Idrovolanti

Xilon_x

The english work you are looking for is "Flying boat". :)

And yes, the Canadair would be interesting to fly.

in Italian it is called IDROVOLANTE translated by google and SEAPLANE.

YES well I agree that the CANADAIR and an excellent aircraft in DCS would be fantastic.

Flying boat in Italian means Ship that flies.the boat that flies.

CORRECT TRANSLATION ITALIAN TO ENGLISH IS................IT "IDROVOLANTE" ENG"HYDROPLANE"

Edited by Xilon_x

in Italian it is called IDROVOLANTE translated by google and SEAPLANE.

YES well I agree that the CANADAIR and an excellent aircraft in DCS would be fantastic.

Flying boat in Italian means Ship that flies.the boat that flies.

CORRECT TRANSLATION ITALIAN TO ENGLISH IS................IT "IDROVOLANTE" ENG"HYDROPLANE"

Hydroplane

Seaplane

Flying boat.

All viable english variants of the subject.

At least it's not the italian word in english :P

WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING YOUR POINT? :megalol:

• 3 months later...

I think you have made your point, which is... pictures and videos of seaplanes exist.

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to having one, but at this point I'm not quite sure it would be worth the tremendous effort. Perhaps after some proper mechanics for cargo planes are implemented, taking it one step at a time.

I think you have made your point, which is... pictures and videos of seaplanes exist.

I certainly wouldn't be opposed to having one, but at this point I'm not quite sure it would be worth the tremendous effort. Perhaps after some proper mechanics for cargo planes are implemented, taking it one step at a time.

Very sensible agreed

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

For me I'd probably start with things like the Beriev Be-12 (preferably the N variant), Consolidated PBY-5A etc.

Then move onto things like the Beriev A-40/200

I reckon a lot would have to change with water in the DCS, particular how it interacts with anything that floats (currently pitching and rolling is done randomly, with intensity depending on wind speed, they don't actually interact with the waves) This would probably need to change if we were to get any high fidelity vehicle that floats. (That goes for Amphibious ground vehicles too)

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

• 5 months later...