New Flares in OpenBeta 1.2.12......?!?!?

FlyNate

Tried already. Its not just a simple fx, texture, or shader. Why don't they just do things right the first time, then we wouldn't have to mod it...?

Does anyone know how to revert 1.2.12 back to the old flare effects?

Yes, stop using the open beta.

Lol at the "anger" over flares.

And this. So very much this.

Windows 10 Home, Intel Core i7-9700K @ 4.6GHz, Gigabyte GTX 1070 G1 Gaming (8GB VRAM) on 34" LG curved monitor @ 3440x1440, 32GB RAM, TrackIR 3 (with Vector Expansion), Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Combat Pedals, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs.

What is the "Mk. 2 Eyeball?" An eye with LASIK surgery?

Old flares were much better and more true to their real-life counterparts. Why mess with them at all? And why would it have anything to do with EDGE? We're not in EDGE so why would they drag this new flare out and put it in the old graphics engine? Doesn't make any sense.

Your eyes. It's just pilot speak refering to your eyes as the first and sometimes last optical device.

Is this really that big a deal? They are big bright things you pop out the back of the acft at speed, if you are having to release flares during a mission, and you are staring at the flares rather than scanning for threats/maneuvering, you may want to consider ejection seats as a new hobby.

LOL !!!!!!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Mk 1 eyeball is the traditional saying. Mk 2 would be an improved version of it hence it doesn't really work as well

Then my instructor lied to me. Abyways, I don't understand why people are complaining to have something fixed. It's BETA and should be treated like that. So make a conversation/discussion or ideas to improve instead of crying that something is broke. Some like it, some don't. And if you have neither to say, be quiet.

I would hate to be a flight sim developer... simmers will take a screencap of, like, a piece of geometry nobody will ever see, they'll look through Google Images, the Library of Congress, and even 1930s MicroFish tapes - and then throw pitchforks and torches at the dev for graphically mis-representing a vent louvre underneath some chicken farmer's roof in France (which isn't even on the map because it's in France), and they'll start a thread about it, and eventually a petition too.

For good reason, sims are not supposed to be some artists rendition, supposed to try to make it as close to the real thing as possible, since a lot of these planes you can't just grab a real one and test it to your hearts content till you get the physics right, at least you can get the visuals right.

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

1.2.12 is now out for DCS, and the flares still suck, lol. May not be a big deal for some, and I understand, I just think they could have spent that time working on other know issues instead of changing something that didn't have anything wrong with it.

Does anyone know how we could put the old flares back into 1.2.12 if desired?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Old one looked like a crap 2d sprite. New ones much better can't wait for more of the new fx changes that 2.0 will bring. Like always don't like it mod it or ask a modder to change it. Could always just copy the old one and paste it back in lol

Or they could do things right the first time and we would have no need for mods.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AGREED!! CMON ED What the hell

What is the "Mk. 2 Eyeball?" An eye with LASIK surgery?

Old flares were much better and more true to their real-life counterparts. Why mess with them at all? And why would it have anything to do with EDGE? We're not in EDGE so why would they drag this new flare out and put it in the old graphics engine? Doesn't make any sense.

Is this really that big a deal? They are big bright things you pop out the back of the acft at speed, if you are having to release flares during a mission, and you are staring at the flares rather than scanning for threats/maneuvering, you may want to consider ejection seats as a new hobby.

I was looking back for threats but I couldn't see them for all the horrible effects work :megalol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Naah, I like the new flares, looking better, different for every each flare. But the star-like glaring seems a bit overdone. Cameras often have problems with too high contrasts but the Mk 2 eyeball can handle high contrasts way better which is why it looks too artificial. But on the other hand the further you move away the more should the star shine over the "round" glare effect. It's like looking at a welding torch. The closer you get, the more you're blinded. The further you are away, the clearer you see the actual welding flame.

One problem, its not a welding torch, its a flare. Oh, and it looks like crap :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Comeon... its not that bad. The smoke actually looks better than the paper cut out version of the old school LOMAC style flares. Wait till how it looks in 2.0.

2014-12-04_00001_zpscb1cf410.jpg

2014-12-04_00002_zpscdda88a6.jpg

WHISPR | Intel I7 5930K | Nvidia GTX980 4GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR4 | Intel 730 series 512GB SSD | Thrustmaster WARTHOG | CH Pro Pedals | TrackIR4 pro |

|A-10C|BS2 |CA|P-51 MUSTANG|UH-1H HUEY|MI-8 MTV2 |FC3|F5E|M2000C|AJS-37|FW190|BF 109K|Mig21|A-10:SSC,EWC|L-39|NEVADA|

i assume you guys dont play in 3d? Well i do and can assure you the new flares look epic as far as a 3d object and its new smoke effect is awesome. The old flare was a horrible flat sprite in 3d. I for one welcome the new changes, maybe tweak the colors of it a bit but its a way better fx than the old one in my opinion and in 3d...

I7 4770k @ 4.6, sli 980 evga oc edition, ssdx2, Sony 55 inch edid hack nvidia 3dvision. Volair sim pit, DK2 Oculus Rift.

Pretty sure the same flares look better in a certain video recorded on a early version of edge.

The old 2D Sprite effect had to go, specially considering traction 3D Screens and Oculus Rift is gaining.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs