys (may require SRS remapping, see Setup Guide).
  • Improved AWACS Mode (requires SRS remapping, see Adv. Config Guide).
  • JF-17: Fixed button assignment issues, added Air Refueling.
  • UH-1: Fixed LDGH mapping to Master Caution (Warthog).

F-14:

• Added "Tomcat Ball" command to Pilot and RIO HOTAS for SuperCarrier module.
  • Fixed missing pilot commands (including LANTIRN mod).

M-2000C:

• Changed PSM Operation selector orientation to be consistent with PCM Mode selector.
  • Remapped NVG Stow keystroke to deconflict with engine start key.
  • Added LMFD Routine and MFD3 profile for VTB commands.
  • Added "Theta Up" to HOTAS to allow clearing of DO.

So i noticed some major issues when you are using TARGET software.

When you wait after boot up to run TARGET it will leave the Throttle and Joystick as separate game devices But if you launch target FIRST upon boot up of the PC it will REMOVE those secondary devices and just leave the Virtual Root Controller.

I tried to put a bat file in my startup and it used to work to help clean up these devices but now on my new build its not launching fast enough. Any suggestions?

I've managed to setup MIDS A and B in SRS with an f18 profile, and am using Vaicom as well. What I can't figure out, despite the information clearly being presented, is if I can use both MIDs as well as a ptt for Discord on a Warthog, or if I have to lose the A channel for discord/vice versa. I think setting up SRS, Vaicom and your profile again all in one day has (home) fried my brain

I've switched to ptt keyboard, and supposedly, from what I understand (or not), that should make hat switch press into scroll lock? I'm still reading Button 20 for both HSU and HSP no matter DX or keyboard ptt.

Since you are using a warthog, setting Discord PTT to Keyboard (scroll lock) will assign that to the Mic Switch Press (MSP), and you will have DirectX for MIDS A and B. However, you need to assign it to keyboard either in CTS or in profile selection (RCON Up or H4R), else it will remain as DX20.

Home Fries, I need some help. I'm having one of those days where no matter how many times I

read the advanced config guide, the info will not stick in my head.

<…>

Any help for my dumb ass would be much appreciated.

On the contrary, if the instructions require clarification please let me know.

So i noticed some major issues when you are using TARGET software.

When you wait after boot up to run TARGET it will leave the Throttle and Joystick as separate game devices But if you launch target FIRST upon boot up of the PC it will REMOVE those secondary devices and just leave the Virtual Root Controller.

I tried to put a bat file in my startup and it used to work to help clean up these devices but now on my new build its not launching fast enough. Any suggestions?

Appendix E in the Setup PDF has been updated with instructions on how to disable the Microsoft Store (which is the likely culprit in Windows 10).

Since you are using a warthog, setting Discord PTT to Keyboard (scroll lock) will assign that to the Mic Switch Press (MSP), and you will have DirectX for MIDS A and B. However, you need to assign it to keyboard either in CTS or in profile selection (RCON Up or H4R), else it will remain as DX20.

Okay this is exactly where I got confused.

So I need to map scroll lock as PTT in Discord, and then use the profile selection menu (which I use without MFDs) to set PTT keyboard?

And if want to set it in CTS, I use Values>Global>communications>TS/voice chat hotkey to 0 ? What confuses me is that it says it's recommended for SRS, and automatic with Vaicom, both of which I use.

I've tried both ways (0 and 1), and still get (MSP) as DX21/Button 20 in windows game controller (and scroll lock doesn't toggle). I'm obviously doing something wrong here. :helpsmilie:

On the contrary, if the instructions require clarification please let me know.

Thanks, I appreciate the patience. I've been digging around in your documentation for a very long time now, and this is the first time I've really been stumped.

I'm new to the Hornet, so didn't know about MIDS, but coming from that other sim, I have had a long term worry far in the back of my mind about how the IDM switches in the Viper would eventually work with this profile, but to know it can all work is great.

Win10 Pro | i7-9700K @5.0GHz | 2080 Super @2160MHz | 32GB DDR4 3600 | DCS on 1TB M.2 NVME | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswinds V2 | HP Reverb | Huion 640P | Jetpad FSE | PointCTRL

And if want to set it in CTS, I use Values>Global>communications>TS/voice chat hotkey to 0 ? What confuses me is that it says it's recommended for SRS, and automatic with Vaicom, both of which I use.

That's probably it. If you use VAICOM it forces DirectX because it uses DX20 (the TS3/Discord PTT) for the "auto" channel in VAICOM.

I'll look into this, thanks. EDIT: this should be set to the paddle switch on the stick.

I could be wrong but I see that paddle is set to "External cargo hook" which deploys the hook.

What I think is missing is a mapping for either:

"External cargo pilot unhook"

"External cargo autounhook"

Perhaps a tempo paddle would be sufficient.

Thanks for the last update, now l/g wrn mapped to caution reset!

I could be wrong but I see that paddle is set to "External cargo hook" which deploys the hook.

What I think is missing is a mapping for either:

"External cargo pilot unhook"

"External cargo autounhook"

I could also be wrong. It has been quite some time since I did any sling-loading, and back then it was normally using CTLD because the in-game sling loading was borked.

The paddle switch (or at least the pinkie button on the actual stick) is supposed to be for emergency unhook, but I felt the "normal" toggle was the way to go. If the controls have been changed since then (a very distinct possibility), what would you recommend the mapping to be. Also, have they mapped the ability to extend or retract the cable yet (supposed to be the hat switch)?

That's probably it. If you use VAICOM it forces DirectX because it uses DX20 (the TS3/Discord PTT) for the "auto" channel in VAICOM.

Got it. Will just have to choose between either MIDS A or discord depending on the situation then, which isn't that big a problem all things considered.

Thanks again.

I could also be wrong. It has been quite some time since I did any sling-loading, and back then it was normally using CTLD because the in-game sling loading was borked.

The paddle switch (or at least the pinkie button on the actual stick) is supposed to be for emergency unhook, but I felt the "normal" toggle was the way to go. If the controls have been changed since then (a very distinct possibility), what would you recommend the mapping to be. Also, have they mapped the ability to extend or retract the cable yet (supposed to be the hat switch)?

Testing on my own and reading on the huey sub-forum it seems that only auto (RCtrl+RShift+K) and manual (RCtrl+RAlt+RShift+P) unhook works.

I suggest you assign either of these to long tempo paddle.