MiG-19 Development

OverStratos

You've been stabbing that filler cap to death, with your pencil? :)

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

will be a blast to get into the merge with this flying a fourteen kitty ^^

... And see how much flying a 22 year newer (A-variant) aircraft gives you an advantage, though I am not sure if the MiG-19p will be able to out-turn a Tomcat... In which case with proper evasion tactics it is gonna be a really dangerous bird to fly against!. The MIG-21bis should be from the same time period as you (same year!) and the main opponent that it was designed to face (Bear aside)! :)

Still, the MiG-23M would also be same year (a few months earlier that year, but still)! And in my opinion, a much more worthy opponent than the MiG-21bis. :D

It's a shame we won't be getting one. :(

*EDIT*

A lot of aviation things happened in 1972! :D

Edited by asla36
Of which, thau can see above.

DCS: MiG-23

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

Make it happen, and take my money! :D

MiG-19P as on Wikipedia :

"Version equipped with RP-1 Izumrud radar in the nose and armed with 2 23 mm NR-23 (later 2 30 mm NR-30) cannons in the wings. Had provision for an unguided rocket pack under each wing, elongated tailfin fillet, all-moving tailplane, third airbrake added behind the ventral fin. Vympel K-13 (AA-2 'Atoll') air-to-air missile (AAM) capability was added late in its service life; entered production in 1955."

So will we get the K-13 missiles too ?

so glad we are getting another Russian aircraft to fly. DCS would be empty if we only had Western aircraft. I also think the Shenyang interceptor being developed would complement the mig 19 nicely in combat

As far as I can tell, it seems to be a mix of the MiG-23 and Su-15 (both birds I would really like to see in DCS! :D). So if we were to get one... Nice! :)

Though the MiG-23 and Su-15 are still the originals, and for that I think they would have more mass appeal. ;)

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

J-8 II is a different, distinct aircraft from China.

Though, it can perhaps be argued that, its roots may loosely be traced to MiG-21, that would be a fairly distant origin.

Long story (somewhat) short: China were to licence produce MiG-21F, but a fall out in relations with Soviet Union happened, but China decided to continue the project with what they had, resulting in J-7, kind of a distinct line of MiG-21 that got more and more diversified from original Soviet aircraft. Crazy as it may sound, J-7 stayed in production until 2013 apparently. Latest versions very much yummy to think about but I digress.

Well, China decided they need a bigger interceptor too, so they've first tried to enlarge what they already had, first J-8 was kind of like a gigantic MiG-21 with two engines, with characteristic pen nose and all. That one didn't perform all that well though, and a redesign resulted in J-8II, the one we see in the link, with a more F-4/MiG-23/Su-15ish look to it, at least as far as the nose part goes. Its wings however, are still essentially supersized MiG-21 wings.

The more red birds, the merrier :P. Specifically for me, the more obscure birds, the merrier! :)

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

J-8 II is a different, distinct aircraft from China.

Though, it can perhaps be argued that, its roots may loosely be traced to MiG-21, that would be a fairly distant origin.

Long story (somewhat) short: China were to licence produce MiG-21F, but a fall out in relations with Soviet Union happened, but China decided to continue the project with what they had, resulting in J-7, kind of a distinct line of MiG-21 that got more and more diversified from original Soviet aircraft. Crazy as it may sound, J-7 stayed in production until 2013 apparently. Latest versions very much yummy to think about but I digress.

Well, China decided they need a bigger interceptor too, so they've first tried to enlarge what they already had, first J-8 was kind of like a gigantic MiG-21 with two engines, with characteristic pen nose and all. That one didn't perform all that well though, and a redesign resulted in J-8II, the one we see in the link, with a more F-4/MiG-23/Su-15ish look to it, at least as far as the nose part goes. Its wings however, are still essentially supersized MiG-21 wings.

The more red birds, the merrier :P. Specifically for me, the more obscure birds, the merrier! :)

Indeed, the more birds the merrier! :D

Though I would still prefer the MiG-23 (personal biases coming from an ex-soviet republic ;)). It would probably be easier to get documentation on as well, since the J-8II is in service with the Chinese. And they seem to be a bit secretive, gotta hope it's old enough... :(

Still, would be a day-1 buy for me! But the MiG-23 would just be a more "hypey" day-1 buy! :D

Edited by asla36
Missed a word! :I

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]

meanwhile there's a recent mig-23 topic in the lounge that literally nobody replied to

Because that thread is about MiG-23 information, as the poster pointed it out in first 2 lines. Quite understandable if someone don't have any information to share..yet

And if someone is interested to know about MiG-23 development then here is the response from official channel. Can be copy and pasted if someone asks about it.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3056848&postcount=1

As the MiG-23 was not authorized, we started to push our second project which is the MiG-19. I´ve been swiming in MiG-19s and MiG-19 documentation for the past two months as at the beginning it was supposed that we would have more time to gather all the necessary data and as a consequence, some info is still missing.

We appreciate any help.biggrin.gif

A new historically accurate MiG-19P model is being made. I will be posting some work in progress pictures of the new MiG-19 model around next week.

This space is available for your advertisement

i love the mig-23 and all but this is a mig-19 thread

meanwhile there's a recent mig-23 topic in the lounge that literally nobody replied to

Thr real point is the fact that now we know we'll have a 19 and while its not an Mig 23 we'll have a J-8 II, while is kinda unexpected is far from unwelcomed. Now we know not oly one cool aircraft is coming (sooner or later) but two!

Ok, ok. Back on MiG-19p topic! :D

How were the CM? Did it even carry them, did it have the option to attach them on special racks like on the MiG-21bis?

[sIGPIC]

[/sIGPIC]