Appreciation thread

Krippz

I would enjoy the warbirds more, if just ED kept adding assets to the WW2 pack .. currently the pack is very bare making it hard to create realistic missions at Normandy. Here is a Catalog that I made, to ease the unit selection when editing missions:

https://1drv.ms/b/s!Ai6cuX3YQI26hLsOUX2Qf3oeih9zcg

.. most needed are AI aircrafts to provide opossition for the current DCS Warbirds: junkers 88, bf-110, B-26, B-24, Lancaster, Mosquito ... also, ground airfield items would be very useful.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

I love the DCS warbirds.... I wish they were more popular in mp though.

ASUS ROG G701VI-XS72K 17.3" - i7 7820HK - GTX 1080 8GB - 32 GB 2666mhz - 512 GB SSD - Win10 Pro 64-Bit - T̶r̶a̶c̶k̶I̶R̶5̶ - Samsung Odyssey HMD!! (Amazing!!) - X56 Rhino HOTAS

The DCS warbirds are the best quality available for any sim (with maybe one exception for the P-51, maybe). However, I'm disappointed in the aircraft selected. The only items that historically fit each other are the Spitfire, the Anton, and Normandy. I think a Gustav and a 51B/C would make a good, more fitting additions for the time around the D-day landings. For the very late-war aircraft, a different map is needed, closer or including Germany. And the P-51D-30 doesn't belong, a more fitting Mustang would have been a -20. At least there's the -25 now. On the topic of the Mustang, it really needs that higher octane.

I enjoy the DCS warbirds, but the features chosen and the types chosen don't suit me very well. I believe with more content, DCS WWII will really take off in popularity. But until then, unfortunately, I don't think the fidelity alone is enough to make up for the current dry experience available.

Hardware: T-16000M Pack, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, GTX 1070 SC2, AMD RX3700, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, FC3, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The DCS warbirds are the best quality available for any sim (with maybe one exception for the P-51, maybe). However, I'm disappointed in the aircraft selected. The only items that historically fit each other are the Spitfire, the Anton, and Normandy. I think a Gustav and a 51B/C would make a good, more fitting additions for the time around the D-day landings. For the very late-war aircraft, a different map is needed, closer or including Germany. And the P-51D-30 doesn't belong, a more fitting Mustang would have been a -20. At least there's the -25 now. On the topic of the Mustang, it really needs that higher octane.

I enjoy the DCS warbirds, but the features chosen and the types chosen don't suit me very well. I believe with more content, DCS WWII will really take off in popularity. But until then, unfortunately, I don't think the fidelity alone is enough to make up for the current dry experience available.

Our mustang need v1650-9

System specs: I7 14700KF, Gigabyte Z690 Aorus Elite, 64GB DDR4 3600MHz, Gigabyte RTX 4090,Win 11, 48" OLED LG TV + 42" LG LED monitor

When I first flew the DCS warbirds it was back in 1.5, we only had the Mustang and the Dora over the Caucasus. Not much content to play with, but I knew there was no way back for me. After this level of realism, nothing else felt right anymore. Since then, DCS WWII has come a long way, and there is so much more in the pipeline. All this combined with the infinite possibilities provided by the mission editor, DCS WWII has made my warbird related childhood dreams come true, and more. Thank you devs, and I’m looking forward to the new stuff to be released.

S!

When I first flew the DCS warbirds it was back in 1.5, we only had the Mustang and the Dora over the Caucasus. Not much content to play with, but I knew there was no way back for me. After this level of realism, nothing else felt right anymore. Since then, DCS WWII has come a long way, and there is so much more in the pipeline. All this combined with the infinite possibilities provided by the mission editor, DCS WWII has made my warbird related childhood dreams come true, and more. Thank you devs, and I’m looking forward to the new stuff to be released.

S!

Yes! this^^, I started DCS back when the TF-51 came out. it was version 1.2. I played aces hi, and wow, the TF-51, it was so advanced, with the clickable cockpit, even with no weapons, I was hooked on day 1. Then I got the P-51, and the learning started, Flaming cliffs, Ka-50, and P-51 was it, (Su-25 and Su-25T are still a Beast) wow times have changed, Dora and 109 were in beta, then Huey, M-2000, Mi-8. and this was all single player, I had yet to try multi player... then I learned to fly Helicopters, and the MiG-21.... the world changed again. then multiplayer, and I have met many good people I would call a friend, from many different Countries and Cultures. Then Viggen and Vegas and Normandy and the whole switch from 1,2 to 1.5 and 2.0 and 2.1... I'm getting a headache just thinking of it... Then Farmer and Harrier, and I cant list them all, F-14,18, 16.... It just keeps getting better and better. We've come a long way, and there is more in front of us than behind us. My job has kept me from flying much online for the past few weeks, but I tried a couple of missions offline and the new combat AI seem much better... Edit.. how could forget A-10C.. BRRRRITTT

Edited by Andy1966

We are Virtual Pilots, a growing International Squad of pilots, we fly Allies in WWII and Red Force in Korea and Modern combat. We are recruiting like minded people of all Nationalities and skill levels.

http://virtual-pilots.com/

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 months later...

just listen to the new merlin sounds while looking at the sun reflect off your perfectly rendered spitfire wing at 24000ft and tell me that this isn't the closest you can get to flying a warbird in real life

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5