ME Getting Stuck

SPS48A

I've had this problem occur multiple times while using the measurement tool in ME. It seems to work OK but then ME gets stuck and I can't do anything else. I can do the following:

Right click and pan around the map.

Center click and make distance/angle measurements.

Scroll in/out using the center wheel

Left click an aircraft or static object but I can't edit it. All I can do is move it around on the map.

What I can't do is select any other menu item. So I can't save my work or make any other edits.

It is as if I have ME stuck into some sub mode and I can't figure how to get it out.

Can't X out of the editor

I have had to restart DCS to get back to normal.

This happens pretty regularly

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

LOL

No offense taken at all, I may well be doing something really stupid. I did try to click on the measuring tool again. But like the other menu icons it won't take. It is like the screen is stuck in some other mode. When I click on an icon, it is the same as if clicking on the map behind it. For example I can click the measuring tool icon with the middle mouse button and drag and it measure the distance to a point behind the icon to wherever I drag to. If that makes sense.

Very weird indeed. Try relocating the following folder: c:/users/YOURUSERNAME/Saved Games/dcs(or dcs.openbeta)/MissionEditor

The game will auto-generate a new folder.

Does this correct the issue? If so, reset any changes and delete your old folder. If the issue persists, you can restore your old folder (if desired.)

You can also try running a repair (start menu -> eagle dynamics -> DCS World (Openbeta) -> Repair DCS World)

Edited by feefifofum

**** Resolved *****

I was getting very frustrated with this problem so I became very slow and deliberate in my actions to narrow the problem down. The problem occurred when I tried to measure a distance with the measuring tool while holding down the left mouse and right mouse buttons concurrently so I could scroll to a distant part of the map without zooming in. What I discovered is while performing this process I was inadvertently pressing one of the side buttons on my mouse. This had been programmed to do send a rapid double click. Not sure why this was causing the software to get hung up, but I haven't had any issues since I reprogrammed the mouse to disable this button in DCS.