Mustang seems now too easy to me !

CHDT

Hi all,

Since the last update, it seems to me that the Mustang has become really easy to fly, especially when starting.

I can't feel any more the torque as it was before the update. In fact, no need to trim the aircraft, full throttle and it is in the air, without any care to take ! I can't have become that good, especially as I had not played the game for two months.

Before, I crashed the Mustang a lot of times, before being simply able to get the aircraft in the air properly.

I precise that my game settings are "full simulation", with no "rudder aid" for the Mustang.

To say the truth, it seems to me that those aids are working, even if they are not selected in the game settings !

I must say I loved the Mustang as it was before, because it was the first time in a sim I had the feeling of flying a real WWII aircraft with lots of power. Now, the Mustang looks like it lost all of its character !

Any idea ?

Have I forgotten something in the game setup ?

Edited by CHDT

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope it's not the case !

Because it was so interesting to fly with the Mustang before the update, especially at the start with the torque which had to be controlled carefully with the throttle, stick and the trims, like in a real Mustang.

Now directly full throttle, no adjusted trims needed and the aircraft is in the air, like on rails.

In fact, the Mustang flies now like any other aircraft of those candy games made for kids.

If this is an "editorial choice", this is a serious dumbing down of the sim, which means "no more money from me", as I'm not interested in an easy game.

So, I still hope it's some kind of bug or some problems with my own setup.

Is there any official word on the subject ?

Because no more torque in a serious sim, this is quite an important change !

I was about to buy for the Mustang a high end rudder pedal system, it's no more needed for the moment :-(

Bah. I just tried the Stang in v1.5.2, and there's absolutely _no_ change to how it has always behaved. I actually screwed up the TO since I haven't flown it in ages, because the torque flipped me upside down! So nope, no changes whatsoever if you ask me.

Check if you've got your takeoff assists on or something.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Ok, so there's a problem in my setup.

But I can confirm that, I'm in full sim mode, without any assistance.

And there's almost no torque and the aircraft is so easy to fly !

Is there perhaps a config file which was set to "assistance" by the update and which is now "read only" because of some Windows trouble ?

Which files should I verify ?

Perhaps you have just finally got over the steep learning curve. No matter how hard to handle I have first found different aircraft, in various simulators, I always get to the point were I can manage them almost without concern because I have skilled-up on them. However, as soon as I fly with a rookie to teach them 'the ropes' I am reminded how far I have come and how much I take it for granted. Also, the small improvements that I seem to continuously make to my rig set-up and associated peripherals tend to incrementally improve my performance over time.

If anything, because I had not flown the Mustang for a while whilst waiting for the 1.5 public release, I have found it harder to fly in combat against AI and human pilots. I never found much difficulty in handling the P51 on the ground or for take off and landing from day one. I suspect this was because when I first started in DCS, with the Mustang, I had learnt a lot flying the BoS Lagg 3 and FW; try to taxi and land them (on an icy runway) and you will soon find out why everything else is easy, LOL.

Happy landings,

Talisman

Bell_UH-1 side.png

Talisman, impossible, I cannot be that good :-)

No, there's a problem, either with my config files or it's something else.

To the old simmers, now at start the DCS Mustang flies almost like the IL2 P-39, when it was broken after some patch.

Ewertsp, I agree with you, no noticable differences in flight, but a drastic difference at take-off regarding the torque.

I noticed also another thing.

At the parking, when the brakes are on, the aircraft is much less nervous than before the patch, when one push the throttle. The tail get up less violently and with much more power needed to get an effect.

It looks like things have been "smoothed".

Also before the patch, when the aircraft began to suffer dangerously from the torque, you were almost kaputt in any case. Now, every mistake is very easy to control and never fatal.

I just hope I've some problem with my install files !!!

A friend has recently started to use some modules in DCS 1.5.2 and 2.0.

He has been using it on the very same version of the sim, but his progress, from the first time he tried to take off in the Dora or 109, until now, has been such that I am sure he could be tempted to say that, in between, a patch severely changed the flight dynamics...

I took a hiatus of more than3 weeks "flying" the Dora and, the first time I picked it again for a dogfight, I crashed on takeoff twice!...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I found the WW2 fighters much easier to handle vs 1.2.16, but as far as I could tell this is a result of the much higher framerate of 1.5. Less input delay = less overcompensation = better control. (60 fps = 16.7ms between frames while 120fps = 8.3ms) I have not noticed any flight model change on my end. I use the exact same technique, manifold pressure, RPM and trim for takeoff as I always have done. It just feels so much smoother, and therefore more natural.

• ED Team
I found the WW2 fighters much easier to handle vs 1.2.16, but as far as I could tell this is a result of the much higher framerate of 1.5. Less input delay = less overcompensation = better control. (60 fps = 16.7ms between frames while 120fps = 8.3ms) I have not noticed any flight model change on my end. I use the exact same technique, manifold pressure, RPM and trim for takeoff as I always have done. It just feels so much smoother, and therefore more natural.

Actually I did forget about that, when we first started to get a tuned 2.0 on the internal versions, I did notice this as well, that smoother graphics seemed to change the feel somewhat... so that is possible as well.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

I agree, I am much better shot since 1.5 because earlier I had an old PC and 15-20fps and now 60fps gave me much better reaction times.:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Surely that !

Smoother / faster FDM cycles make the whole experience a lot more stable and realistic. This was also very true about X-Plane 10, for example... whenI got a new graphics board to run it and started experiencing 30+ fps at higher settings...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

. I suspect this was because when I first started in DCS, with the Mustang, I had learnt a lot flying the BoS Lagg 3 and FW; try to taxi and land them (on an icy runway) and you will soon find out why everything else is easy, LOL.

Happy landings,

Talisman

that on made me laugh a lot

:megalol: I did the same cursus as you.

with those "spring" gear bouce, and final spin before end of landing course :megalol:

so much time tried to perform a "good" landing on the marvelous warbird lagg-3 ...

and finally ... discovered the DCS more realistic world ;-) lol.

so unrealistic that you had to cheat and land with no flap to avoid the bouce ;-)

unfact I would love a lagg-3 in DCS world as I really enjoy that one.

i7-10700KF CPU  3.80GHz - 32 GO Ram - - nVidia RTX 2070 -  SSD Samsung EVO with LG  TV screen 40"  in 3840x2150 -  cockpit scale 1:1

- MS FFB2 Joystick  - COUGAR F16 throttle  - Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals

That was my first thought when started testing 1.5. The huey felt amazing too, easier take off's and landings, more controllable hovering. I think the core of the game is executing faster in general, reducing delays all around and as a result, increasing fps. On 1.2 I had good fps too but not the same controlability. If we are correct on these assumptions, it's great to see how dcs is coming along... yay!

Edited by Ewertsp