DLC Campaign

kontiuka

Question for the devs.

Once the C-101EB / CC is near 100% complete, would you ever consider creating a payware training / qualification campaign? I would be interested in something that pretty closely follows what a real pilot trainee would go through in the Spanish air force.

I think it would be a good opportunity to leverage the popularity of the upcoming F/A-18C module as the story arc could be that you are trying to get your jet trainer rating before advancing to an EF-18. Such a campaign would highlight the usefulness of the C-101 as a NATO trainer and might even boost sales of the C-101. :smilewink:

Just one of my wacky thoughts. :)

kon

and not just that guys ! Would be brilliant also to bring alive a Map like San Javier in Murcia, where the Culopollos have their training theatres in the AGA.

Yes, we've also been thinking about it, but we need to finish first what we have in our hands, and then we'll see.

Roberto "Vibora" Seoane

Alas Rojas

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sigpic97175_2_small.pngAERGES-LOGO-sin_fondo_small.png

I like the idea of the training campaign, but am less enthused by a training map. Just my 2 cents but I think a South American map where the CC could do COIN and or anti drug operations would be much more interesting. And I don't know how much complexity it would add but maybe that training campaign could be set up so you're either a Spanish pilot that's going to transition to the F-18 or a pilot visiting who will take the training back to his/her home country for the CC? A South American map would also probably do very well with sales when the Tucano becomes available. Anyway I'm just throwing some ideas out and anxiously await the C-101's further development :)

I like the idea of the training campaign, but am less enthused by a training map. Just my 2 cents but I think a South American map where the CC could do COIN and or anti drug operations would be much more interesting. And I don't know how much complexity it would add but maybe that training campaign could be set up so you're either a Spanish pilot that's going to transition to the F-18 or a pilot visiting who will take the training back to his/her home country for the CC? A South American map would also probably do very well with sales when the Tucano becomes available. Anyway I'm just throwing some ideas out and anxiously await the C-101's further development :)
I always felt the hurdle to jungle maps like South America or the Far East was the sheer number of trees that would have to be rendered and the performance hit it would cause. Especially taking into account shadows, collision models, and line-of-sight logic. ED's acquisition of the SpeedTree software looks promising from the videos but, even so, proprietary software like that might be too expensive for a small dev shop like AvioDev. Anyways, this a cart-before-the-horse situation. What I like about AvioDev is they don't make ridiculous promises. Not to knock VEAO, but that roadmap they came up with was really 'pie-in-the-sky' and it kind of blew up in their face. I like that AvioDev is just announcing one module (the F-1) after the C-101 is complete.
Edited by kontiuka

Once the C-101EB / CC is near 100% complete, would you ever consider creating a payware training / qualification campaign? I would be interested in something that pretty closely follows what a real pilot trainee would go through in the Spanish air force.

Great idea. I'd love to see something like that. I was always addicted to the Maple Flag Missions..and I enjoy the flying part of flying. Sometimes moreso than the combat part of virtual flying.