Hook when TAD is the SOI

splash

Hi, I wonder if this behaviour is correct. Being TAD the SOI, if I hook some waypoint (TMS Up Short) it becomes automatically the SPI (I see the wedding cake on it). No need to press TMS Up Long to create a SPI. I thought that you had to press TMS Up Long to create a SPI at all times. Could someone explain me if this is correct? Thanks.

Are you certain it becomes the SPI (double check with Slave all to SPI for example)? Also check the SPI generator in the lower left corner of the HUD - does it change just by hooking something?

I believe the hook will be indicated by a 2-bar-wedding-cake symbol, whereas the SPI is a 3-bar-wedding-cake symbol.

Hi, I tested again and TAD is the SPI generator (it shows in the lower left corner of the HUD) and when I slaved all to SPI, for example TGP, it points to the SPI (I see the diamond over SPI). It is the SPI (3-bar) as opposite to mini SPI (2-bar). Anyway I was searching for this topic in the forum and found this post:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1348142&postcount=30

"If TAD was SPI generator, and you hook the triangle, it will become SPI automatically because SPI generated by TAD is always the current active hook."

That's the key. TAD is the SPI generator and all you lock (hook) it becomes the SPI.

That's exactly what it is happening.

Edited by splash

Hi, I tested again and TAD is the SPI generator (it shows in the lower left corner of the HUD) and when I slaved all to SPI, [...]

Well duh, if the TAD is SPI Generator then of course it happens the way you described.

I thought from your description the TAD became SPI Generator just by hooking something. That would have been wrong.

Are you certain it becomes the SPI (double check with Slave all to SPI for example)? Also check the SPI generator in the lower left corner of the HUD - does it change just by hooking something?

I believe the hook will be indicated by a 2-bar-wedding-cake symbol, whereas the SPI is a 3-bar-wedding-cake symbol.

One thing I forgot to answer is if SPI generator changes when hooking something. The answer is no. Only when I create a SPI first (TMS Up Long). After that it happens what you say in #4: everytime I hook something it becomes the SPI.

Edited by splash

Only when I create a SPI first (TMS Up Long).

I guess that's the source of your original confusion.

You don't "create" a SPI. The SPI is generated continuously, all the time (unless no applicable sensor is available).

The sensor that currently acts as SPI Generator is shown in the lower left corner of the HUD.

With the TGP as SPI Generator, you don't designate a SPI by pressing TMS Up Long. The SPI will be wherever the TGP looks.

With STPT as SPI Generator, the SPI will be whatever your current steerpoint is.

And with TAD as SPI Generator, the SPI will be whatever is hooked in the TAD.

And so on for other sensors like HUD/IFFCC and MAV.

Basically, you only need to "Set SPI" when you want to change the SPI Generator, and you always need to be aware which sensor is currently set as SPI Generator, and that this generator might be automatically reset (for instance, with TGP as SPI Generator, when you switch it off or it gets damaged or you point it at the sky, the aircraft won't keep generating an invalid SPI, but instead it'll revert to STPT by default).

I hope that clears things up a bit.

I guess that's the source of your original confusion.

You don't "create" a SPI. The SPI is generated continuously, all the time (unless no applicable sensor is available).

The sensor that currently acts as SPI Generator is shown in the lower left corner of the HUD.

With the TGP as SPI Generator, you don't designate a SPI by pressing TMS Up Long. The SPI will be wherever the TGP looks.

With STPT as SPI Generator, the SPI will be whatever your current steerpoint is.

And with TAD as SPI Generator, the SPI will be whatever is hooked in the TAD.

And so on for other sensors like HUD/IFFCC and MAV.

Basically, you only need to "Set SPI" when you want to change the SPI Generator, and you always need to be aware which sensor is currently set as SPI Generator, and that this generator might be automatically reset (for instance, with TGP as SPI Generator, when you switch it off or it gets damaged or you point it at the sky, the aircraft won't keep generating an invalid SPI, but instead it'll revert to STPT by default).

I hope that clears things up a bit.

Really good explanation! Even though I´m very casual with the sim it´s fascinating to still learn new things and get a deeper understanding.