Removed

CptSmiley

Im in my office so i dont have access to any LUAs...

I know SFM has Coordinates for Gear Down Positions.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

in times like these I open the AFM DLL for the SU25 in a hex editor and scroll through it

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

well, technically we were just looking for examples of the calls.... but i can see the grey area...

But an answer from ED or someone with the DOCs wuld be benificial.

once we get 3rd party status it's like opening the stargate,.... millions of worlds to explore...

You realize that constitutes reverse engineering of a copyrighted product??

This is allowed in most countries. Reverse engineering for compatibility using public interfaces is generally upheld by most courts. Copying is not.

There is no restriction on looking at public interfaces (eg DLL entry points). You cannot re-use the DLL implementation parts as they are private to ED (and you probably need to sign the NDA for those).

I'm not a lawyer but this is my understanding (and seems to be borne out by previous cases). Of course, it is probably better to sign the NDA and get support directly from ED, but there is no legal restriction that I know of on looking at the public entry points of a DLL.

I hope that helps get that model gear state problem solved.

I've asked multiple times who I can ask these questions to, with no response, I may have to wait until others venture into this area with better success.

That would be Matt Wagner (Wags) or Jim Mackonochie (JimMack), regarding 3rd party dev status. They won't give you tech support, though.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Smiley, may be I wrong, but probably you need to use ed_fm_set_draw_args function?

In default template there is working 28 and 29 arguments for forsage animation connected to throttle position. You need look for gear arg number and connect it to gear lever.

I cant test it cause my model is not animated yet.

Edited by BR=55=Sevas

We had the same issues as well with our FM, visually we can extend and retract the gear with no problem, but there is no interaction with the ground collision-wise or handling-wise. Not sure if it's implemented yet.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

You realize that constitutes reverse engineering of a copyrighted product??

DLL exports are public stuff. Always was. You don't need hex editor to see exported functions, you can do this with a Notepad. I fail to see how this is different from looking at a LUA file.

The problem is that neither P-51 or A10C or any other ED product is using wHumanCustomPhysicsAPI.h interface (they have their own base EagleFM API). This is a new thing they rolled for third-parties and it is far from being complete (I imagine we will get expanded API in later DCS World updates).

Edited by Simas

The problem is that neither P-51 or A10C or any other ED product is using wHumanCustomPhysicsAPI.h interface (they have their own base EagleFM API). This is a new thing they rolled for third-parties and it is far from being complete (I imagine we will get expanded API in later DCS World updates).

That is, so far, the plan.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

• 2 weeks later...

LoGetMechInfo is deprecated. You now have get_base_data() to fulfill that purpose in lua, which can do many of those things. (example, getRightMainLandingGearDown. See the bottom of the test aircraft's mainpanel_init.lua.)

I have not delved into EFMs yet, but I'm pretty sure the game changes when you move away from SFMs. (And even this method does not work in SFM, as of 1.2.2.) However, presently I set gear position up or down using the many arguments as seen at the bottom of Export.lua, combined with dispatch_action(). (Example: dispatch_action(nil,147))

Again, this won't solve your problem. Something is different in 1.2.2, and I'm hoping it's the result of a solution not yet revealed! :)

• 5 years later...
  • CptSmiley changed the title to Removed