DCS: F-16CM Block 50 by EDSA Discussion Thread

NineLine

One of the things people have to keep in mind..

CCIP was a *USAF*/ *ANG* project only. There are no CCIP F-16's in non-US service.

Now there are F-16's that have gone through upgrades that more or less are the equal to the CCIP program, but they are not the CCIP's that ED is modeling.

What we're getting is a Tape 4.1 F-16CM Block 50 from 2007(roughly). You need to temper what you read on the web and forums with that fact.

i thought it was going to be tape 4.2 at the earliest since that was available starting in 2007 since even F16 maintainers like MSVegas had said 4.3 maybe since that also came within 2007 , but at worst 4.2) . 4.1 came before 2007

It seems the features of what to expect keep changing based on who you ask.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

i thought it was going to be tape 4.2 at the earliest since that was available starting in 2007 since even F16 maintainers like MSVegas had said 4.3 maybe since that also came within 2007 , but at worst 4.2) . 4.1 came before 2007

It seems the features of what to expect keep changing based on who you ask.

I mis-spoke, I believe it is going to be Tape 4.2

No, Nellis uses a combination of Block 25, 32 and I think 42. Eielson uses Block 30. There are 50 in Nellis for operational testing. The navy used modified block 30 and now block 15.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

I don't know why I though of this, but the F-16 would be a perfect place for ED to start micro transactions. I don't like micro transactions, but whether we like them or not, they are part of gaming now on all consoles, from PC to PS4. In the last 3 years, how many games form all developers have come out with some form of micro transaction?

I hope this does not happen, but as a business if makes since if they do since if it unfortunately becoming industry standard.

So USAF F-16C block 50 would be the base model. You want Greece's capabilities? We got that for $. You want to fly Polish F-16? This package cost $

Additionally, most maps they make can have and F-16. PG as it is right now can have Oman, Bahrain and UAE. They do a European map, F-16 are there. South China sea, F-16 are there.

:doh:Hope this does not happen but would not surprise me if it did.

Wow this is exactly what I was thinking lately. It just you write it better. I don't mind at all about this as long as the price is like 5 to 15 bucks depending how complex it is for ED to develope.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

You all do understand the information to do a full fidelity Block 50/52+ like the HAF and Polish AF has isn't available, right?

The reason why ED is doing a 2007 Block 50 CM is it's the latest version for which there is sufficient public information for it so it can be simulated to ED's standards.

Give it up on the F-16I, Block 50/52+, HAF, Polish, etc dreams...

Be happy with what we're getting

@mvsgas, do you know whether JDAMs can be used in stations 6 and 4? The internet says 7 and 3 just like mavs only but not sure whether to trust that.

Not to steal the question from MVSGas. Dumb bombs only on 4 and 6. Station isn't wired for video / smart munitions.

Twitch Channel

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Thunderbirds, LLC | Sponsored by Thrustmaster

Z390 Aorus Xtreme, i9 9900k, G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB, 1080ti 11GB, Obutto R3Volution, Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog, TPR, Cougar MFDs, FSSB R3L, JetSeat, Oculus Rift S, Buddy-Fox A-10C UFC, F/A-18C UFC, Tek Creations F-16 ICP

thats not a micro transaction that would be a DLC ( or discount for seperate F16 module) Micro transactions would be paying for skins , muntions ( or upgraded "gold" muntions) paying to refill fuel or repair faster etc.

Besides as another user pointed out even if ED did multiple versions of the F16, it wouldn't be the first aircraft in DCS to have multiple variations :

You can see C-101CC/EB, F-14A/B, L-39C/ZA, P-51D-25/30-NA and Spitfire MK.IX/CW in DCS World now.

Ah, SA342L/M/Minigun/Mistral as well.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

You all do understand the information to do a full fidelity Block 50/52+ like the HAF and Polish AF has isn't available, right?

The reason why ED is doing a 2007 Block 50 CM is it's the latest version for which there is sufficient public information for it so it can be simulated to ED's standards.

Give it up on the F-16I, Block 50/52+, HAF, Polish, etc dreams...

Be happy with what we're getting

There really aren't much differences in the HAF blk 50 of the same year save for AN/APG 68 V7 Radar . ( if not by this point most being equipped with AN/APG68 V9 radar with SAR capabilities), and the fact they retained analog HSI unlike CCIP upgraded USAF falcons.

though i don't think USA sold them advanced stand off weapons like JSOW or JSSAM's during this time period either.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

an interesting question that i think maybe the "in the know" peolple can explain.

how is it that JSOW was apparently authorized as "standard" starting in 2003 for F16CJ blk 50, but somehow isn't for a circa 2007 F16CM blk 50 that ED wants to model?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3919151&postcount=30

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

an interesting question that i think maybe the "in the know" peolple can explain.

how is it that JSOW was apparently authorized as "standard" asfar back as 2003 for F16CJ blk 50, but somehow isn't for a circa 2007 F16CM blk 50 that ED wants to model?

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3919151&postcount=30

Because the USAF started phasing out the JSOW-A in 2005

Because the USAF started phasing out the JSOW-A in 2005

started ≠ finish.

Besides what i think you meant to say was officially they only ceased production of that JSOW in 2005. Aim9L , AIm9M, Aim120B, AGM65D and some other types have also long ago ceased production by 2007, but as long as the weapons are still somewhere in inventory they can be used.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Not to steal the question from MVSGas. Dumb bombs only on 4 and 6. Station isn't wired for video / smart munitions.

That's interesting, but presumably 4 and 6 can carry HARMs? As the PACAF Standard Combat Loads May 2003 lists 4x AGM-88C as an SCL for 35 FW, who run the F-16CJ Block 50 as I understand it.

Looks like it can also carry JSOW on 4/6, even if the image is a bit newer than 2007.

F-16CG456FullLoadsml.jpg

Edited by Tomsk

That’s a test and eval aircraft, not to be confused with operational fleet jets.

Just because one specific airframe can/has carried certain stores config doesn’t mean they all can. T&E jets have upgrades and bespoke wiring installed that won’t hit the operational fleet for several years, if ever.

Edited by Eddie

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL