3x Thrustmaster MFD support

Has anyone tried this and does windows properly identify 3 separate devices?

With the release of the Hornet I'm working on building a simpit that supports 3x MFDs. The problem though is I'm not sure if you can have 3 thrustmaster MFDs plugged into the same computer (or more).

I know each device has it's own "ID" to distinguish from each other. However, I'm not sure if those IDs are duplicated across packaged products - hopefully that makes sense?

I can 100 % confirm that more than 2 MFD's work flawlessly on a single PC. I currently have 3 up and working in front of me. One broke (right after the warranty... :/ ) and I bought additional 2 with regard to the hornet. From the driver it suggests that 6 are supported (at least) You can easily remap the IDs of your MFD's in the settings of windows. My "new" MFD2 was instantly recognized by DCS and worked out of the Box flawlessly as MFD2 in the A10. So go for it without worry! :) I suspect that MFD3 will be instantly supported by the Hornet.

I have 4 MFDs and as far as I can determine, they all work directly in the game. However, I believe that Target does limit you to only 2 MFDs if you want to do Target Programing.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I though target supported up to four MFDs? I don't really know, though. I saw something about it in passing, but I only have two and no plans to get more, so wasn't really an issue for me.

=-edit

Most aircraft that have MFDs in DCS seem to autoassign the MFD controls anyway. Most likely you won't have to mess with it. The A-10 and Harrier both have hard assigned controls to the MFDs

Edited by zhukov032186

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

• 4 months later...

Cougar MFD's No longer produces?

Has Thrustmaster discontinued their MFD's? Bad timing if so, given the release of the 3 MFD Hornet. :(

i7 8700K @ Stock - Win10 64 - 32 RAM - RTX 3080 12gb OC - 55 inch 4k Display

However, I believe that Target does limit you to only 2 MFDs if you want to do Target Programing.

I'll look into this.

Intel i9-13900K : ASUS TUF RTX 4080 : 32GB G.Skill RipjawsV 4000 : TM HOTAS Warthog : HP Reverb G2