My BAUR BRD-F3 Rudder Pedals arrived today. Unboxing Pics!

It takes time. Now in the production of other products. I can not do two or three things. Only 100-200 pieces :)) At the end of the summer, maybe I'll do it. I need more people to be sure!

---------- Head Designer ----------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sorry, Razor5-1!

Didn't see you were asking about the MS3. That has another type of "scissor" cam setup. It looks like the same as the BRD joystick gimbal cams, and they are very smooth!

I got the F2, and those have 3 cams.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone!

I´m also looking for new pedals and the Baur pedals are currently my favorite ones. However, I still have some questions. Firts of all I have question about the difference bettwen the F-3 and MS-3 pedals. If i have understood correctly the only difference between them is the style of the footrest and that i basically can have both them if have both types of footrest. If this is right I have a secon question on that: On reddit I read that somebody ordered the F-3s for 280$ and got the Su-35 pedals for additional 12$, which would be 292$ in total. In the IL 2 frum I read that the additional price for the Su pedals would be 30$ - 310$ dollars in total. Which statement is true?

But the most important question is concerning custom duties. Do I have to pay them, when the pedals get shipped to Germany. I have heard that there is some way to avoid this. To pay an extra price of 20% would be a real bummer, since my budget is pretty thight.

Is there still no alternative to Western Union?

I would be very thankful for any answer. :music_whistling:

Hello everyone!

I´m also looking for new pedals and the Baur pedals are currently my favorite ones. However, I still have some questions. Firts of all I have question about the difference bettwen the F-3 and MS-3 pedals. If i have understood correctly the only difference between them is the style of the footrest and that i basically can have both them if have both types of footrest. If this is right I have a secon question on that: On reddit I read that somebody ordered the F-3s for 280$ and got the Su-35 pedals for additional 12$, which would be 292$ in total. In the IL 2 frum I read that the additional price for the Su pedals would be 30$ - 310$ dollars in total. Which statement is true?

But the most important question is concerning custom duties. Do I have to pay them, when the pedals get shipped to Germany. I have heard that there is some way to avoid this. To pay an extra price of 20% would be a real bummer, since my budget is pretty thight.

Is there still no alternative to Western Union?

I would be very thankful for any answer. :music_whistling:

There is an alternative to Western Union - you can always pay direct via international bank payment, now, when I ordered, I was looking to pay with my FOREX account that I have for my business, sadly, there is a minimum payment amount, and I was well below it (I also hate WU - they are expensive and have crappy rates - though Paypal are as bad, if not worse, just more convenient), but you'll need to talk to the man himself to work out your options.

As for duties, I am in Australia, and we have a $1000 limit (nothing below $1000au gets charged duties - this is changing though, sadly. Thanks Jerry Harvey - you suck). hopefully a German with experience can help you here.

As for the F3 pedals and pricing - I'd argue both statements are probably true, as shipping prices may vary, as well as purchase price (currency fluctuations, price rises - even ordering assembled or as parts - building yourself saves $50. I did this, and it's fun, hoping to have a "how to" vid done int he next couple of weeks...). Best to ask Baur for pricing directly and go from there. He is VERY fast to reply, incredibly helpful, and generally just the sort of person I want to give money to because he is a great person to do business with.

Z...

Edited by Barefoot Bandit

There is an alternative to Western Union - you can always pay direct via international bank payment, now, when I ordered, I was looking to pay with my FOREX account that I have for my business, sadly, there is a minimum payment amount, and I was well below it (I also hate WU - they are expensive and have crappy rates - though Paypal are as bad, if not worse, just more convenient), but you'll need to talk to the man himself to work out your options.

As for duties, I am in Australia, and we have a $1000 limit (nothing below $1000au gets charged duties - this is changing though, sadly. Thanks Jerry Harvey - you suck). hopefully a German with experience can help you here.

As for the F3 pedals and pricing - I'd argue both statements are probably true, as shipping prices may vary, as well as purchase price (currency fluctuations, price rises - even ordering assembled or as parts - building yourself saves $50. I did this, and it's fun, hoping to have a "how to" vid done int he next couple of weeks...). Best to ask Baur for pricing directly and go from there. He is VERY fast to reply, incredibly helpful, and generally just the sort of person I want to give money to because he is a great person to do business with.

Z...

Ok, thank you. I will contact Baur as soon as i saved enough money.

However, if there is still somebody who has experience with the custom duties in Germany please let me know.

Do not forget that you have to pay customs fees for the goods AND the shipping.

If you are lucky, the customs do not open the package.

Theoretically it is possible to lower the fees somewhat. Of course this is illegal in Germany. Therefore, just a consideration ...

If the customs open the package and ask you for a invoice to calculate the customs fees, you can ask the seller to send you a invoice with a smaller amount. This lowers the customs fees.

Sometimes the customs will also require a transfer receipt along with the invoice.

You could split the payment into two transfers. At a 300 € purchase price you could make a transfer with 100 € and one with 200 € (Of course, double fees will be charged for the transfers). Then you could show the transfer and the invoice for 100 € at the customs.

As I said, this process is not legal and what you do with this information is up to you....

Remember that a fully assembled product must also have a CE mark. This is not the case for individual components (in this case the unassembled kit) as far as I know.

My experience shows that in Germany the most attentive customs. I will not describe all methods here. In any case, it will be a textbook for deception of your country's customs. I would like to work honestly with customs. But sometimes you can go to the trick ;)

I do not specifically publish the price in this topic. The price is changing. This depends on the fluctuation of the ruble exchange rate, as well as the current purchase price of the components. In addition, I individually consider the price of delivery for each buyer, plus 4.4% of the Business-PayPal.

How can you save your money? You can buy a set for self-assembly - the leader (90%) of sales in Russia buy DIY kits. In addition, the customs will be more supportive of such a purchase.

Unfortunately, the assembly instructions are only in Russian. But you can read the instructions (with the help of an interpreter) and evaluate your skills and training.

---------- Head Designer ----------

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unfortunately, the assembly instructions are only in Russian. But you can read the instructions (with the help of an interpreter) and evaluate your skills and training.

I did it this way, and finished up in about 3 hours. Most of the time was spend digging around for screws. Take note - the right screws and fittings tend to be in bags with the right parts. Don't do what I did and rip it open and spill it all out on the floor like an old school box of Lego! :music_whistling:

Z...

• Like 1

I recently ordered the MS3 pedals and the BRD-DS stick from Baur and he is a great guy who sells awesome products. I bought them as self assembly kits, but also did the electronics myself via the awesome MMJOY2 project of mega_mozg. Sadly I am still waiting for some of my PCBs from OSH Park. I live in Germany and didnt have any problems with the customs, although they made me open the package in front of their eyes. Not going to give any illegal hints here, but with a wee bit of actors talent it may not be hard to convince them its just a bunch of stamped sheet metal for a home project sent by a friend in russia.

I can only highly recommend buying Baurs products, they have imo by far the best bang for the buck and even comparing them directly to MFGs of my friend, I have to say full steel construction is just something else. Also the GMR sensors are outerwordly precise. I dont recommend building the GMR sensors yourself, unless you know what your doing and are proficient at soldering SMDs. Just buy the electronics Baur offers. Assembling the kits is pretty straightforward with the instructions Baur has posted over in some russian forum, just use google translator and everything will be nice and easy. I had to buy a few tools I was missing, such as a 5,5 mm wrench and a pop rivet gun that cost me like 12 bucks.

https://translate.google.com/translate?act=url&depth=1&hl=de&ie=UTF8&prev=_t&rurl=translate.google.de&sl=ru&sp=nmt4&tl=en&u=http://avia-sim.ru/forum/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D27%26t%3D889

https://translate.google.com/translate?depth=1&hl=de&rurl=translate.google.de&sl=ru&tl=en&u=http://avia-sim.ru/forum/viewtopic.php%3Ff%3D27%26t%3D908%26sid%3De8210a38e85ca8dbbf28e76be067ac8a

Awesome products. Go for it! :thumbup:

Edited by rel4y

Cougar, CH and Saitek PnP hall sensor kits + shift registers: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=220916

Shapeways store for DIY flight simming equipment and repair: https://www.shapeways.com/shops/rel4y-diy-joystick-flight-simming

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Anyone got a link to their store page?

no amount of google is working

There is no store page There are forum posts and an email address with which you have all communication with Roman.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

• 4 weeks later...
Barefoot Bandit, if you are still around could you tell me the cost to you for your pedals and freight

to OZ

thanks m8

Honestly, I can't remember, let me have a look through my emails, I should be able to dig it up, though.

edit - PM sent.

Z...

• 1 month later...

NmdS5Zy.jpg

rrohde,

Curious how you mounted your Fat Black Mamba III stick with the extension lower on your Obutto Ozone cockpit chair? I have the same stick and Obutto and am looking to do something similar. How'd you mount it lower like that in front?

I have the center joystick Obutto mount but it comes up higher than the seat and with the extension I just added is too high. Thanks!

-Matt

Intel i5 13600 cpu // Gigabyte z790 Aorus Elite AX // 64GB RAM // RTX4070ti // VKB Black Mamba MkIII // Warthog Throttle // TFRP Pedals // Rift S

I hired a welder who cut it to size.

Wow nice cool! So that is the Obutto center stick attachment cut by a welder to make the shaft smaller so it fits lower?

Any chance you could post a close up photo for me? I'd like something similar made or try to create myself thanks!

Intel i5 13600 cpu // Gigabyte z790 Aorus Elite AX // 64GB RAM // RTX4070ti // VKB Black Mamba MkIII // Warthog Throttle // TFRP Pedals // Rift S

My motorcycle steering damper from Aliexpress arrived a few days back, now to take the F3 apart, powder coat a few choice bits to match the damper (KTM orange), and put it back together - once I work out the mounting.

If any of you guys ride motorcycles, and are thinking of one of these for a motorcycle - don't. Just buy a real damper (Ohlins/Matris/Hyperpro etc) sure, it looks like it, but let me tell you, having actually got an Ohlins on my Fireblade, there's no way I'd trust my life to this (there is a fluid leak every time I twist the adjuster knob - not something that happens on a proper damper). It'll do wonderfully for the rudder pedals, though, at about $40 shipped, the price was right - I'll update in about 6 weeks, when I'm back with my F3, and have the time to strip it down...

Z...

Wow nice cool! So that is the Obutto center stick attachment cut by a welder to make the shaft smaller so it fits lower?

Any chance you could post a close up photo for me? I'd like something similar made or try to create myself thanks!

Here are some old pics: https://imgur.com/a/0Btlr

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• 4 months later...