Gunfighter Pro cam/spring query?

dburne

Hey guys,

New user of the Gunfighter Pro w/extension.

Just got everything set up and running today - very nice gimbal, looking forward to getting some flight time in with it! It is certainly very smooth and very precise.

Curious as to how others using the extension have set theirs up?

I installed the #50 springs, with the already installed #10 cams. I understand the #10 to be the soft center cams. I backed out the friction plates adjustments where there is no friction really being applied to start out with.

I am finding the setup to be much looser than my Virpil setup with soft springs and soft center cams. Almost feels like there is no center. So if I wanted to tighten it up a little, what would be best option? Add another set a springs to the #50, like the #20? Or maybe tighten the friction plate some? Or maybe install the #30 cams? I am just thinking I would like a little more definition of the center - not a lot, and maybe just a little more resistance in the axis movement - and again not a lot there either.

Much thanks for any tips,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I use the light springs but also like some center definition. Found the 10cam too vague at center. Am using 30s but wish there were 20 as that's the feel I'd really like.

Was going to order some but learned they don't make 20 cams which is a shame.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

3570K w/ 16GB, 1070 w/ 8GB @ 1440p, VKB Gunfighter/MCG-Pro & T-Rudder Mk.IV, CH ProThrottle, TrackIR 5, HTC Vive, UniversRadio, VoiceAttack, TacView Pro, DCS Menu Nav

F/A-18C, F-5E, F-86F, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, Ka-50, SA342, P-51D, Spitfire Mk.IX, Bf109, Fw190, FC3, CA, Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy, WW2 Assets

I use the light springs but also like some center definition. Found the 10cam too vague at center. Am using 30s but wish there were 20 as that's the feel I'd really like.

Was going to order some but learned they don't make 20 cams which is a shame.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

I agree I would love to have a set of 20s but I don't think they will ever produce them, but they would be the ideal cam.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.