AJS37 cockpit build

outbaxx

Love this! Where on earth did you get/manufacture the throttle assy?? I've seen some guys online doing the panels which I've got on order but not seen anywhere for the throttle!

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

Love this! Where on earth did you get/manufacture the throttle assy?? I've seen some guys online doing the panels which I've got on order but not seen anywhere for the throttle!

I made it myself, I’ve built everything to be as close to the real one as possible, correct sizes of nuts and bolts etc. I made the push buttons so there is a distinct click and I’ve made detents for the AB stages and ground/flight idle ( made them inside the throttle body as I didn’t want to design the gear lever assembly yet).

It’s yet a prototype and I have just the throttle axis installed for now, using a TLE5010 and mmjoy2.

• Like 3

That's amazing work. I'm making a few Viggen panels myself, but most of mine are " in the style of " rather than accurate representations. That's for reasons of space and convenience.

Long term I want to build an accurate Viggen cockpit and I've managed to gain access to a Viggen so that I can photograph and document everything that would be needed for a build. It hasn't happened yet, for logistic reasons, but I'll share everything I find out.

---------------------------------------------------------

PC specs:- Intel 386DX, 2mb memory, onboard graphics, 14" 640x480 monitor

Modules owned:- Bachem Natter, Cessna 150, Project Pluto, Sopwith Snipe

Wow. Progress looks great! Bravo.

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

Very nice job!!! May I ask, how can you find all the dimensions you need? I've read about some guys that can occasionally have access to a real Viggen and measure whatever they want. But what about us, that can't have access to a real one?

See my earlier post, I've got my access to the Viggen approved, I just need to make it all happen. I'll post any dimensions and photo's I can manage in however long I get access for.

• 3 weeks later...

Testing the afterburner zones and idle

That is superb work, well done.

If I understood the video correctly, the throttle has to be rocked to leave military power and enter reheat. Then the second and third reheat zones are just click detents ?

AJS37 cockpit build

That is superb work, well done.

If I understood the video correctly, the throttle has to be rocked to leave military power and enter reheat. Then the second and third reheat zones are just click detents ?

Thanks!

Yes, the guidance rail looks like something like this from above( the lines connected):

|_

..|

So you need to press the throttle left/out to be able to get to afterburner.

There are click detents for AB zone 1-3 and a click detent for ground/flight idle.

There is a stop after the idle detent, you have to lift the stop pin to get over that one and that shuts down the engine.

The physical stop etc work but I haven’t got the function in the sim yet, trying not to use a physical button, but I haven’t figured out how yet :)

• Like 1

I found out what sort of readout the CK-37 uses - it's an IEE Rear projection display.

If that's any help :)

I am going to try and either make one or find some of them from...somewhere...

It seems they were still in production up to the 1990's so they can't be too hard to find. I hope...

I am going to try and either make one or find some of them from...somewhere...

It seems they were still in production up to the 1990's so they can't be too hard to find. I hope...

Search for In Line Read Out Display and you’ll find some on eBay, but there are several sizes and the microfilm might have different symbols than numbers and so on...

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
http://

Testing the afterburner zones and idle

Wow mean. Just wow. Very nice job on that throttle.w Do you have any plans on sharing your schematics or workflow or something for that? (If I ever got my thumbs out of my but to make something like this).

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

Wow mean. Just wow. Very nice job on that throttle.w Do you have any plans on sharing your schematics or workflow or something for that? (If I ever got my thumbs out of my but to make something like this).

Thanks, it’s some work left before it’s really finished, adjustment of the AB zones and the buttons need some tuning. Started to work on it over 3 years ago but have no plans other than ever finish it :)

The CK-37 Datapanel is slowly coming together:

It’s never too late to give up

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...