Closed Thread

Old 02-27-2019, 09:46 PM   #571
ironcross

Ahhhh sit on it potsy!
Old 02-27-2019, 09:49 PM   #572
SonofEil

Quote:
Originally Posted by NineLine View Post
Any publication must go through a rigorous process now, based on some missteps in the past. In addition to standard publishing assets, the module must submit a detailed accounting of their flight model’s accuracy based on verifiable data, we must run through all avionics systems to ensure it matches provided documentation, all content must play through correctly, and naturally, there can be no crash issues. All of this applies to the Release Candidate sent from the developer, not development builds. Only after all these items are satisfied can we consider a release date/publication. The F-14 is not there yet.
Wow, this info seems to have flown over everyone’s heads, so to speak. I had no idea the process was now so rigorous. Bumping the FM, systems, procedures against real world documentation and requiring rectification of discrepancies is how it should be done in a study sim. I honestly thought the approval process was closer to
“does it approximate the real aircraft? check. does it crash the game? nope? ok have fun.”
Kudos to ED for upping their quality standards.
It’s extremely cool to learn this is how ED is doing things now. Thanks for the insight Norm.

Last edited by SonofEil; 02-27-2019 at 09:52 PM.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:03 PM   #573
DECtechGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nume Noctre View Post
Some folks are really destroying the release experience with their adolescent behavior.
No one forced any of us to pre-order. Everyone had the choice to just wait until it’s ready.

I trust ED and HB that they will put the quality of the product and the customer experience first.
I mean, all these un-chilled guys will probably be the first ones to explode when they find the tiniest bug.

Everyone relax .... the fun will come! Promised!

Nume
This has been my feeling too. I've been with DCS since the KA-50's boxed release and it's never been this wild. I was, and still am, fairly shocked to see Wags post after all the insanity that's been going on, which is frankly telling that people should really calm themselves.

I'll admit I'm a very impatient person for sure, but I've been fairly entertained having the manual in the meantime. Plus we're evidently getting the Mig-19 so I'll have something else besides the manual to enjoy.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:13 PM   #574
Cowboy10uk

Damn what a meltdown this post is suddenly having.

I can see the future now, ED gives in and releases the F14.

The next month of posts will be the same people complaining that the F14 has bugs, and What are ED doing, it wasn’t ready for release.

Damned if they do, Damned if they don’t.

ED / HB please do not give in, do not release if there are issues that need to be fixed. Do this right, she’s gonna be amazing, we will be flying her for years to come, and from all accounts she’s gonna push DCS In terms of technology.

To be honest, I’m actually quite happy about this situation and the fact ED are communicating with us on here, as it’s meaning we are getting a better idea of just how much work goes into making sure the Modules are stunning.

This can only be a positive thing for the future.

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot
Old 02-27-2019, 10:16 PM   #575
Mower
Veteran

Is it a generation problem...the younger I want it right now mentality?
Old 02-27-2019, 10:22 PM   #576
pimp

This is ridiculous. People are tripping for no reason. The RC build is finally done, ppl complain. ED is testing it, in order to confirm a release date, ppl complain. I've said it before, and I'll say it again, "this is why I'm not a people person." I'll be taking a breather from this thread until the entitled kings & queens come back to reality.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:38 PM   #577
erniedaoage

I will miss those threads when the cat has finally arrived. I can't stop laughing about the interpretation and speculation of some users here. I think the only other bird which will get this attention will be the viper. But its a long way till those kind of threads will arise.
Hopefully 3 more weeks of this fun right here

A10C / AJS-37 / AV8B / BF109K4 / CA / F/A18C / F14 / F5EII / F86F / FC3 / FW190A8 / FW190D9 / KA50 / L39 / M2000C / MI8TV2 / MIG15BIS / MIG19P / MIG21BIS / P51D / SA342 / SPITFIRE / UH1H / NORMANDY / PERSIAN GULF / CHANNEL

Thrustmaster TWCS Afterburner Detent
https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=223776
Old 02-27-2019, 10:38 PM   #578
JezzaNZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mower View Post
He might not be young and for the record, not everyone who is young has this mentality. Unfortunately, the minority who are are just louder than everyone else.

I'm relatively young and happily patiently waiting for it since I preordered it as a birthday present to myself. So I'll just continue to patiently wait and waterproof the foam on my VR. I imagine i'll be crying buckets of joy when it's finally here.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:45 PM   #579
Harlikwin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by erniedaoage View Post
I will miss those threads when the cat has finally arrived. I can't stop laughing about the interpretation and speculation of some users here. I think the only other bird which will get this attention will be the viper. But its a long way till those kind of threads will arise.
Hopefully 3 more weeks of this fun right here
Yeah, honestly aside from the overhype issue, I think HB has rolled pretty well the way these threads have devolved into a dumpster fire. For me I'll just be doing the following till the release... And really I'd rather it be released a bit late than a bit more broken... If anything I think the main issues are gonna be with Jester, but thats just my guess.

Last edited by Harlikwin; 02-27-2019 at 10:49 PM.
Old 02-27-2019, 10:51 PM   #580
Mad_Max2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mower View Post

Idk... I'm 27, and I'm over here shaking my head at some of these comments. Really pretty crazy.
Closed Thread