When was the Litening Pod MARK feature introduced?

Ziptie

Just as the title states..... When?

Flew yesterday, Master Arm ON, A/G mode selected, OSB push button MARK, depress the trigger, MARK. Just curious when this was introduced as don’t personally recall this function working prior..

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

Does it actually create a markpoint?

Not from what I experienced, although it’s possible I missed the addition to the HSI. It was a busy environment unfortunately. Will be testing in an hour. It did however, stay locked on that point without moving - after turning cold, landing, rearming and refueling, then getting airborne again. Using point track for that before resulted in the FLIR page losing the picture prior to that (for me at least).

Again, more of just the question, when was it implemented? Don’t ever recall it saying MARK after trigger depression before.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

I think he's referring to the IR laser marker, not markpoints. The IR Laser marker has been in since pod release.

Really? Geez, guess I’ve never tested. It was daylight, so didn’t see any marker as no NVG were equipped. Thanks.

Cheers,

Don (callsign Ziptie)