A Question For Those Who Own The Tomcat

BuzzU

"If you are familiar with the term and procedures for CCIP and CCRP"

That's funny Pally but i'll let it go since you're trying to help. I also noticed your join date.

Anyway, i've watched so many Tomcat videos and read so many manuals that I almost feel like i've already flown it.

Buzz

Oh, snap! Sorry BuzzU, I had no idea you are already good with the Hornet (no wonder you found my comment funny. I meant no offense!)

I got happy about the Tomcat, and jumped on the opportunity to reply. My bad!, buzzU. I'm still learning. I have yet to have CCIP nor CCRP from the DCS Hornet. Lastest recall of those two things where from Jane's F/A-18 from two decades ago. Gonna read more and keep learning. Hornet is next though. :)

Edited by Pally

Oh, snap! Sorry BuzzU, I had no idea you are already good with the Hornet (no wonder you found my comment funny. I meant no offense!)

I got happy about the Tomcat, and jumped on the opportunity to reply. My bad!, buzzU. I'm still learning. I have yet to have CCIP nor CCRP from the DCS Hornet. Lastest recall of those two things where from Jane's F/A-18 from two decades ago. Gonna read more and keep learning. Hornet is next though. :)

No problem but I do have a decade in the other sim flying the Viper and a lot of years flying the A-10c. No big deal. I know you were trying to help.

I'm having a hard time deciding on the Tomcat. I like the plane but i'm rubbed a bit wrong with Jester. Not so much with Jester but the idea of being helped flying the plane. I don't fly online anymore so a human in his position is not an option. Jumping back and forth is also not an option. It would kill immersion and just make everything harder than what's realistic. I know we aren't flying the real plane but we can pretend if what we're doing seems real at the moment.

Buzz

I'm having a hard time deciding on the Tomcat. I like the plane but i'm rubbed a bit wrong with Jester. Not so much with Jester but the idea of being helped flying the plane. I don't fly online anymore so a human in his position is not an option. Jumping back and forth is also not an option. It would kill immersion and just make everything harder than what's realistic. I know we aren't flying the real plane but we can pretend if what we're doing seems real at the moment.

Hmm. I think you are looking at it maybe from the wrong side of the coin. What makes the Tomcat/ Jester is actually that the pilot is being helped by a RIO. That is its great fortitude over other aircraft, and it does not diminish your work as a pilot - at all. To the contrary, it elevates it, because now you can focus on flying the thing, on fighting the thing. You can perfectionate your workflow in the front pit till elegance, because someone is in the back helping you. I think most will find that Jester is helping them too little at times, since our abilities for such an AI program are of course limited, in the frame of DCS and in what we can do. But I can assure you that Swither, Graywolf and I put a lot of love and dedication into Jester to make him a true companion and as human as possible. He's far from perfect yet, but he does do his job.

And who knows, maybe it will even bring you back to Multiplayer, because the pilot-RIO experience is just one of a kind. Obviously I'm trying to close you here like some Harvey Specter from Suits, lol, but I don't think you will regret it, which is why I have no bad waste at all, haha. Shameless as I am, I can tell you this: if you feel a fire burning in your palm, you are missing out, it will connect and it will ignite both ways, I guarantuee you that. So much so, that if you don't like it (provided you purchase it on our store), I'll refund you your money no questions asked, and if you like you can try and fly it for 2 full weeks. Get it, try it, love it, and if you don't - shoot me a pm and I'll sort you out. :)

But: if you do like it - then please return here and share the fire. :thumbup:

S!

Heatblur Simulations

Please feel free to contact me anytime, either via PM here, on the forums, or via email through the contact form on our homepage.

http://www.heatblur.com/

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

With all that said. I still might buy it. :)

What?! You haven't bought it yet!?!? Go buy yourself a Tomcat for Christmas!

...you can focus on flying the thing, on fighting the thing. You can perfectionate your workflow in the front pit till elegance...

This is one of the biggest reasons why I love flying the Tomcat and prefer it much more over the single seat FBW aircraft and their associated systems management and information overload.

i5 7600K @4.8GHz | 1080 Ti | 32GB 3200MHz | SSD | DCS SETTINGS | "COCKPIT"

Hmm. I think you are looking at it maybe from the wrong side of the coin. What makes the Tomcat/ Jester is actually that the pilot is being helped by a RIO. That is its great fortitude over other aircraft, and it does not diminish your work as a pilot - at all. To the contrary, it elevates it, because now you can focus on flying the thing, on fighting the thing. You can perfectionate your workflow in the front pit till elegance, because someone is in the back helping you. I think most will find that Jester is helping them too little at times, since our abilities for such an AI program are of course limited, in the frame of DCS and in what we can do. But I can assure you that Swither, Graywolf and I put a lot of love and dedication into Jester to make him a true companion and as human as possible. He's far from perfect yet, but he does do his job.

And who knows, maybe it will even bring you back to Multiplayer, because the pilot-RIO experience is just one of a kind. Obviously I'm trying to close you here like some Harvey Specter from Suits, lol, but I don't think you will regret it, which is why I have no bad waste at all, haha. Shameless as I am, I can tell you this: if you feel a fire burning in your palm, you are missing out, it will connect and it will ignite both ways, I guarantuee you that. So much so, that if you don't like it (provided you purchase it on our store), I'll refund you your money no questions asked, and if you like you can try and fly it for 2 full weeks. Get it, try it, love it, and if you don't - shoot me a pm and I'll sort you out. :)

But: if you do like it - then please return here and share the fire. :thumbup:

S!

Thank you for the offer but if I buy it i'll keep it. As you can see i'm careful before buying but when I finally decide i'll stay with it.

Thanks again.

Buzz

What?! You haven't bought it yet!?!? Go buy yourself a Tomcat for Christmas!

This is one of the biggest reasons why I love flying the Tomcat and prefer it much more over the single seat FBW aircraft and their associated systems management and information overload.

I'm not sure if I mentioned it but i'm waiting for my SS check to hit my bank account. It should be late tomorrow night.

I wanted the time to be sure it's what I want. Yeah, I know. Another picky old man.

Buzz