Some warning being shouted - in Russian?

rrohde

Just a question: Was flying the Huey in Normandy, and I kinda left the flight envelope for a moment of wild flying and I got yelled at in Russian, which sounded like a warning coming from a crew member, rather than a system warning.

That said, has anybody any idea as to what this warning is, what causes it, and why it is not in ENG for the Huey?

(PS: heard the same in the Mi-8 ).

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

:lol:

Just a question: Was flying the Huey in Normandy, and I kinda left the flight envelope for a moment of wild flying and I got yelled at in Russian, which sounded like a warning coming from a crew member, rather than a system warning.

That said, has anybody any idea as to what this warning is, what causes it, and why it is not in ENG for the Huey?

(PS: heard the same in the Mi-8 ).

I have gotta try this when i get home this weekend, seriously. :music_whistling:

Although I never got yelled at flying the Gazelle recklessly in Normandy, might be a French thing perhaps. ;)

PS

I did let some small fire balls out of the Gazelle in the Normandy map but no one yield at me just my ego.:lol:

Edited by FragBum
PS & typo

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

I know the shout you mean, and although it is not in English, i'm not sure why it's in Russian, considering. I think it is basically your co-pilot's fear stricken warning about entering VRS....

SCAN Intel Core i9 10850K "Comet Lake", 32GB DDR4, 10GB NVIDIA RTX 3080, HP Reverb G2

Custom Mi-24 pit with magnetic braked cyclic and collective. See it here: Molevitch Mi-24 Pit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] www.blacksharkden.com

bsd sig 2021.jpg

is that real or joke? my co-pilot does nothing but looking around

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Well, I got that message 3 times so far when flying wildly (1x in the Mi-8 flying around the NTTR map, and 2x in the Huey in Normandy). But then again, I don't understand Russian and I don't know what it says. It's not displayed, it's spoken, and it ends in what sounds like "commandant" or so. There's no indication if it's meant to be coming from the copilot or another crew member.

So maybe someone from Belsimtek can enlighten us here? I am certainly not the only one who have come across that verbal message.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I know the shout you mean, and although it is not in English, i'm not sure why it's in Russian, considering. I think it is basically your co-pilot's fear stricken warning about entering VRS....

That could be it. So you have heard it, too?

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

I think I saw something in some thread at some point about Belsimtek adding a vocal warning for VRS and perhaps other flight envelope deviations?.?!?

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Every time I do some extreme flying in the Huey and I am dropping due to VRS or/and with a high rpm warning light/alarm going off my co-pilot also says something in a language I cannot identify. Usually the ground is approaching fast at these times.

I just figured it was some variation of "You idiot!" as he thinks we are about to die. Sure, sometimes we do and for those times, it is warranted and I don't blame him.

But I wish we had someone in the know would tell us exactly what is being said just so we know.

Edited by Torso

• 2 years later...

Bumping this thread. (apologies)

Has it been explained? In the UN Campaign, Pedro (or whatever his name is) chastised me in Russian when I wasn't following his flight plan closely enough.

And, sometimes I get the 'Spanish sounding' (VRS?) warning shouted at me even when flying non-UN Pilot campaign flights.

Both ruin the atmosphere a bit.

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

I still would like to see this voiced in English for the Huey (and maybe close-captioned for the Mi-8 ). :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Take a look here. https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=195668&page=3

That guy was driving me nuts so I replaced that sound file with a silent one.

• Thanks 1

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

making your fellow crewmen scream is not a good idea.

it means you are doing stuff wrong.

try learning to not scare them :)

you can achieve everything without hearing him shout once.

even quick drop offs under fire.

just take the voice as another cockpit warning sound. and avoid the conditions that set it off.

if you are entering VRS often enough that you need to delete the sound then you need to change your entire approach. because its dangerous and wrong. even if it works in the game.

its a bad habit. and bad habits always kill you in the end.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

That's not the point - the point is to have them yell in English where appropriate. :thumbup:

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Ah, so SimShaker is what driving this, not the DCS module itself. I never realized that SimShaker included such voice file. I am indeed running SimShaker for my Jetseat 908. :)

Thanks for the link to the silent wav file. :)

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

you can achieve everything without hearing him shout once.

even quick drop offs under fire.

just take the voice as another cockpit warning sound. and avoid the conditions that set it off.

if you are entering VRS often enough that you need to delete the sound then you need to change your entire approach. because its dangerous and wrong. even if it works in the game.

its a bad habit. and bad habits always kill you in the end.

That’s the point. Take care, use your instruments, and situational clues to avoid VRS and don’t depend on an audible clue that often times will not be available anyways.

A Co, 229th AHB, 1st Cav Div

ASUS Prime Z370-A MB, Intel Core i7 8700K 5.0GHz OC'd, RTX 3090, 32GB DDR4, 1TB SSD, Win 10

Samsung 65" 4K Curved Display (Oculus Rift occaisionally), Track IR5, VoiceAttack, Baur's BRD-N Cyclic base/Virpil T-50CM Grip, UH-1h Collective by Microhelis & OE-XAM Pedals. JetSeat & SimShaker for Aviators.

JUST CHOPPERS

Thanks Chic,

that is a solution I would have never guessed in a million years. I had no idea Simshaker for Aviators had such things in them. I'll try the silent wav file replacement. I appreciate the link to the info and file - much more helpful than yet another unsolicited 'git gud'.

cheers

CPU:5600X | GPU:RTX2080 | RAM:32GB | Disk:860EVOm.2

i wasnt thinking "get good", i was actually thinking about the 1994 fairchild airforce base b-52 crash..

the story of what happens when you ignore limits and warnings.

it fundamentally changed the US Air force.

My Rig: AM5 7950X, 32GB DDR5 6000, M2 SSD, EVGA 1080 Superclocked, Warthog Throttle and Stick, MFG Crosswinds, Oculus Rift.

My co-pilot jumps out of the helo the moment I open the door. The look of terror is comical if you ask me.

As for Russian...you can't escape it. I hear Russian at Costco, the super market...the funniest was the poor beleaguered guy at Home Depot (a home improvement big box) following his wife shouting ne znayu! Ne znayu! (I don't know! I don't know!)

i wasnt thinking "get good", i was actually thinking about the 1994 fairchild airforce base b-52 crash..

the story of what happens when you ignore limits and warnings.

it fundamentally changed the US Air force.

I saw that one. Didn't take a degree in aeronautics to see it coming.