DCS World Podcast: From the 476th vFG

Dojo

wave5.png

Fellow DCS Simmers,

The 476th Virtual Fighter Group would like to present for your enjoyment, our DCS World podcast. Why a podcast? Because no one has produced one for us: the serious combat sim pilot.

Listen while you're driving, doing errands around the house, or just idly browsing the web.

Please know that this podcast will not only be about the 476th; we really want it to be about the entire DCS Community going forward.

In the first episode, we start things off by talking about our experiences being a part of a virtual squadron. Please give us your feedback, and let me know if there are topics you'd like us to cover, and perhaps interviews you like us to land. We're going to try to include everyone, from the ED forum Moderators to 3rd party developers, to members of other virtual squadrons.

How frequent will the episodes be? Variable. Sometimes weekly, bi-weekly, but hopefully never more than monthly.

CURRENT EPISODE: Episode 12: Pete "Olie" Olson, retired A-10 pilot!

Please enjoy!

How do I listen?!

1. Play from your browser or download the mp3: http://www.476vfightergroup.com/content.php?257-podcast

OR

2. Subscribe via RSS Feed to get episodes automatically: http://the476th.podbean.com/feed/

OR

3. Subscribe via iTunes: https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/476th-virtual-fighter-group/id933584005?mt=2

itunes.png

For announcements on episodes and other goings on, follow us on Twitter @476th_vFG

Edited by Dojo
Episode 11.
  • Like 3

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I commented in the podcast garden, thank you for all the time you are about to invest in this for us! Much appreciated!

Speaking of time investment...I wanna "suggest" something though I totally understand if you don't wanna do it cuz it will be more time to invest.

I am a huge fan of podcasts that also get launched on youtube.

While it is not necessary to hold the podcast with webcams etc it is awesome to get some post editing done related to the conversation.

E.G. showing screenshots of about what is discussed or photos or videos of cockpit builds or whatever will be topic in the future.

regards, WELD

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

Just finished it , very interesting...

I've never been in a squadron but I've been thinking of joining one in the near future , this is great insight in what goes on in them.

I hope it gets approved on iTunes , if it does i'll definitely subscribe to it

Thanks guys for your support!

I am a huge fan of podcasts that also get launched on youtube.

E.G. showing screenshots of about what is discussed or photos or videos of cockpit builds or whatever will be topic in the future.

regards, WELD

I know what you're referring to, though I've never done it. I'll explore the effort. Thanks for the suggestion!

I've never been in a squadron but I've been thinking of joining one in the near future , this is great insight in what goes on in them.

Highly recommended. Also, take your time when researching squadrons to join. Make sure they offer what you're looking for. There are many brilliantly run groups out there to try... so go get your feet wet. It will change the way you view simulators.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very well done listen while at work. I really hope you fellows continue this and see what come about.

Thank you

There are 2 categories of fighter pilots: those who have performed, and those who someday will perform, a magnificent defensive break turn toward a bug on the canopy. Robert Shaw

Hey,

Nice to see that your podcast went live! Definitely going to follow it!

The Stray Bear mission sounds really impressive. I'm sure my fellow pilots of the 132nd would love to run that mission on our new dedicated server!

"Some squadrons use LotATC for interactive ATC and the Huey for CSAR" :smartass: :)

'Frett'

Any chance to put this on itunes?

Yep, it's been submitted to iTunes. Before it appears, Apple has to review/approve it, and then it has to be indexed. I'll update the thread once that's done.

However, even without it being searchable in iTunes, you can subscribe to it for your Apple (and really any) devices. On an iPad/iPod/iPhone, simply click on the RSS link from the device, and the device will prompt you to subscribe.

http://www.podcastgarden.com/podcast/podcast-rss.php?id=5090

(note that the forum has truncated the URL, so you should click on it to get the full URL before copying and pasting it)

On iTunes on a Mac or PC, open the File menu and choose "Subscribe to Podcast", and paste the RSS link above into it. That's how you manually subscribe to a podcast without the content available in the iTunes store.

Note: For Android/Windows devices, you will simply need a podcast app to paste the RSS link into in order to subscribe.

Edited by Dojo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome job & idea !

Tagged on my Mac and already listening.

Bit :pilotfly:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Hey folks, we've been approved in iTunes. This means you will be able to find and subscribe to our podcast in the iTunes store.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/476th-virtual-fighter-group/id933584005

Thanks for the responses, and Episode 2 should be out by the end of the week. :director:

P.S. - For those wishing to purchase the Mk 82.5, please note that DSMS Inc. has currently suspended sales pending a lawsuit where a previous consumer claimed the Mk 82.5 hit a designated target spot on. DSMS Inc. assures us this isn't possible and the lawsuit is without merit. They've stated that as soon as their engineers prove the accuser's claims as false, the 82.5 will be made available again.

Edited by Dojo

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Right, got a good listen in and it seems very nice, did a good job production wise.

Been listening to alot of different podcasts through the years and I would say this is one of the better first episode I've heard, quality wise.

Also, the comercial was funny as heck ^^

And even though it wasn't meant as a recruitment tool for the Squadron, I still really wish I could join up...you made a good case for it at least ^^

Podcast

Oh hell yes! I have long been waiting for a DCS World podcast. Frankly, I would have been very excited to find something half as good as this. Fantastic job, and keep them coming!

P.S. any chance you'll consider doing mailbag? Given the wealth of DCS and A-10C knowledge you all have, I'm sure listeners would have plenty to ask if given the chance!

Thanks,

Copy Paper

P.S. any chance you'll consider doing mailbag? Given the wealth of DCS and A-10C knowledge you all have, I'm sure listeners would have plenty to ask if given the chance!

Thanks,

Copy Paper

That's a good idea, I'll leave it up to Dojo since this is his "baby." But I'd be happy to answer community submitted questions.