Corsair time frame? - ED Forums

Notices

Old 03-28-2020, 01:05 PM   #1
Dr_Wigglespank

Default Corsair time frame?

I'm new to DCS, so forgive me if this is in the wrong spot, as I don't see a specific section/post for discussing the Corsair.

I've been thinking about purchasing a WWII module, specifically the Mustang, but since reading about the upcoming Corsair, I decided I'd much rather have it than the Mustang. There's always the TF-51D to scratch my warbird itch until the Corsair comes out.

How long do announced modules usually take to appear in the game? Being new, I have a lot to keep me busy until this comes out, but a general time frame would be nice (six months, a year, or more).
Dr_Wigglespank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 01:17 PM   #2
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Magnitude gave a presentation of the aircraft back in December (see https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=256985), but they didn't show either its cockpit nor any external closeups, so I'd guess that it was still at least 6 months away at the time and I hope that Magnitude is trying their best to have it released before the mid-year Holidays .. but just a guess.

If I were on your place, I'd purchase the Mustang to take advantage of its current low price .. if you can spare the Money, I would also purchase Normandy to operate the aircraft on a more appropiate scenery.

If you intend to do one of the P-51 paid Campaigns, then consider also the WW2 Assets Pack, as it is needed for those Campaigns.
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 01:51 PM   #3
Tiger4-2

Or do what I'm doing and mess around on p3d until it comes out.

Right now I'm putting myself through ground school, and as soon as I get paid I'm starting primary on the N2S Stearman from Golden Age Simulations. After that I cant decide if I want to fly the BT-13 for basic, or just skip to the A2A T6 Texan. The BT-13 I found is old and kind of shitty graphics wise.

Theres tons to learn, tons of fantastic quality aircraft, and if you look around you can find alot of the original course materials to aid you in you training.

But I'm a turbo nerd about this stuff so....lol

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Tiger4-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 02:05 PM   #4
AG-51_Razor

OR.....you could just wait a couple of weeks and buy the JUG. At least that might scratch your PW R2800 itch. I'd get thw Normandy map and WWII assets pack as Rudel mentioned.
Old 03-28-2020, 03:49 PM   #5
Dr_Wigglespank

Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm more interested in the Pacific Theater than the European, and the Corsair is my favorite WWII fighter (watched too much Baa Baa Black Sheep as a kid), but the Pacific map and Corsair seem to be a ways off.

I was not aware a P-47 was coming to DCS. I just read some posts about it, and that is a far more interesting plane than the Mustang. I guess I need to decide if I grab the Mustang for a sweet price, or wait for the Jug. I'll give the Mustang a try next week with the free trial and decide then.

I'll definitely grab Normandy and the Assets pack while the sale is on, though, as getting the P-47 when it comes out is a certainty.
Dr_Wigglespank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2020, 03:50 PM   #6
Tiger4-2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Wigglespank View Post
Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm more interested in the Pacific Theater than the European, and the Corsair is my favorite WWII fighter (watched too much Baa Baa Black Sheep as a kid), but the Pacific map and Corsair seem to be a ways off.

I was not aware a P-47 was coming to DCS. I just read some posts about it, and that is a far more interesting plane than the Mustang. I guess I need to decide if I grab the Mustang for a sweet price, or wait for the Jug. I'll give the Mustang a try next week with the free trial and decide then.

I'll definitely grab Normandy and the Assets pack while the sale is on, though, as getting the P-47 when it comes out is a certainty.
RIP Robert Conrad

Tiger4-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 03:26 PM   #7
Ercoupe

"OR.....you could just wait a couple of weeks "

Where have you heard that timeframe? I am about to hit the buy button while the Harrier is on sale. I just flew it for free and it's great.
But, I do not have unlimited simming money as some people seem to. If that two weeks is true, I'll wait.
Just wondering if you know that for a fact. If you're just guessing, I'll pick up the jump-jet.
Ercoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 03:40 PM   #8
Rudel_chw
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ercoupe View Post
"OR.....you could just wait a couple of weeks "

Where have you heard that timeframe? ... If that two weeks is true, I'll wait.
Once upon a time, Matt Wagner, from ED, made the mistake of promising the delivery of some item "in two more weeks" ... of course that timeframe was not met and it originated an insiders joke, that has been repeated so many times that currently isn't funny at all. Buy the Harrier, it's a really enjoyable aircraft in spite of a few bugs and items still not finished.
Rudel_chw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2020, 04:29 PM   #9
Ercoupe

Thanks. Gonna punch that buy button.
Ercoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2020, 07:57 PM   #10
MegOhm_SD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger4-2 View Post
RIP Robert Conrad

RIP George "Pappy" Boyington

Vid of Conrad with Pappy Cameo in episode

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z81f...ature=emb_logo

Thing is....Zuckerberg is definitely an Alien... Some Kind of Grey Hybrid

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO Test Bench, ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, Oculus S, Win 10

Last edited by MegOhm_SD; 03-30-2020 at 08:09 PM.
MegOhm_SD is offline   Reply With Quote