Option: Golden yellow canopy tint

hflag

After today's upgrade I am under the impression the canopy tint is more yellow than before. I don't really like the look of the Caucasus through this filter now.

Am I the only one to see the world this way?

canopy.thumb.jpg.e88dd41c51df7b2fb245f83e159f45b8.jpg

Edited by hflag
add screenshot

Never fear - there will be a mod out to 'fix' that in no time hehe.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

But it's worse since today, right? An option in the "Special" tab would be welcome.

Why, its gold irl....

Intel Core i7-6700K Cpu 4.00 GHz OC 4.8 GHz Water Cooled|32 GB DDR4 ram OC| Nvidia RTX 2080Ti| TrustMaster Warthog|Saitek Battle Pro Pedals | Logitec G13| Oculus Rift S :joystick:

I´m in for a ride, a VR ride:pilotfly:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCBX_-Hml7_7s1dggit_vGpA?view_as=public

i actually though ED learned its lesson when the F16 came out and realized that poeple might want to see the outside colors as they are.

To bad we made a step back. wish i had backuped tho old textures so i could use those befor the update

'controlling' the Ka50 feels like a discussion with the Autopilot and trim system about the flight direction.

It seems to me the old textures are still in the F-16C-CPT-TEXTURES.zip:

I see f16c_glass_canopy_dif.dds and f16c_glass_canopy_gold_dif.dds

f16c_glass_canopy_refl.dds and f16c_glass_canopy_gold_refl.dds

and f16c_glass_canopy_refl_RoughMet.dds and f16c_glass_canopy_gold_refl_RoughMet.dds

So maybe only a description.lua is needed.

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance
"Nun siegt mal schön!" - Theodor Heuss, September 1958

"Nobody has any intention of building a wall." - Walter Ulbricht, June 1961
"Russia has no plans to invade either Ukraine or any other country.
" - Vladimir Chizhov, Russia's ambassador to the EU, January 2022

A quick and dirty test shows it does work - but there still seems to be a slight tint.

Screen_191204_220451.jpgScreen_191204_230605.jpg

"[...] because, basically, in this day and age, if you get to the merge and no one's died - it's not good for anybody." - Keith 'Okie' Nance

Is there a fix for this ?

It looks awful

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

It’s hilarious and very predictable that the same group that has a thread that is literally hundreds of posts long, discussing that the new viper must be authentic and true to the real thing, sometimes even frantically like a rabid foaming dog, immediately complain and ask for it to be switched back when the canopy is tinted true to real life. The same group that reports things like turn speed being off by 5 knots, or the breaks seeming to slow the plane down 15 feet longer than they think it should, cant stand a canopy that looks real. This is hilarious and unfortunately completely predictable.

you're a funny guy, KTFBGB

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 3090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 4K Samsung Q90R 55" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

I quite like it, because now I actually feel like I'm sitting under a canopy. Before it was like flying in a convertible, which made me feel very uncomfortable. Besides that, the Viper is known for its golden canopy!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I love the new effect, its is more realistic, obviously for VR user or because doesn't likes this effect, make an optinon on/off, simple, we are all happyes.....

cpu:I7-6700k Z170 16GB Ram DDR4 Gtx 1080 8Gb DDR5 11GBs SSD 500 Gb 2 HDD 1Tb Evga supernova G2 850w Case Bequiet series 800 Silent base Win 10 pro 64 bit

My wishlist: F-35/B-17G/F4U Corsair/Yak-3/P-40B Tomahawk

what did u do to fix it mr @ams99?

ams999 tip works for me...

Textures are in DCS World OpenBeta/Mods/aircraft/F-16C/Cockpit/Textures

Not sure is the correct way to do it, but here it is: Extract zip folder and interchange names in the six textures (gold and no gold).

I leave the two folders (compress and uncompress). It seems DCS read first uncompress folders.

And yes, I know it's not very realistic, but I prefer no gold tint. Didn't like in the Su-27 either. As other said, an special option would be nice.

btw, be aware no IC pass. Again, perhaps there is another way to do it better.

For anyone who wants to remove the tint here is a small description.lua - simply extract and drop the folder Cockpit_F-16C into your SavedGames/DCS/Liveries.

No other changes are needed and it passes IC.

I also hope there will be a special option between 'tint' and 'no tint', that would be the easiest...

For anyone who wants to remove the tint here is a small description.lua - simply extract and drop the folder Cockpit_F-16C into your SavedGames/DCS/Liveries.

No other changes are needed and it passes IC.

I also hope there will be a special option between 'tint' and 'no tint', that would be the easiest...

Thanks ams :)

It’s hilarious and very predictable that the same group that has a thread that is literally hundreds of posts long, discussing that the new viper must be authentic and true to the real thing, sometimes even frantically like a rabid foaming dog, immediately complain and ask for it to be switched back when the canopy is tinted true to real life. The same group that reports things like turn speed being off by 5 knots, or the breaks seeming to slow the plane down 15 feet longer than they think it should, cant stand a canopy that looks real. This is hilarious and unfortunately completely predictable.

True words!

Before you call everything a "bug": RTFM & try again! Thank you. :music_whistling:

I9-9900k, 32 GB RAM, Geforce RTX 2080 TI, 128 GB M2 SSD, 1 TB SSD, Track IR, Warthog Hotas

You're welcome, glad if it helps!

:thumbup:

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com