Hornet + HOTAS Bundle

ED didn't tease the Hornet stick during E3. Thrustmaster teased it and no one has heard a peep about it since.

^ This...which really sucks because I am planning to buy the VKB Gunfighter Pro w/ extension and throw the Hornet grip on it...but I am (now impatiently) waiting for Thrustmaster to move and say something about the grip, so I can order the base. Their silence is, at this point, starting to get slightly concerning.

But this has nothing to with ED, they're delivering on their glorious part of the bargain.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

FYI a quote form their website:

Lausanne, Switzerland, May 29th, 2017 - DCS: F/A-18C Hornet to be unveiled at E3 2017!

[...]

Matt Wagner, states, “We are happy to announce the cooperation between Eagle Dynamics SA and Thrustmaster®

[...]

we are proud to start a new collaboration on the DCS: F/A-18C Hornet",

says Gilles Raulet, Thrustmaster Development Director.

But Pre-Purchase of the Hornet was just announced today, so there are still a few weeks for Thrustmaster to announce their product... ;)

Edited by mig29movt
clarification

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

FYI a quote form their website:

But Pre-Purchase of the Hornet was just announced today, so there are still a few weeks for them to announce their product... ;)

And all ED employees have since said "You will have to ask Thrustmaster for release infomation on their product", which makes sense IMO. It's not really ED's place to be commenting on TM's product launch.

Think of it this way: Should Thrustmaster have handled ED's announcement of the Hornet in DCS? No. Similarly, ED wouldn't be handling Thrustmasters, regardless of their collaboration.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

And all ED employees have since said "You will have to ask Thrustmaster for release infomation on their product", which makes sense IMO. It's not really ED's place to be commenting on TM's product launch.

Think of it this way: Should Thrustmaster have handled ED's announcement of the Hornet in DCS? No. Similarly, ED wouldn't be handling Thrustmasters, regardless of their collaboration.

I absolutely agree with you, that's what I meant as well. I've edited my post to make it clear :thumbup:

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] Waiting to build a F/A-18C home-pit...

ex - Swiss Air Force Pilatus PC-21 Ground Crew

SFM? AFM? EFM?? What's this?

i7-5960X (8 core @3.00GHz)¦32GB DDR4 RAM¦Asus X99-WS/IPMI¦2x GTX970 4GB SLI¦Samsung 850 PRO 512GB SSD¦TrackIR 5 Pro¦TM Warthog¦MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals

This AM I inquired directly to Thrustmaster on their website regarding their plans to market a F/A-18 specific HOTAS (similar to Warthog). Will report if they respond.

Clevo laptop: P650HS-G, i7-7820HK 3.9Hz max (+overclock capable), Liquid Metal pasted, 16GB DDR4/2400MHz, 15.6 G-Sync 120Hz 5ms panel, nVidia GTX 1070 w/8GDDR5, 10Pro

Installed: DCS World, DCS World 2 with Nevada, F-5; Purchased: F/A-18C

Apparently people have tried to get information out of Thrustmaster..no luck.

Indeed, that is what has concerned me a bit as well. I'll probably hold strong a bit longer and then give up (if they give no comment) and order the MCG Pro instead.

I just really wanted the actual grip for my Hornet and Harrier flying to be as immersive as possible :helpsmilie:

VR Cockpit (link):

VR Rig:

I honestly wouldnt expect any bundle, until the Hornet is out of Early Access, and fully featured.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

I honestly wouldnt expect any bundle, until the Hornet is out of Early Access, and fully featured.

That's a pretty realistic prediction, but unfortunately a pretty crappy situation for us waiting for this since it may take months/years for it to do so (as if we haven't waited long enough), kind of like the Mi-8 beta.

Edited by terminator363

Happy Bug Hunting!

IMO Thrustmaster has the worst Customer service I have ever dealt with. I have been trying to get one sensor for my joystick that went out on me about 1 month ago...I have 13 emails that I sent them , they respond back with computer generated emails, and they have yet to send me the sensor. I've been begging them to give me they're address to send them the money and still nothing.