Good P-51 Video

BuzzU

I'm not a huge fan of History Channel's "Dogfights" series, myself. I can appreciate what they're trying to do, and I'll admit there isn't exactly a plethora of similar examples. However, "Dogfights" gets too much aerophysics stuff wrong for me to view it without irritation. Actual dogfighting is complicated enough that people often get the wrong idea about it without misleading imagery being added to the mix.

While I don't speak for the community as a whole, of course, I know my opinion on this isn't particularly unusual amongst hardcore aviation folks. Seen more than a few share my eye-rolls at the poor choreography, one-sidedness, etc. Still, I don't mean to discourage you from posting links to fighter videos. Just, not everyone likes the same kind of videos, even on the same subject. "Whatever pulls your prop," you know. : )

Unrelated note: I wonder why the video in that link isn't properly labelled? It's clearly from "Dogfights," but neither History Channel nor "Dogfights" shows up anywhere in the description text or title. Indeed, even the end credits have been mostly cut from the frame. It's as if whoever uploaded that is trying to obfuscate the source. Weird.

Edited by Echo38

If it was just HC talking about the dogfights I would have dismissed it. This video had the real pilots talking about the fights. If they aren't lying I admire their courage. They certainly weren't concerned about bad odds against them when their life was at stake.

Buzz

For those who don't like the video. Maybe you'll like this.

Mr. & Mrs. Clark, who have been married for sixty wonderful years, two of the richest people in the world, travel all over the globe giving lectures on financial success and happiness.

At one of their presentations in Germany a man in the crowd stood up and asked Mr. Clark, “Sir, you travel the world with your wife continuously at your side. In fact, you two are never ever seen apart from one another. Tell us, what is your secret to your long happy marriage?”

Mr. Clark looks at the man and says,” it beats kissing her good-bye.”.

Buzz

No good huh? How about this one?

A woman went to a pet shop and

immediately spotted a large, beautiful parrot.

There was a sign on the cage that said $50.00.

“Why so little?” she asked the pet store owner.

The owner looked at her and said,

“Look, I need to tell you that this bird used to live

in a house of prostitution, and

sometimes it says some pretty vulgar stuff.”

The woman thought about this, but decided she had to

have the bird anyway. She took it home and hung the bird’s

cage up in her living room and waited for it to say something.

The bird looked around the room, then at her, and said,

“New house, new madam.”

The woman was a bit shocked at the implication,

but then thought “that’s really not so bad.”

When her two teenage daughters returned from school,

the bird saw them and said, “New house, new madam, new girls.”

The girls and the woman were a bit offended but then

began to laugh about the situation considering how and

where the parrot had been raised.

Moments later, the woman’s husband Keith came home from work.

The bird looked at him and said,

“Hi Keith.”

Buzz

One more.

A couple go on a holiday to Bangkok.On the last day there, the wife says to her husband "I'm going out shopping for a few hours, you go and lose yourself for awhile"

So the husband thinks and decides to visit the massage parlor, just around the corner.Knocking on the door lovely little women opens up and says "Yes Sir, what can I do for you"

Husband- "I would like a massage please, how much will it be"

Women- "A thousand dollars Sir"

Husband- "A thousand dollars, no I am sorry, two hundred is all I can afford"

Women- "Sorry sir but a thousand is our price, so you'll have to go somewhere else"

The Husband thinks about it, walks off and then says to himself, I'll forget it and not bother.So off he goes to meet his wife at the appointed time.While on the way back, to the hotel, with his wife, the women from the parlor comes walking towards them, the opposite way.Looks at his wife, then him and says "There you go, see what you get for 200 dollars"

Buzz

The bird looked at him and said, “Hi Keith.”

Ha! Hadn't heard that one. I like it. As a bird man myself, I'm inclined to believe (serious) stories about exceptional individual parrots who can actually understand what they're saying, on a basic level (e.g. "dinner," "hello," "goodbye," and names).

Ok, you have to like this one.

A man and a woman who had never met before, but who were both married to other people, found themselves unfortunately assigned to the same sleeping room on a transcontinental train.

Though initially embarrassed and uneasy over sharing a room, they were both very tired and fell asleep quickly, he in the upper berth and she in the lower.

At 1:00 AM, the man leaned down and gently woke the woman saying, 'Ma'am, I'm sorry to bother you, but would you be willing to reach into the closet to get me a second blanket? I'm awfully cold.'

'I have a better idea,' she replied, 'Just for tonight, let's pretend that we're married'.

'Wow! That's a great idea!' he exclaimed.

'Good,' she replied, 'Get your own !"£$ing blanket!'

After a moment of silence, he farted.

Buzz

A city guy is driving down a back road in Montana and he sees a sign in front of a

broken down old shack:

“Talking Dog For Sale”

He rings the bell and the owner appears and tells him the dog’s in the backyard.

The guy goes into the backyard and sees a good looking Labrador retriever sitting there.

“So, you talk?” he asks.

“Yep,” the Lab replies.

After the guy recovers from the shock of hearing a dog talk he says,

“So, what’s your story?”

The Lab looks up and says,

“Well, I discovered that I could talk when I was pretty young. I wanted to be of service to my country, so I joined the CIA. In no time at all they had me jetting all over the world, sitting in rooms with spies and world leaders, because no one figured a dog would be eavesdropping. I was one of their most valuable assets for eight years. But the constant travel really wore me out, and as I wasn’t getting any younger I decided it was time to settle down. I signed up for a job at the airport to do some undercover security, casually wandering near suspicious characters and listening in. I made some major drug and terrorism arrests and was awarded a bunch of medals. I got married, had a mess of puppies, and, now I’m just happily retired.”

The guy is amazed. He goes back in and asks the owner what he wants for the dog.

“Ten bucks.” the guy says.

“Ten dollars? This dog is amazing! Why on earth are you letting him go so cheap?”

“Because he’s a damn liar. He’s never been out of the yard.”

• Like 1

Buzz

A man and a woman who had never met before, but who were both married to other people, found themselves unfortunately assigned to the same sleeping room on a transcontinental train.

You know, I can honestly say, that's the first time I've ever heard a joke with two consecutive punchlines. : )

Good P-51 Video

I like this one :thumbup:

GIGABYTE Z690 Aorus Elite | i5-12600K | 32 GB DDR4 | 2x 980 NVMe | RTX 4090 | OR CV1 | Pimax 8K | PC360 | 34UM95 | 38GN950 | TIR5 + Track Clip Pro | T-50CM2 | TM Warthog + 27,5 cm extension | MFG Crosswind | Win10Pro x64