VR

rweaves6

I haven’t heard any talk or mention of VR for this upcoming module. Even with the new Yak52 that’s being developed, there was a special mention of the VR cockpit in the last update. Can we get an update on what we can expect with the VR cockpit in F18 Early Access release? Will it be fully developed and optimized (like the F5)?

Thanks

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just want to throw it out here, the videos from E3 on Wags' Youtube channel have all the players that are trying out the F/A-18 play using VR headsets, and it seems it's already significantly optimized in those videos.

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog

PC: it's much better now

Just want to throw it out here, the videos from E3 on Wags' Youtube channel have all the players that are trying out the F/A-18 play using VR headsets, and it seems it's already significantly optimized in those videos.

Glad to hear that. You would think it would be geared towards VR but I just haven’t heard anything so it made me wonder.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Glad to hear that. You would think it would be geared towards VR but I just haven’t heard anything so it made me wonder.

Well it does say virtual reality support on the key features on the pre-purchase page but nothing more than that.

From the Hornet pre-purchase news:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3352444&postcount=126

Key Features of DCS: F/A-18C Hornet:

• Professional Flight Model (PFM) and authentic Flight Control System (FCS)
  • Realistic model of the F/A-18C, down to each bolt
  • Detailed simulation of the Hornet’s many systems like engines, fuel, electrical, hydraulic, radios, lighting, emergency, and many, many more
  • Inertial and GPS navigation systems with moving map display
  • Virtually all the weapons and sensors that a mid-2000s US Navy F/A-18C operates
  • Highly realistic cockpit that is mouse interactive
  • Spin recovery system
  • Authentic Hornet sounds with assistance from Boeing
  • New effects like over-wing vapor
  • Virtual Reality support
  • Multiple liveries

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Except Pimax can’t even do 4K so don’t count on 8K!
PIMAX 8K X does.

It has two 4K panels in it.

PIMAX 8K is just a 1440 panels.

Both takes full HD and upscale to native resolution.

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

PIMAX 8K X does.

It has two 4K panels in it.

PIMAX 8K is just a 1440 panels.

Both takes full HD and upscale to native resolution.

Pimax 8k and Pimax 8k X have both the same two 4k (horizontal resolution) panels. Difference is, that the 8k upscales a 1440 signal to 4k and the Pimax 8k X has a native 4k input signal and doesn`t need to upscale. That`s why the X-version is more demanding.

Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

I can't help but think that the Pimax discussion should be held in another thread.

Ref the F18, I'm sure I read that it should also include some special headup display. Does that mean that we'll get something displayed on the visor of the pilot, in addition to the normal display? If so, bet that would look amazing in VR.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Does that mean that we'll get something displayed on the visor of the pilot, in addition to the normal display?

I don`t think so. But that will come with the implementation of the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS) later. I can`t tell what is displayed there, maybe it`s just a circle for aiming, like in the DCS Mig-29 or Su-27.

Edited by ram0506

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

• 2 weeks later...

I'm guessing the VR is built into the DCS World graphic engine, since every module I have, and I have most, going back to Black Shark, work in VR from day one.

But I could be wrong :D

I don`t think so. But that will come with the implementation of the Joint Helmet Mounted Cueing System (JHMCS) later. I can`t tell what is displayed there, maybe it`s just a circle for aiming, like in the DCS Mig-29 or Su-27.

The JHMCS can give you pretty much everything the HUD does and has a few declutter options.

jhmcs_display_symbology.jpg.6d36d822b861a10b12af939ef7d2eb57.jpg