Next HB aircraft module (corrected list)

Leviathan667

Next HB aircraft module (corrected list)  

460 members have voted

1. 1. Next HB aircraft module (corrected list)

• Blackburn Buccaneer
    • English Electric Lightning
    • Gloster Javelin (not sure it is a complex aircraft)
    • Panavia Tornado
    • SEPECAT Jaguar (not sure it is a complex aircraft)
    • Grumman A-6
    • General Dynamics F-111
    • Lockheed F-117 (nobody ever mentions this one)
    • Sukhoi Su-24 (not sure it is a complex aircraft)
    • Mikoyan Gurevich MiG-27 (not sure it is a complex aircraft)

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

COBRA said, and do not change that the new module has all the technologies developed by HB. Wings of variable geometry in that list I only see one. With revers thrust I only see one. The best thing is that that one is the same in both cases. In addition to the ground air radar but that has several. And a double seat. The name TORNADO. A6 is for IA.

"The Intruder is an aircraft that has been under active development at Heatblur Simulations for some time, and subject to a license agreement, we hope to eventually introduce it into DCS world as a full, playable module - and we are developing it with this intent in mind."

literal quote from HB. It's a complicated twin engined, dual seat aircraft. Fits perfectly together with the Tomcat and the Forrestal class Aircraft Carrier

Edited by alexkon3

I'd like to see the Tornado most of all, but my spidey senses are telling me that it's most likely an Intruder since it would dovetail nicely with their aircraft carrier.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Can't pretend fly as well as you can.

Variable sweep wings, twin engine, multicrew... Anyone for the Tu-22M ?

Intel 9900KF @ 5.1GHz / RTX 2080S OC @ 1.93GHz / ASUS Prime Z390-A / 2x16Gb DDR4 @ 3333 CL16 / Corsair TX850M / Samsung NVME 970 EVO+ / TM warthog Thr. / VKB Gunfighter mkIII + MCG / MFG Crosswind mk3 / Valve Index

"The Intruder is an aircraft that has been under active development at Heatblur Simulations for some time, and subject to a license agreement, we hope to eventually introduce it into DCS world as a full, playable module - and we are developing it with this intent in mind."

literal quote from HB. It's a complicated twin engined, dual seat aircraft. Fits perfectly together with the Tomcat and the Forrestal class Aircraft Carrier

This.

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.

This is honestly the worse time to open a poll since with the current release of the unknown Supercarrier module, everyone will vote for naval jets. I personally do not want another naval jet but something from another nation other than USA.

Current Hangar : A-10C II ¦ AJS-37 ¦ A/V-8B ¦ F-14A/B ¦ F/A-18C ¦ FC3 ¦ JF-17 ¦ Ka-50 III ¦ Mi-8 ¦ M2000-C ¦ SA342 ¦ UH-1H

Other Modules : Combined Arms ¦ Persian Gulf

TRAINED - LEARNING - LOW EXPERIENCE - ABANDONED

This is honestly the worse time to open a poll since with the current release of the unknown Supercarrier module, everyone will vote for naval jets. I personally do not want another naval jet but something from another nation other than USA.

For me the A-6 is a module i would like to have yesterday instead of tomorrow :D

But after the A-6 i share your statement 100%, i would prefere some EU and RUSSIAN planes.

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

I don't really know how the process works, but I suppose it's possible that Heatblur got some kind of "package deal" with whomever holds the licensing rights since both aircraft were made by Grumman.

An F-14 A&B, AND an Intruder, AND a Forrestal class carrier is huge. Hell, that's a game all by itself.

Edited by Nexus-6

Tornado DLC with both version (IDS and ADV) =)

Мой youtube канал Группа в VK 

IBM x3200 Tower, i7 9700k, Asus Z390-P, HyperX Fury DDR4 2x16Gb 3466 Mhz, HyperX Savage 480Gb SSD, Asus RTX3070 Dual OC 8G, 32" Asus PG329Q, Creative Sound Blaster AE-5, HyperX Cloud Alpha + Pulsefire FPS Pro + Alloy FPS brown, Track IR 4 PRO + Clip Pro, Warhog HOTAS + CH Pro Pedal + есть руль Logitech G25

This is honestly the worse time to open a poll since with the current release of the unknown Supercarrier module, everyone will vote for naval jets.

The poll doesn't ask for what we want, it asks for what we think Heatblur will most probably develop next.

With the explicit mentioning of the A-6 by Cobra there can be no doubt that it's most probably going to be the A-6 Intruder. It also totally makes sense with the current road DCS is taking (naval ops).

I still would have preferred a Tornado, but like the Viggen it would be a very isolated add-on in the available scenarios in DCS, so I am also happy with an A-6. It adds nicely to what we have and will get in the future.

I'm going with A-6, per Cobra.

I think they could absolutely leverage the hell out of the tech they have with either the F111 or an older Tornado next. I think there might be more hurdles to get tornado docs than the F111 though.

I'd love for someone to do the JAAAG though, it was a prety unique and widely used strike aircraft, though maybe "not the best".

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

It was my understanding that Heatblur was not doing any more modules for DCS. I truly hope I’m wrong about that.
As far as I know, there has been no official statement from Heatblur concerning their future with DCS one way or another.

If the A-6 will be developed one day... I need the "Devil 505" skin from "Flight of the Intruder".

FC3, Ka-50, A-10C, AJS-37, MiG-21bis, F-14A/B, F/A-18C, F-16C, NTTR, Persian Gulf, Super Carrier, TacView Advanced

Next in line: F-5 II , MiG-19 , MiG-23 MLA

Wishlist: PA-100 Tornado, F-104 Starfighter, MiG-25 Foxbat, A-6 Intruder

It was my understanding that Heatblur was not doing any more modules for DCS. I truly hope I’m wrong about that.

I really don't understand where people get those weird theories from?!

The devs clearly have stated their commitment to DCS: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3836167&postcount=42

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I really don't understand where people get those weird theories from?!

The devs clearly have stated their commitment to DCS: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3836167&postcount=42

Maybe because they never used "DCS" in this statement, only the phrase "consumer/professional flight sims"..... :dunno:

Modules: KA-50, A-10C, FC3, UH-1H, MI-8MTV2, CA, MIG-21bis, FW-190D9, Bf-109K4, F-86F, MIG-15bis, M-2000C, SA342 Gazelle, AJS-37 Viggen, F/A-18C, F-14, C-101, FW-190A8, F-16C, F-5E, JF-17, SC, Mi-24P Hind, AH-64D Apache, Mirage F1, F-4E Phantom II

System: Win 11 Pro 64bit, Ryzen 3800X, 32gb RAM DDR4-3200, PowerColor Radeon RX 6900XT Red Devil ,1 x Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 2TB NVMe, 2 x Samsung SSD 2TB + 1TB SATA, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals - VIRPIL T-50CM and VIRPIL MongoosT-50 Throttle - HP Reverg G2, using only the latest Open Beta, DCS settings

Maybe because they never used "DCS" in this statement, only the phrase "consumer/professional flight sims"..... :dunno:

And DCS is not a consumer flight sim?!

We're working on another complex jet which will make good use of our own technologies.

Heatblur is not going anywhere.
!
Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

And DCS is not a consumer flight sim?!

!

Ofcourse it is, but you have to admit we all know HB because of DCS, now they are working together with a professional Aviation/Sim company and they answer the "concerned questions" with a generally held phrase which can be interpreted as "everything is fine we will focus on DCS" or as "we finish our announced/planned stuff and went on and do our own thing to not be dependent of ED/engine limitations anymore"

Ofcourse it is, but you have to admit we all know HB because of DCS, now they are working together with a professional Aviation/Sim company and they answer the "concerned questions" with a generally held phrase which can be interpreted as "everything is fine we will focus on DCS" or as "we finish our announced/planned stuff and went on and do our own thing to not be dependent of ED/engine limitations anymore"

Doesn't sound that way to me:

We're working on another complex jet which will make good use of our own technologies.

We're not in any way sacrificing our roadmap or ambitions. If anything, we've just made them a guaranteed reality.

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm all up for the Panavia Tornado. Its practically multirole...at least in a rough sense as it got a cannon armament as backup weapon.

The A-6 only excitement is the carrier landing part. But aside from that, its just a ground pounder focus and a slow one at that.

If there was a choice between Panavia Tornado and an A-6. I'd definitely go for the Tornado hands down! Its a much faster jet, swing wing, dual seat, backup weapon in case you come against slow air to air targets.

The su-24 is a complex aircraft with the most diverse and advanced weapon load of everything listed here including stand off weapons sead and anti ship missiles and bombs.

Where are you getting this “I don’t know if it’s a complex airplane” ideas? I also think we are getting the a6 but really hope for the su-24 as it’s been in service for longer than everything else on the list and definitely seen more action.

I'm all up for the Panavia Tornado. Its practically multirole...at least in a rough sense as it got a cannon armament as backup weapon.

Not just a cannon (two cannons actually!), but also Sidewinders! In German service the Tornado is now even flying with IRIS-T (german AIM-9X comparable missile).

So yeah, unless it comes to BFM, the Tornado is well capable to defend itself in the visual arena, more so than the Viggen!

Edited by QuiGon

Tornado3 small.jpg

An F-14 A&B, AND an Intruder, AND a Forrestal class carrier is huge. Hell, that's a game all by itself.

This is something that came to my mind as well.

As of writing this i am yet to vote on the poll, mostly because i was torn between the F-111 and the A-6. But now, i think i'll vote for the latter one.

IMO, this kind of approach for development modules makes much sense. I.E. Deka makes Chinese assets, HB makes cold war Naval assets and other 3rd party developers create their own "bundles". This may benefit the developers by reusing assets and creating assets that are more closely related to each other (less time spent in creating and debugging of features) and help DCS as a whole, by introducing content that is more internally "consistent".

Imagine the A-6. It has essentially the same wing as the F-14. Far from just looking the same (3D model), you already have a great deal of it's aerodynamic properties sorted out. Both planes were made by Grumman. So i wonder if they may have shared more common components, especially the with the earlier F-14A's? Then you have a Forestall carrier. Both planes operated from it. This gives you a working ecosystem in its own right. Then as you already have the engines for the A-6, you are one step closer to making an A-4. Again, it works with Forestall. You have the TF-30's as well. You are closer to making an A-7. Sooner or later, you have an entire carrier air wing from the late 60's to the late 80's. If someone makes a naval Phantom along the way, this is more then just a game in its own right. It's a base for decades spanning campaign.

Modules: FC3, Mirage 2000C, Harrier AV-8B NA, F-5, AJS-37 Viggen, F-14B, F-14A, Combined Arms, F/A-18C, F-16C, MiG-19P, F-86, MiG-15, FW-190A, Spitfire Mk IX, UH-1 Huey, Su-25, P-51PD, Caucasus map, Nevada map, Persian Gulf map, Marianas map, Syria Map, Super Carrier, Sinai map, Mosquito, P-51, AH-64 Apache