Mission: Respawnable Multiplayer Shooting Range

There's a test 4.0 version on the first post, featuring a first pass at the new BVR range (and menus done by script instead of trigger/flag, too). Not done yet, available enemy types are limited, plays poorly with the old-style ranges still present, etc. Available foes are C-130 (unarmed fun), F-4 (old-timey but dangerous), and F-16 (new-timey and definitely dangerous). I think I left the Mustang menu option in, but it doesn't yet work, because I haven't decided where I'm going to put the WWII/Korea spawns yet. (Probably north a ways.)

I'm not going to be doing much in the way of enhancements beyond the BVR range for a little while, in favor of moving all the current content over to the (much more reliable, versatile, and user-friendly) scripted system.

Black Shark, Harrier, and Hornet pilot

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

I'm not going to be doing much in the way of enhancements beyond the BVR range for a little while, in favor of moving all the current content over to the (much more reliable, versatile, and user-friendly) scripted system.

That's cool. My group are going to be learning the ropes with the SU-25T for some time, so there's probably not much else we need anyway and once we get competent with that and feel ready to move on, the BVR range will be a great next step. :thumbup:

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

• 2 weeks later...
A new update appears! The BVR range is fully functional, mostly, so v4.1 is not primarily a testing release.

Thanks. I was getting bored of the SU-25T, so it will be nice to have something to practice with the F15-C. :thumbup:

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Not a lot of good competition for modern fighters yet, but you have Vipers if you're feeling up to going toe-to-toe with AMRAAMs, and Tigers and Phantoms for fights you can win more easily. :P

Many Words - Serial Fiction | Ka-50 Employment Guide | Ka-50 Avionics Cheat Sheet | Multiplayer Shooting Range Mission

• 9 months later...

I'm on a bit of a DCS kick right now, so as I'm powering through more sections in my Ka-50 guide, I'm also working on this a little bit. In the next few weeks, I'll have a version 5.0 available, which, at minimum, will restore the friendly tankers spawns and complete the move to script-based spawns. (The latter gives me a lot more latitude to do complicated things, a la the current BVR range.) If I'm feeling ambitious, I might work on the COIN range, too—decide how I want to do it (with a random selection from a few spawn points and a few paths through a town, maybe).

• 2 months later...

Now that 1.5 is almost here, I'll be releasing v5.0 for it, instead of for legacy DCS. (The work is about 90% done—we've moved to script-based spawning for everything—and I can probably pound out the rest this weekend.)

If anyone wants to donate the NTTR map, I'll happily port it, too, for some Groom Lake action. (I spent my gaming budget this month on the Battletech Kickstarter. <.<)

• 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...

Great news, Fishbreath!

I had a (very) minor role in tweaking the APEX mission, so I would like to share some recommendations for you. These should be very minor tweaks, and I have included them in the enclosed miz.

• For Tomcats, add an AWACS with the EPLRS flag enabled so the Link 4 will work properly. I dropped an E-2D in the mission, but you may wish to tie it to your dynamic script instead.
  • I added the stored heading to the Tomcats to reduce the INS alignment time.
  • Tomcats also have specialty waypoints that are inserted much like target waypoints in the Ka-50. For demonstration, I have added the Hostile Area (HA) around the eastern-most bandit spawn zone, Surface Target (ST) to the abandoned Kobuleti airfield, and a visual Fix Point (FP) to a rail bridge on the Enguri river.
  • I added the AV-8B and AJS-37 as well.
  • For the AJS-37, I added two waypoints for nav updates. These are similar to the fix points in the Tomcat, but they are entered as standard waypoints and just have a text description. The first waypoint is the same rail bridge for a visual fix, and the following waypoint is a radar fix point at the eastern tip of the island at the Enguri River delta. These help with tightening the navigation solution in the Viggen, which is often necessary because it's a Doppler system.

Additionally, it looks like the airfield assignments have conflicts at Senaki-Kolkhi. I think this is just the renumbering of parking spots with 2.5. I didn't change these, but wanted to bring it to your attention.

Again, glad to see this great mission getting a new lease on life, along with the ability to export the framework to other theaters!

Super Multiplayer Range Blue v6.0a Unbranded.miz

Edited by Home Fries

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
Nearly three years after the last release, there's a new one up in the first post.

Fantastic! Love this mission, by far the best ready to go MP mission out there! Done some minor editing and are using this as our go to mp mission.

Supercarrier | Flaming Cliffs 3 | M-2000C | AJS-37 Viggen| MIG-21Bis | L-39 Albatros | Yak-52 | Spitfire LF MK IX | Mig-15Bis | Mig-19P Farmer | P-51D Mustang | F/A-18 | F-14 | F-5E Tiger II | C-101 Aviojet | I-16 | UH-1H Huey | Mil MI-8tv2 | Sa 342M Gazelle | Combined Arms | NS-430 Navigation System | NEVADA | Persian Gulf | Normandy1944 | World war II assets pack | Black Shark 2 | F-5E Agressors ACM campaign |F-5E Agressors BFM Campaign | L-39 Albatros Kursant Campaign | DCS:Syria