Guided bomblets for russian planes - ED Forums

Notices

Old 02-18-2020, 10:30 PM   #1
ResonantCard1

Default Guided bomblets for russian planes

Hi, recently I learnt about the russian/soviet SPBE munitions, developped during the 80s and launched from RBK-500 cluster bombs. They are IR-guided bomblets like the ones on the CBU-97. Seeing that the US planes have access to that kind of munitions, would it be possible to give the russian planes, like the Su-25T, access to the SPBE munitions too?

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
ResonantCard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2020, 08:55 AM   #2
ResonantCard1

Also, now that the Hornet is going to get the Mk.77, could the other planes get similar weapons too? The Su-27 can carry the ZB-500 incendiary bomb, which should be similar. I guess the Su-25 must be able to carry them too.

Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum
ResonantCard1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 09:03 AM   #3
Kazansky222

I've often hoped for this also, using the unguided RBK500 is not the easiest thing in the world to do, especially against targets with shorads/manpads ect.. around them.

I'd be happy to be able to CCRP a SPBE RBK500 from a Mig-29

64th "Scorpions" Aggressor Squadron
Discord: 64th Aggressor Squadron
TS: 195.201.110.22
Kazansky222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2020, 05:39 PM   #4
DarkFire
DCS Ground Crew

There's also the KAB-xxxxS and -SE GLONASS guided variants. I'd imagine the difficulties are answering questions such as:

1. Are these weapons pre-targeted only are they capable of dynamic targeting during a mission?
2. What are the relevant aircraft systems and is there enough information to accurately model them?
3. Do or can any of the player-flyable aircraft currently in DCS use those munitions?

In the case of the IR guided RBK submunitions I'm imagine that we could potentially have those, but with any more advanced systems, possibly not.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM.
DarkFire is offline   Reply With Quote