Thanks, great campaign

animaal

during a recent ED sale, I bought the F86. Not sure why I did, I knew nothing about it and had no real interest in it.

But having the plane, it made sense to also get the Museum Relic campaign.

Wow!

It's so much more than a collection of "Go here, bomb this" missions. There's a story/progression to it, and it really feels like I'm having an impact on an ongoing engagement.

Better again, it's suitable for all skill levels. I'm terrible at spotting other aircraft (middle-aged eyes and a 15" 1080p screen probably don't help!), but the missions are designed so that it's not necessary to spot and kill all hostiles to complete the mission. I frequently replay a mission after completion, to see if I can do better. Also, all the missions that I've seen so far are based around the same geographic area, so becomes familiar. More time flying, less time looking for landmarks on maps.

I'm not finished the campaign yet, but I can see that I've been gently introduced to many of the features and capabilities of the Sabre, without feeling like the campaign is pulling me through a check-list of skills.

This experience has me re-thinking other modules (more advanced than the Sabre) that I had previously bought and hastily written off because I thought there wasn't much to them (Hello F-5E!)

I don't see any other campaigns from Apache600, but I'll be keeping my eyes open for the next one!

Sinclair ZX Spectrum 48K, Kempston joystick Interface, Alba Cassette Recorder, Quickshot II Turbo Joystick

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks animaal! It's always great to hear when others enjoy the campaign. It makes the effort and work put into it worth it :)
Hi Apache600, should we expect this campaign to work when 2.5 drops or will you need some time to update? Thanks

Sent from my ASUS_Z01FD using Tapatalk

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.

Yep, the entire campaign has been updated to work with 2.5 and has been submitted to the folks at ED. I've tested all the missions and everything worked. Barring any unforeseen issues, there shouldn't be any problems.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Yep, the entire campaign has been updated to work with 2.5 and has been submitted to the folks at ED. I've tested all the missions and everything worked. Barring any unforeseen issues, there shouldn't be any problems.

Great, so I can continue it in 2.5, as I'm just slowly progressing through the campaign. I'm usally flying MP only, but this campaign is really interesting and well made, so it was the only campaign I managed to play last year :thumbup:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Awesome. Well done.

Sent from my ASUS_Z01FD using Tapatalk

Rig: i7-6850K, Sapphire 6900XT, 32GB RAM, Asus X99-Pro board.  Gear: VPC WarBRD/MongoosT-50 Stick, VPC MongoosMT-50 Throttle, VKB T-Rudders Mk.IV Pedals, HP Reverb G2.