DCS standalone server: How to hide the GUI/Spalshscreen?

Hi, probably a noob question.

Hi have configured a standalone server and all work perfectly. I have only one little problem, when I start the server a spalsh screen with the DCS logo appear and I can't close or minimize it because there aren't any button on the window's top right corner.

Is associated to the DCS main executable and the only possibility to get rid of it is closing the server...

Forgive my bad English.

Thx.

eiJMlye.jpg

Edited by Hunter Joker

Hi, probably a noob question.

Hi have configured a standalone server and all work perfectly. I have only one little problem, when I start the server a spalsh screen with the DCS logo appear and I can't close or minimize it because there aren't any button on the window's top right corner.

Is associated to the DCS main executable and the only possibility to get rid of it is closing the server...

Forgive my bad English.

Thx.

eiJMlye.jpg

I think your server running it's no render mode

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233486

Ryzen 9 5900x | 32GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | 32GB RAM 

• ED Team

Hi,

I don't think it is possible, but I will try and find out.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Until ED allows us to via DCS's own options run it as a system service you have the option to add it manually as one using the sc-command or use something like FireDaemon.

I haven't tested it myself but since it's a rather straight forward command line execution starting a DS I can't see any glaringly obvious reasons it shouldn't work :)

• ED Team

We have feature requested being able to hide the window or minimise to task bar.

I can not say if and when this will happen, when we know more we will let you all know.

thanks

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We have feature requested being able to hide the window or minimise to task bar.

I can not say if and when this will happen, when we know more we will let you all know.

thanks

Rather than having a somewhat useless splash screen taking up desktop space, I wish ED could add some useful information to it. Like a "heartbeat" or status indicator to indicate all is well and it listed on the master, time in current mission and number of logged in users.

But as my grandma used to tell me "wish in one hand and spit in the other and see which gets full the fastest." ;-) ;-) ;-)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TWC_Alamo

Denver, CO

Military Flight Sim

I7-7700K, 4.9 GHz, Z270-Gaming MB, 16GB, 512GB EVO-960 NVMe M.2, 512GB WD Black NVMe M.2, 1 TB SSD Raid, EVGA RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey Plus, TM HOTAS/MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Gametrix 908 JetSeat

GA Flight Sim

I7-5820K, 4.2Ghz, Godlike Carbon MB, 16GB, 512 GB EVO 960 NVME M.2, 2 X SSD, EVGA 1080ti, HTC Vive, 3 X 4K 55" TVs, 4 X 27" Monitors, CH: Flight Yoke, Throttle Quadrant, Rudder Pedals