Su27 - A complete guide to combat employment and tactics - Page 4 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 10-21-2015, 12:44 AM   #31
Santi871
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mower View Post
Sorry if a derail but is there a simolar guide for the Eagle?

Great write up BTW, very useful!
I don't think so... for the time being I'm horrible with the F15C because I don't like using the AIM120 and that is its only major advantage.
Santi871 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:22 AM   #32
Oceandar

Santi871 , I'm jealous...you had spare time and you made this guide. Great supplement to newbies. Awesome work.

BTW looking at your name, are you a female ? Just asking , nothing more hehehe

Cheers

Sent from my ASUS_T00F using Tapatalk
Old 10-21-2015, 07:18 AM   #33
Santi871
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oceandar View Post
Santi871 , I'm jealous...you had spare time and you made this guide. Great supplement to newbies. Awesome work.

BTW looking at your name, are you a female ? Just asking , nothing more hehehe

Cheers

Sent from my ASUS_T00F using Tapatalk
Nope
Old 10-21-2015, 07:49 AM   #34
FLANKERATOR

Good work Santi, an enjoyable read.

I'd just like to add that an F-15 can be just as deadly in a mountain fight, also, seasoned Eagle drivers would not play this game most of the time and would turn away, stay high and wait for you to come out as you would burn fuel faster (especially if res-pawning is not allowed)

I'd also like to point out that Flankers are still a force to be reckoned with even on flat terrain especially in a TvT setup and this has already been proven many times.

We do not rise to the level of our expectations. We fall to the level of our training.
FLANKERATOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 08:55 AM   #35
apocom

Just made an account to say thank you for your awesome guide. I play DCS for 3 weeks now, and I'm in PvP since Friday.

I've read your great guide now every single day and I'm pretty sure I know it by heart soon. I'm reading so much stuff, but your guide is by far the most awesome piece of information I've found so far. It's so incredible helpful, thank you very much.
apocom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 09:40 AM   #36
winchesterdelta1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santi871 View Post
I don't think so... for the time being I'm horrible with the F15C because I don't like using the AIM120 and that is its only major advantage.
The AIM-120C is not it's only major advantage. It's major advantage is it's situational awareness. I can go after SU-27's with sparrows all day not using a single AIM-120C and still be just as deadly.
If you are really skilled you can get a lot of SA in the SU-27. But a similar F-15 pilot that is on the same skill level as that SU-27 pilot will get even more SA. And that is where the strength of the F-15 is. I can engage and defend up to 6 targets and more in the F-15 by only looking at the RWR (If it's a smart thing is something else). Impossible in the SU-27. In the SU-27 it will only give signals for 2 threats. And if there are 2 friendly's with you with their radar on pointing at you it get's even more difficult.
Old 10-21-2015, 10:26 AM   #37
Santi871
Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by winchesterdelta1 View Post
The AIM-120C is not it's only major advantage. It's major advantage is it's situational awareness. I can go after SU-27's with sparrows all day not using a single AIM-120C and still be just as deadly.
If you are really skilled you can get a lot of SA in the SU-27. But a similar F-15 pilot that is on the same skill level as that SU-27 pilot will get even more SA. And that is where the strength of the F-15 is. I can engage and defend up to 6 targets and more in the F-15 by only looking at the RWR (If it's a smart thing is something else). Impossible in the SU-27. In the SU-27 it will only give signals for 2 threats. And if there are 2 friendly's with you with their radar on pointing at you it get's even more difficult.
Yeah the RWR of the F15 is good at giving the greater picture as I said in the guide but not as good for single targets. The idea of my tactics is to do some sort of recon with the radar as you go into the battle to counter this.

But the only reason you can get Sparrow kills is that most people don't know how to use the Su27 which is why I made this guide.

And the F15C isn't really designed for mountain fighting. It has a much poorer vertical scan mode and the lack of a "sneaky" IRST which coupled with the subpar sidewinders makes it much more challenging and not as effective.
Old 10-21-2015, 11:21 AM   #38
Tello

Quote:
Originally Posted by winchesterdelta1 View Post
I can engage and defend up to 6 targets and more in the F-15 by only looking at the RWR (If it's a smart thing is something else).
Old 10-21-2015, 01:13 PM   #39
karambiatos
Veteran

Oh here we go again.

Check out my random mods and things
karambiatos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 02:25 PM   #40
Elwood
3rd party developer

Thanks for that!
Hope to give you some useful feedback one day.

Cheers!
Elwood is offline   Reply With Quote