DCS: Mi-8MTV-2

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey I didnt know this was out yet, How have they got footage of me flying it already. ;)

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Great to see this - this is one of the helo's that I've actually flown in, and seen in operations quite a bit (Sierra Leone, UN).

They of course have to get that distinctive 'swish swish swish' high pitched whistling kind of noise right too (I think if you've been near them you'll know what I'm talking about), otherwise it won't be dead on! They got the Huey sounds bang on if you ask me, so that's good. I was quite close up to a Huey this weekend, nice to see it again, now to organise a ride.....

Great news for the helo sim world in any case!

Awwww... that hurts...

What went wrong there? It looked so stable and then suddenly...

No idea, but I'm guessing some sort of tail rotor failure.

Cowboy10uk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

MAK have no accident report on that helicopter, but here's the full video:

http://www.avsimrus.com/f/accidents-88/mil-8t-amur-ra-24438-full-32179.html?action=viewonline

It looks like they run out of right pedal with heavy machine at high altitude, when they eventually rotated downwind all bets were off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"If a place needs helicopters, it's probably not worth visiting." - Nick Lappos

You know that's CGI right?

Yeah, but I can't figure out why everyone is so keen to point that out. It still looks cool and is the kind of trick a lot of DCS pilots will be trying pretty much on day one of the Mi-8 release. Just trying to inspire and entertain is all :D. Sorry I didn't include a big disclaimer saying "Beware!! Fake Video!!"

Not a single comment on whether anyone enjoyed the documentary links I posted mind you, but heaps of "Fake!!" comments for the first clip. Ah well...

• Like 1

For me simply "Must have". I was waiting for this bird and for Cobra and Hind. Need a trip to Everest on Mi-8... (ups sorry, not yet map ; , wait for EDGE... ;)

attachment.php?attachmentid=81474&d=1368390687

But for Belsimtek - very good choice! Hope, in this year!

You can fly in Outerra to Himalaya :D . But +8000m is a lot for the Apache there. I mean, I am not sure it can fly/hover at that alt.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

That's the swashplate drive link (called "scissors" on some helicopters).

About that, whenever i look at the external model of the MI-8 ingame i don't see the rotating scissor. (the one that should go from the rotating swashplate to the rotor hub)

Only Pitch Links appear.

Didn't check the stationary scissor as i don't know where it should be located.

(ie, LH RH side or different)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The keeper of all mathematical knowledge and the oracle of flight modeling.:)

You can fly in Outerra to Himalaya :D . But +8000m is a lot for the Apache there. I mean, I am not sure it can fly/hover at that alt.

Neither AH-64 nor Mi-8 can get up to 8000m. Unless you drop them out the back of an An-124/C-17 from 10,000m.

About that, whenever i look at the external model of the MI-8 ingame i don't see the rotating scissor. (the one that should go from the rotating swashplate to the rotor hub)

Only Pitch Links appear.

There is no scissor assembly on the non-rotating side...I'd have to look at the in-game model again to see how it looks, I haven't looked at it in a long time.

Neither AH-64 nor Mi-8 can get up to 8000m. Unless you drop them out the back of an An-124/C-17 from 10,000m.

A scene to behold :D:D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

(...)

Would it not be enough to drop it from 8000m if that is where you want it? :smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You need enough hight to build up some rotor speed for the autorotation ;)

The air is not dense enough and 10000m is not enough considering you would also need to mount the rotor blades during the fall because the rotor diameter does not fit inside the cargohold of those aircraft. :smartass:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]