Community A-4E-C - Page 50 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 05-29-2020, 12:59 PM   #491
ak22

Thank you
ak22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:07 AM   #492
leonhong

Thank you heclak for your great work !! I have tried 1.4 b11 with SC. Catapult does not work as you had mentioned, yet it DO take off from the SC deck !!

1. Hold W or analog brake when the mission starts to keep the aircraft from skid.

2. Press L-shift + U to tell the deck crew that you are going to launch.

3. Throttle up to the max then let off W or analog brake and there you go !!
leonhong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 08:29 PM   #493
Paganus

Thanks for keeping it going and improving it heclak!

With the P-47 out now, ED added their own an-m65. So the A-4 version now throws impure client errors when loading it on the 47 in MP.
Paganus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 03:45 AM   #494
heclak
Closed Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by sc_neo View Post
Damn, it sure looks nice to have all 3 aircraft on deck of the SC F-14/18 and A4. And actually, taking off and catching a wire works. Even being directed to the catapult works to the point until you are supposed to lower the launchbar. But if you go full power you are actually shot off with enough speed to successfully fly off the boat. Sure some work is required, but it might not be a total nightmare to get this fixed up in the future.

Oh, and one thing i noticed was that you need to either give a bit of power or push the brakes to not have the SC roll forward under you. I guess there is some new code on the naval aircraft to link them to the carriers that needed to be added to the mod as well.
The A-4E doesn't follow the SC code as we do not have access to the SC implementation. We are using our own custom code to implement a carrier launch. It is not part of the DCS code.

The lack of friction on the carrier is due to ED not having completed the implementation of carrier code for their SFM. No way that we can fix it, just need to keep stepping on the brakes like what real pilots have to do. Never let go of the brakes until the ground crew have the wheel chokes in place.
heclak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 03:48 AM   #495
heclak
Closed Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by daemon1808 View Post
https://youtu.be/vEhgiyAscis

I have been messing around a bit with the SC and the A-4E. Although the catapults are not working during the take off, I think the SC is a great improvement to the A-4E carrier operations. As the A-4E hasn't any kind of ICLS, landing in a carrier is very difficult (more in VR because it is hard to see clearly the bearing of the carrier or the ball).
With the aid of the stern lights and the director light panel, in VR it is a world easier to get this beauty safe on the deck.
It is a pity that the A4-E can't use the radio commands because, except that, the wheel chokes and the catapult, all the other stuff works fine.
Heclak, do you believe that adding a catapult launch and wheel chokes (as was done to the vanila) will be possible in the future?
I actually think we had previously added ICLS for the Stennis in an earlier patch. I could be wrong. It uses the TACAN panel but it only works for the Stennis as that is the only carrier that we have access to.

Wheel chokes should work fine on the SC and the new catapult code which is still in beta (feedback from testers) should be working on the SC as well. We're working through a few more issues before putting out a stable release. We try to minimise game-breaking bugs in our stable releases.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:50 AM   #496
heclak
Closed Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saurophaganax View Post
I installed and flew the A-4 Skyhawk today and I can only praise the team for their wonderful work.

I bought a little server not long ago and I am currently planning some missions. I'd love to include the Skyhawk.

I have only two questions, though:

1-Yes, the radio is unavailable, but can players communicate normally using SRS? Haven't tried it yet.

2-In the server itself, does it show up as a "pure model" or should I un-click the "only pure models" limitation.

Thanks.
Yes. SRS works, SRS was patched to support the A-4 and we're looking to improve the integration further in the future.

Pure models was fine up till the latest patches. ED added some files which has the same names as our files which caused the A-4E to have IC issues now. We're fixing it with the upcoming patch.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:54 AM   #497
heclak
Closed Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonhong View Post
Thank you heclak for your great work !! I have tried 1.4 b11 with SC. Catapult does not work as you had mentioned, yet it DO take off from the SC deck !!

1. Hold W or analog brake when the mission starts to keep the aircraft from skid.

2. Press L-shift + U to tell the deck crew that you are going to launch.

3. Throttle up to the max then let off W or analog brake and there you go !!
In the beta, you'll need to go to the A-4E options menu to turn off the catapult checks. The catapult checks only work for the Stennis at the moment. We've added a few interesting launch option in our custom A-4E catapult launch system.

We will probably never be able to integrate directly with SC as the SC integration code is not public.

That being said, I don't recommend anyone to use the beta except for feedback testing as there are still issues with it.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:55 AM   #498
heclak
Closed Beta Tester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paganus View Post
Thanks for keeping it going and improving it heclak!

With the P-47 out now, ED added their own an-m65. So the A-4 version now throws impure client errors when loading it on the 47 in MP.
Yes. That was brought to our attention. I've already patched that out and trying to push out our patch quickly so that we minimise the effect on the community. Sorry for the inconvenience.
Old 06-07-2020, 03:35 PM   #499
daemon1808

Quote:
Originally Posted by heclak View Post
I actually think we had previously added ICLS for the Stennis in an earlier patch. I could be wrong. It uses the TACAN panel but it only works for the Stennis as that is the only carrier that we have access to.

Wheel chokes should work fine on the SC and the new catapult code which is still in beta (feedback from testers) should be working on the SC as well. We're working through a few more issues before putting out a stable release. We try to minimise game-breaking bugs in our stable releases.
Thanks Heclak! I missed the ICLS/TACAN part on the last patches. I will try it.
Anyway, the "you'll need to go to the A-4E options menu to turn off the catapult checks" tip, do the trick for the launch with the catapult.
So, between the ICLS/TACAN feature, the new layer for the ball, the catapult launch working... the SC is working perfectly with the wonderfull A-4e you have build!! (except the part when the aircraft go through the carrier crew... but, as they are ghost for now, who cares ^_^)

You guys are the best of the best.
daemon1808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2020, 04:02 PM   #500
Propnut

Absolutely agree! Carrier missions from the Teddy R on the Vietnam server are a treat. Thank you Heclak and everyone else that has worked on this mod.
Propnut is offline   Reply With Quote