Anyone for another light attack... A-37???

Django

Really looking forward to the A-29B, just wondering what people think about this light attack aircraft from another era, the A-37? It could also refuel air - air. Perhaps also interesting sitting side by side in multi-player???

Edited by Django

Regards, Django.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

| Warthog HOTAS + CH Pedals | 32" TV 1080p 60Hz | TrackIR5 |

Really looking forward to the A-29B, just wondering if RAZBAM might consider another light attack aircraft from another era, the A-37? It could also refuel air - air. Perhaps also interesting sitting side by side in multi-player???
Oh! I'm in!..let's see if this thread gets enough attention and we'll see..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Thanks to Silky from a post in another forum for this link.

Regards, Django.

| BMS | DCS OB | A-10C II | AV-8B | F-16C | F/A-18C | FC3 | Persian Gulf | Supercarrier | Tacview | XP11 | FF A320 | FF 757 |

| I7-9700K + NH-D15 | RTX3080Ti 12GB | DDR4-3200 16GB | Aorus Z390 Ultra | 2X Evo 860 1TB | 850W | Torrent Case |

A37 lookis like a neat little attacker. its got wide export use and actual combat service( Vietnam) going for it.

Though Its not as high in my personal wishlist as the A1H Or A1J skyraider, i would still be pleased fly it.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

As much as it looks like a really cool and interesting aircraft. Idk if it would be that different and provide anything special after the tucano. Of course I love all planes and eventually would like to see this aircraft see the sim but not yet. The sim right now needs more eastern aircraft.

I was inverted B)

From the looks of things and what other 3pd are working on it looks like we will get a good solid Nam scenario.

If that is the case i would like to see more capable aircraft, I would say F105G is possibly the best option since it can move into 80s scenario as well. F100 is also far more interesting for possibly the same amount of work

Anyone care much about seating in these kinds of smaller aircraft, tandem vs side by side?

Regards, Django.

Really looking forward to the A-29B, just wondering what people think about this light attack aircraft from another era, the A-37? It could also refuel air - air. Perhaps also interesting sitting side by side in multi-player???

Not interested. I don't think this is the kind of aircraft we need in DCS.

I would rather have more "European Cold War era" jets.

As side by side jets, F-111, A-6 or Su-24 would do fine.

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Im a big fan of light attack/coin, some aren't. it would be cool but we still got the MiG-19, A-29B, Mirage 3 amd THEN we could see about this. But yah it would be interesting, I love simulatimg these old school no high tech jets.

Tweets? Seriously?

Having the great fortune to have flown in both the Tweet and the OA-37 Supertweet, I can personally vouch that the two are as similar as chalk and cheese! The T-37 is an underpowered little easy to fly trainer (although it will actually run pretty close to a P-51 in most numbers...), while the OA-37 is an overpowered hot rod of a plane that is an absolute blast to fly!

Twice the thrust, 8 pylons plus tip tanks, and a minigun? What's not to like. Only jet I ever flew that really felt overpowered and could turn on a dime.

On a FAC flight during a Cope Thunder in the PI I was orbiting low in Crow Valley and got bounced by a roving Agressor F-5E who figured I would be easy meat. Now understand I was an F-4 WSO at the time, getting a ride in the visiting OA-37 from the 19th TAS , but was a PPL in my spare time and the pilot had pretty much let me do the whole flight so far since startup (including taxi and takeoff) so I was feeling pretty confident when the F-5 tried to close for a gun shot and made the mistake of getting into a turning fight. Twice I turned inside him and was closing for a tracking minigun shot when he would see the shot coming and exit the fight in the vertical, knowing I wouldn't try to follow him up but just wait in the valley for him to come down again and play... finally he realized that as long as we were watching him he didn't have a shot so he left to look for an easier F-4 to harass.

We were configured with tip tanks, four (4) drop tanks, and two WP rocket pods, and still only managed a 1.5 before landing back at the field (again, the pilot enjoying the ride as I flew the overhead and landed).

I also flew some interesting backseat rides in the OV-10, almost as much fun (a different story for another day). Either would be a great addition to DCS.

Vulture

• Like 1

Would I buy it? Sure! But I'd rather see the T-2 for carrier training and coin ops. The OV-10 would be pretty cool too though. Hell the thing can carry sidewinders!

Because a37b ain't a trainer but a attack jet

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Tweets? Seriously?

Underrated bird. Overlooked because hotrod fighter are more sexy

http://www.airspacemag.com/military-aviation/legends-of-vietnam-super-tweet-8974282/

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

I would prefer the T-2E, so much work was already done from razbam, you can do to a-g attacks and is relative easily to develop (no complex radar / armament / navigation system included).

neither does the A37 have any complex avionics. but it carries more ordinance and was actually used for AG work.

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Prowler, I've got access to a serviceable A37 if you need any motivation to do the tweetybird.

InWin S Frame with Asus Z170 | i7-6700K @ 4.5 Water Cooled CPU and Graphics | 16GB DDR4 | GTX1070 | 240GB M.2 SSD | Warthog Hotas | MFG Crosswind | 40" Samsung 4K | CV1 | Replica MB Mk10 Ejection Seat with Gametrix 908