DCS World Podcast: From the 476th vFG

Dojo

DCS World Podcast: From the 476th vFG

Very cool guys. I've recently gotten into podcasts and was looking for this very thing. Great job hosting Dojo! I was geared up to hear a pretty dry, lame episode, this far exceeded my expectations.

One thing I would like is to have some stories of missions, maybe have a 2 or 4 man flight from a squadron talk about some tight situations they've been in and what tactics they used.

Also, what is the episode schedule? Monthly?

Edited by JMasterFlash
Accidentally hit submit

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any chance you'll consider doing mailbag? Given the wealth of DCS and A-10C knowledge you all have, I'm sure listeners would have plenty to ask if given the chance!

I'd like to do this very much, and have actually given it some thought already, as several of the podcasts I listen to feature this.

What I'm trying to sort out right now, as we've just started, is whether we'll do delayed response or "within the episode" response.

For example: delayed response is easy: Listeners send questions, and we answer them in the upcoming episode (probably 3-4 max per episode) with de-duplication of questions of course.

Or, and what I think is more interesting but harder to do, do we alert the listeners to upcoming guests, and have them send in questions for that guest to answer while recording the episode. And that of course is challenging. I may start with A and mix in B, but listener questions are on the list of things to do.

Also, what is the episode schedule? Monthly?

The schedule will be variable, for example, episode 2 is already recorded, is being post-processed, and will be published later this week. As much as I'd like to, I can't sustain that rate. So it may happen weekly, bi-weekly, monthly (though I hope more frequently than monthly).

I can tell you that plans for episode 3 through 5 are already laid, and guests are being invited. Again, since we want to have guests and not just make this a 476th event (episode 2 will again be with 476th members), it also takes time to make that happen. Though we've got good responses from some external invitations, so episode 3 will definitely feature non 476th members.

Thanks for the interest!

Edited by Dojo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just finished listening to the first episode. It was excellent and is certainly something that was missing. Subscribed, looking forward for more. :thumbup:

Is this your first time doing a podcast? I'm asking, because your hosting was exceptionally good for a first try :) Good mic voice, no mic shyness, clear pronunciation, no awkward silence.

Now I'm going to order some of those Mk82.5. :joystick:

Edited by winz

Thank you. I'm basically imitating the styles of podcasters I listen to and like since I've never done anything like this before. (that's also how I fly the A-10C ;) )

The audio quality could use some work. I'm learning about that stuff too... We'll continue to try and improve it for you folks!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I highly recommend the Snowball Microphone, especially as the host. Great podcast by the way, looking forward to the next episode.

VF-111 Sundowners

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Carrier Group 1 - Battlegroup Delta

Beware the lessons of a fighter pilot who would rather fly a slide rule than kick your ass!

-Commander Ron "Mugs" McKeown, USN

Commander, U.S. Navy Fighter Weapons School

2 Victories, Vietnam

Just got done listening to your pilot episode. I am a big fan of podcast as well. Thanks for putting in the time and effort to produce this. Definitely looking forward to other episodes. :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"Adulthood is like looking both ways before you cross the street and then getting hit by an airplane."

Dogs of War Dedicated WWII Server Thread

I highly recommend the Snowball Microphone, especially as the host. Great podcast by the way, looking forward to the next episode.

Thank you Zooker. I'm actually using the Snowball with a pop filter. My issue at the moment is fiddling with Audacity to get everyone's levels the same, etc. I've got help from knowledgable friends, so it'll get better in time. I'm also recording in an empty basement which doesn't help with reflection absorption.

New episode hopefully later this evening, or the latest tomorrow.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Having an audio engineer background, I HIGHLY recommend the Sure SM7B. Tis what I use and it is a fantabulous vocal microphone.

Great podcast btw! I'll be looking forward to the next episode! If ya ever have an itch to talk about mission design, myself and Grimes always love talking about it. Could rope Snoopy and others in too :D

4w24cLi.png?4

Voice of Jester AI

Death From Above =DFA= Squadron Discord - https://discord.gg/deathfromabove

http://www.twitch.tv/graywo1f

https://www.youtube.com/user/Lonewo1fg

Having an audio engineer background, I HIGHLY recommend the Sure SM7B. Tis what I use and it is a fantabulous vocal microphone.

Great podcast btw! I'll be looking forward to the next episode! If ya ever have an itch to talk about mission design, myself and Grimes always love talking about it. Could rope Snoopy and others in too :D

Grayson! Joyride and El Roto proposed this to me last week as an episode. You are now the 3rd, so it's clearly a good idea, and I'd love to have you guys.

I was going to reach out to you guys after I wrapped up Episode 3.

I'm going to coordinate through Joyride... really looking forward to it!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

sticky this please.. Fargin Awsome...this just proves to my family, by comparison, I'm not the nut job video game nerd geek they are trying to commit me for..ahahhaah.. Thanks for taking the heat off, You proved to them i could get way worse....ahahahhaha good stuff, i painfully wait the next episode...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

MoBo: SaberTooth P67 B3 CPU: i7 2600K OC'd 4.434 Cooling: H100, Nine Asorted Fans GPU: EVGA Drvr344.75 GTX 780 and 580 w/physX MEM: Patriot Viper Xtrm 16GB Power: Antec HGC-900 HRD: Samsung SSD 256GB, WD 2TB wPageFile OS: Win7pro 64b Display: AcerHN274H-nVidia3D 27", Qty2 BenQ GW2750HM 27", Asus VS208 24", Qty2 Lilliput U80/c Input: G13, G110, G700s, TM WortHog, Saitek Cmbt Rudder, TM MFCDs, TrackIR5 Sound: Z906, G930w/IR5/Pwr. Pack Chair: See Album

Thanks guys for all of the replies and PMs. My apologies for the inconsistent audio quality, it will get better.

And next episode will have members outside of our group participate, though it's always good to share.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...

yes - these are really well done Dojo... i appreciate the hard work and hope the community understands what goes into this. I only worry that your schedule of releases is aggressive... 1 a week is going to play you out!

ASUS Tuf Gaming Pro x570 / AMD Ryzen 7 5800X @ 3.8 / XFX Radeon 6900 XT / 64 GB DDR4 3200 

"This was not in the Manual I did not read", cried the Noob" - BMBM, WWIIOL