[SOLVED]AV-8B kneeboard on external monitor

rangerobert

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, so I wouldn't post something already known, but I didn't find anything related. I successfully exported Left and Right MPCDs on a second monitor and eveything is ok to me. I've been surprised to find the kneeboard too on the external display, exactly at the rightmost and lowest corner of the "composite" screen. I wonder whether it would be possible to decide position and size of the kneeboard on an external monitor, as we do with MPCDs.

Thx a lot

rob

Edited by rangerobert
solution found ...

Hi everyone,

I'm new here, so I wouldn't post something already known, but I didn't find anything related. I successfully exported Left and Right MPCDs on a second monitor and eveything is ok to me. I've been surprised to find the kneeboard too on the external display, exactly at the rightmost and lowest corner of the "composite" screen. I wonder whether it would be possible to decide position and size of the kneeboard on an external monitor, as we do with MPCDs.

Thx a lot

rob

Hello so I moved and resized the Kneeboard manually before by following this post.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2203108&postcount=2

by AlaskanGrizzly. The problem I had was its a protected file so every update it reverts back to original state. The second thing is it cause you to fail integrity check in protected multiplayer servers. So the last time I manually moved it was Oct 2016. Not for sure of current update if it still manually movable.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The easiest way to fix this (and it is a pita for multi-screen) is to use KneeboardBuilder. At it's simplest, it lets you set the position of the kneeboard ...

Thx for the answers. You say that it's a pita for multi-screen. Exactly my case. Do you mean that this sw is able to change the position and size of the kneeboard even in a multi-screen situation, i.e. out of the "camera" view area?

Yes, you can place it anywhere within the total screen area as defined in the DCS GUI, not just the "camera" viewport.

If you use the manual method by editing ViewportHandling.lua, you need to add the following at the very top of the file as suggested in the link above:-

local kneeY = 800

local kneeX = 550

local kneePosY = 270

local kneePosX = 560

NOTE: adjust size and postion to suit.

But not mentioned there, that you also have to do the following too. Don't use the lua file in that post, it is very out of date.

REPLACE:

dedicated_viewport = {default_x,default_y,default_width,default_height}

WITH:

dedicated_viewport = {kneePosX,kneePosY,kneeX,kneeY}

If you use Kneeboardbuilder, it creates dedicated kneeboard folders in saved games for each aircraft, and modifies the luas in your DCS folder to use them.

• Like 2

[sOLVED] AV-8B kneeboard on external monitor

Yes, you can place it anywhere within the total screen area as defined in the DCS GUI, not just the "camera" viewport.

EXCELLENT!, my friend. That was the piece of info I just needed. Now it's all set: the two MPCDs AND the kneeboard on an external monitor, and with the kneeboard located exactly where I wanted.

Thx a lot

rob