No trim control

tingri

Hello I purchased the aircraft yesterday and it obviously is very well visually modeled with huge potential. But I was not able to map trim controls on my joystick ( it mapped only trim up but it does not work in game), the key trim controls don't work either, or they work in a very erratic state. In the current state the aircraft is impossible to trim. Please tell me is this a bug or I am doing something wrong.

Edited by tingri

Hello I purchased the aircraft yesterday and it obviously is very well visually modeled with huge potential. But I was not able to map trim controls on my joystick ( it mapped only trim up but it does not work in game), the key trim controls don't work either, or they work in a very erratic state. I the current state the aircraft is impossible to trim. Please tell me is this a bug or I am doing something wrong.

Same here:cry:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I'm not at my computer right now, but this can be fixed by modifying the controlfile under mods/aircraft/c101 (not 100% sure about the path)

You have to uncomment (remove the --) at the start of four lines concerning trim, and comment out two other lines concerning trim.

Sorry its a bit vague, but it's all from my rather dusty memory. Maybe someone else will chime in with more details..

Right, the file is default.lua and is found in:

DCS World\Mods\aircraft\C-101\Input\joystick

And, line 28-36 needs to look like this (well, atleast that is what I had success with)

Remember to backup the original file!!

--{down = 100021, up = 100021, cockpit_device_id = 2, name = "Trim: Nose Down", category = 'Flight Control'},

--{down = 100022, up = 100022, cockpit_device_id = 2, name = "Trim: Nose Up", category = 'Flight Control'},

{pressed = iCommandPlaneTrimUp, up = iCommandPlaneTrimStop, name = _('Trim: Nose Up'), category = _('Flight Control')},

{pressed = iCommandPlaneTrimDown, up = iCommandPlaneTrimStop, name = _('Trim: Nose Down'), category = _('Flight Control')},

{pressed = iCommandPlaneTrimLeft, up = iCommandPlaneTrimStop, name = _('Trim: Left Wing Down'), category = _('Flight Control')},

{pressed = iCommandPlaneTrimRight, up = iCommandPlaneTrimStop, name = _('Trim: Right Wing Down'), category = _('Flight Control')},

{pressed = iCommandPlaneTrimLeftRudder, up = iCommandPlaneTrimStop, name = _('Trim: Rudder Left'), category = _('Flight Control')},

{pressed = iCommandPlaneTrimRightRudder, up = iCommandPlaneTrimStop, name = _('Trim: Rudder Right'), category = _('Flight Control')},

Edited by Dachs
To add code fix

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

I'm not at my computer right now, but this can be fixed by modifying the controlfile under mods/aircraft/c101 (not 100% sure about the path)

You have to uncomment (remove the --) at the start of four lines concerning trim, and comment out two other lines concerning trim.

Sorry its a bit vague, but it's all from my rather dusty memory. Maybe someone else will chime in with more details..

Thank you. I can not believe how all that brought the model are able to fly it with this level of crappy trim or no trim control at all.

hi could somebody please explain how you get to custom keys in DCS world as I have forgotten.

Many thanks

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV