How finished is Harrier? The reason was that there were many features that were not a - Page 10 - ED Forums

Notices

Old 04-11-2020, 09:19 PM   #91
Hawkeye_UK

yes its a good module and always been very patient with Razbam, albeit i have to admit it is now wearing thin.

Why prioritise eye candy ( virtual pilot body ) over essential key binds is beyond me -

Cockpit binds - Essential.

Worst of all is the x and y axis slew for the targeting pod - cannot be used doesn't work - 2 years later.

Community manager and team that are slow to even reply to forum posts and acknowledge them. Nothing personal in nature my post, purely observational.

Again they need to sort out the priorities which if they would listen to the community is not eye candy but sorting out the mission critical systems.

Good example is when 2.5.6 came out, reported night lighting issues in the cockpit making the EHSD map unusable at night, flir cannot be used in HUD anymore. With the JF17 there was issues also as per every other module, Deka sorted their's out the following patch - nothing from Razbam yet 6 weeks later.

DCS | F14B | AV-8B | F18C | F16C | A10C | JF17 | Viggen | L-39 | MIG 15 | SU27 | SU33 | F15 | MI8 | Huey | KA50 | P47 | Spitfire | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel

Liquid Cooled i7 9700K @ 5Ghz & OC RTX2080 Ti Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3200 MHz | 500GB SSD m2 | Oculus Rift S | TM Warthog | Virpil Warbrd Base | Saitek Side Panel | Steel Series Arctis 7 Heaphones
Hawkeye_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 10:42 PM   #92
Marsvinet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye_UK View Post
Why prioritise eye candy ( virtual pilot body ) over essential key binds is beyond me -

The 3D modeller works only on 3D models and their textures. He has nothing to do with code. Your statement is simply not true, since they are working in parallell on both code and 3D models. You can verify this by reading the post made by Decoy on how their teams look.
Marsvinet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2020, 11:06 PM   #93
Fusedspine33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsvinet View Post
The 3D modeller works only on 3D models and their textures. He has nothing to do with code. Your statement is simply not true, since they are working in parallell on both code and 3D models. You can verify this by reading the post made by Decoy on how their teams look.

It’s about how it’s perceived, not how it is done. Priorities that many want first is functionality over eye-candy. The key binds were committed to being implemented by Razbam long ago. While still waiting for those a new cockpit and pilot body has been implemented.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Fusedspine33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2020, 11:00 PM   #94
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marsvinet View Post
It’s sadly true. But at a guess there are good reasons they can’t actually expand their coder “talent”.
Old 04-12-2020, 11:54 PM   #95
SGT Coyle

It doesn't take a coder genius to complete the key mapping. most of them have user made fixes, but I don't expect a study level sim to have player made fixes.

It's really a job for an intern.

I don't mean to be insulting to team. It's frustrating to see these bugs go so long.
I hope everyone is having a safe Easter.
Please take this virus very seriously. The data I'm seeing, calls I'm on today..they are not good and now I'm I'm seeing co-workers being affected.. seriously affected in the hospital. People in their 30s and 40s. Wash your hands and stay at home as much as possible.
No Joke People.
SGT Coyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 04:10 AM   #96
Hawkeye_UK

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGT Coyle View Post
It doesn't take a coder genius to complete the key mapping. most of them have user made fixes, but I don't expect a study level sim to have player made fixes.

It's really a job for an intern.

I don't mean to be insulting to team. It's frustrating to see these bugs go so long.
I hope everyone is having a safe Easter.
+1

DCS | F14B | AV-8B | F18C | F16C | A10C | JF17 | Viggen | L-39 | MIG 15 | SU27 | SU33 | F15 | MI8 | Huey | KA50 | P47 | Spitfire | CA | Persian Gulf | Nevada | Normandy | Channel

Liquid Cooled i7 9700K @ 5Ghz & OC RTX2080 Ti Ultra | 64GB DDR4 3200 MHz | 500GB SSD m2 | Oculus Rift S | TM Warthog | Virpil Warbrd Base | Saitek Side Panel | Steel Series Arctis 7 Heaphones
Hawkeye_UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 08:46 AM   #97
Heavydriver

If you notice Razbam ignore this entire thread but they’ll keep pitching the Falkland Map and F-15. This is the problem of early access, this Module isn’t making them as much money anymore and they aren’t seemingly interested in the customers that already paid for it. The new products will generate more cash through early access and it will be the same circle for those, they’re is no incentive to finish a product on dcs sadly.
Heavydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 10:03 AM   #98
jojo
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavydriver View Post
If you notice Razbam ignore this entire thread but they’ll keep pitching the Falkland Map and F-15. This is the problem of early access, this Module isn’t making them as much money anymore and they aren’t seemingly interested in the customers that already paid for it. The new products will generate more cash through early access and it will be the same circle for those, they’re is no incentive to finish a product on dcs sadly.
This is wrong, Zeus67 had to take over M-2000C code since Elwood who was hired to do that isn't available for a while.
So they are finishing code on released module, not coding new ones.

The 3D/ textures guys are doing and showing what they do.
They are not coders. It's the same for every body.

Yes. It's not going as fast as we would like, but complaining because 3D or graphics are being upgraded faster than the code is irrelevant, it isn't the same pipeline.
https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi
jojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 10:16 AM   #99
shagrat
ED Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jojo View Post
This is wrong, Zeus67 had to take over M-2000C code since Elwood who was hired to do that isn't available for a while.

So they are finishing code on released module, not coding new ones.

The 3D/ textures guys are doing and showing what they do.

They are not coders. It's the same for every body.

Yes. It's not going as fast as we would like, but complaining because 3D or graphics are being upgraded faster than the code is irrelevant, it isn't the same pipeline.
Well said.

- Flying Sims since 1984 -
Win 10 | i5 7600K@4.0GHz | 32GB | GeForce GTX 1080 8GB - Acer XB280HK 28" 4k | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | TM HOTAS Warthog custom extension | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | TM Cougar MFDs |a hand made UFC | AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)
shagrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2020, 05:43 PM   #100
ak22

Im considering buying the Harrier will it be getting more weapons? are their any major bugs at the moment? I also enjoy doing SEAD in the SU-25T how does the Sidearms compare?
ak22 is offline   Reply With Quote