Still a very dark cockpit

Fred00

I recently went back to the M-2000C and realized right away that the cockpit is still too dark. Why is that? The F-18C looks perfectly well lit, as does Razbams own Harrier. It seems the Mirage needs a bit of tweaking, and hopefully it's done soon. What is your opinion?

Comparing human vision acuity with a camera is like comparing bananas to a monkey. I also use high gamma just with the Mirage. In VR the switches are unreadable, sometimes even with full zoom. Took me a year to notice the yellow symbol uder the keys on armament panel was actually an “s”. I go from 1.4 to 2.1 gamma and console lights on during daylight.

Comparing a photograph to the game is pointless. A camera is very easily fooled. Just try to take a photo against the light and watch how everything turns dark in the photo.

The fact is that the Mirage is way darker than most other modules. The only way to get around it is to increase the gamma setting, but then everything outside the cockpit becomes washed out.

Labels in the Mirage are not easy to read even if the cockpit was better lit, but the excessive darkness makes it even worse.

Yes, that’s because no camera sensor has as much dynamic range than the eye.

But it gives an idea of the where are the shadows.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

I agree that the Mirage is darker and harder to read than any other module. But looking at that picture, it is also authentic.

I wouldn't mind a cockpit livery mod that has more legible fonts for the button and knob labels tho. Very hard to make out wether the radio is in P, M or A mode. Let alone the IFF selector.

I5 9600KF, 32GB, 3080ti, G2, PointCTRL