Custom sound A playing stop custom sound B

Frag

Hi guys,

I wish I am missing something since it is the first thing that really killed my buzz while writing a custom mission.

It seems like that if you start a custom sound thru a trigger in editor ...then a second trigger starting a second sound (while the first sound is still playing) will simply kill the first one. Meaning we cannot have two sound files playing simultaneously.

Is there a way around this or it is a known limitation?

That is a really rough thing ... let say you are listening to a voice over (custom sound) than a small alarm beep is called (another custom sound) ... then the voice is cut.

... or you have a song starting for a scene ...then a custom voice over sound cut the music.

Anything can be done here? I am using a lot of medias in my mission for immersion with all the games I create missions for ... and that would be a very bad news if it's the case :(

I tested this with both the standard editor and moose. Both behave the same way ...sound 2 always kill sound 1.

Edited by Frag

Radio transmissions can play over sound triggers in the event you need something like an air raid siren; I've cheated this a couple of times myself. The obvious drawback is that if a client is not tuned to the correct frequency they will not hear the transmission.

If it's something that occurs at a scripted time in the dialogue, just mix the sounds yourself using an audio editor such as the free Audacity.

What exactly are you trying to do?

I am mostly building dynamic mission that operate with MOOSE and custom code. So let's say a beep occurs when you are reaching an altitude too high (check by a scheduler), it could happen while you have a voice over ... than the sound is cut.

I will open a bug for this at DCS. This really kill immersion.

In the meanwhile, I will use your workaround, which I could live with for some time...

Thanks for the reply feefifofum

I've used the awesome SQS script to get around this issue with my Red Flag, Vulcan Forge and Eastern Friendship campaigns..... It puts the sounds into a queue that will play them only after the previous sound has played through its entirety...

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3063933

This is indeed a nice workaround, I will check it out!