Radio Issues, Nav issues

aztec01

Being working hard on learning the F86. Having trouble with the radios though. On the ARC-27 I can contact ATC on startup/takeoff but afterwards cannot contact them inbound for landing (Vaziani->Anapa), (Anapa-> Sukhumi),(Sukhumi ->Vaziani) I used (I thought) the appropriate switchology and frequency settings (T/R, T/R-G, and the correct preset)

Any idea?

Secondly, I've tried to tune in the ADF, and can certainly pickup the station (Morse and everything), but the ADF direction indicator doesn't work, even with switch to ADF)

Again, any ideas?

Got to learn how to do the emergency gear release on the last mission! :-D

Specify which mission exactly are you talking about so that we can check them. It's not uncommon for some default or payware campaign missions to get bugged after one of game updates.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Aztec,

With regards to ADF nav, myself and many other players have been using it since the last game update, so the system itself isn’t bugged, unless like Art said it is related to the specific mission you are playing.

I would just fire up the mission editor and put yourself airborn in the vicinity of a beacon, that would take the mission variable out of the equation.

I’m not sure what you mean by “the switch to adf” as the ADF setting on the ARC 27 comm radio isn’t modeled. Just set the ARN 6 radio to “COMP”, tune the frequency, identify the Morse, and you should be all set. The radio compass will be indicating a relative bearing to the station.

One other possible gotcha here, the F86 generator doesn’t keep system voltage high enough at idle to always keep the radios functioning - however, as long as you can still hear the ident you have enough power in and the system is working.

Tom

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”

Thanks for the replies. Truth be told, I only have about 7 hours in the F86 now, and am just beginning to learn it's good points and it's vagaries. All my issues are with missions I have generated on the editor. Just trying to get from point A-B, landing, some basic gunnery, switchology and the like. I believe the ARC-27 issue is a key-mapping problem. But, if I activate the radio switch on the throttle I can now contact the appropriate frequencies programmed into the radio. NAV? Let's just say I'm not ready for heavy weather yet. I remembered reading about the ADF not being modeled, and I meant to say "radio compass". I apologize for the misunderstanding. Having a devil of a time trying to tune it while in flight and it always points someplace else. (Learning the Morse codes too) And, the generator thing? I learned that after I posted my original question.

Thank you again for giving me some ideas

One last thing with the ADF - depending on your personal feelings about the realism of the kneeboard, it does display down to a whole number the freq you have tuned. It isn't always perfect in the case of frequencies within one digit of each other but it gets you in the ballpark and can be a good training aid.

Edited by tom_19d
Corrected typo

Multiplayer as Variable

Asus Z97-A - I7 4790K - 32 GB HyperX - EVGA GTX 1080 Ti - Corsair 750i PSU

TM Warthog HOTAS - TM Cougar MFDs - CH Pedals - TrackIR 5 - Samsung RU8000 55”