RMI Localizer Deviation Indicator

Frederf

I notice that when in RSBN navigation mode the localizer deviation indicator is moving away from center in the same manner as a CDI on a Western HSI. From my reading this is incorrect and this indicator should only displace in response to PRMG landing localizer signals (or glide path mode).

The current behavior may have been accidentally chosen because the course needle which is set by the "SC" knob is named "course deviation indicator" which has an unfortunate similarity of name to the CDI on Western HSI instruments.

The RSBN glide path mode does mention that its information is read on both the RMI and ADI's localizer and glideslope deviation pointers exactly as during the landing mode. However it's unclear if the K and G flags on the RMI should close or not during glide path mode as they would during landing.

• 6 months later...

The English language and the L-39 manual don't mix very well. I spend more time trying to figure out what it is saying instead of learning the airplane.

Then you see an "ILS" system that gets you close. but wont allow IFR zero/zero landing and I just wonder what is the point of it is. Missing something here...

If that is not enough, you can't correct compass deviation when in MP.

Summary as I see it is: Glide path mode is for 'this' distance away, use landing mode when you are 'this' distance away. Hope you can see the runway when you get close.

• 1 month later...

Dobrý deň to you too :)

I think yes, but now that you ask again I think maybe I saw it move back to centre because I switched to LANDING as I was lining up with runway.

But i definitely saw it moving. I will test it today and will let you now.

Also i think that I read in some thread that ADI angle pointer does not work (as designed) in some mode. But I would expect it to be the NAVIGATION mode, not LANDING mode. Anyway I will test it

Smash 1-1 | Hawk

Here are exports for the ADI pointers

KPP_SDU_Pitch_Fwd - works

KPP_SDU_Roll_Fwd - does not work

KPP_Localizer_Beacon - I am guessing these are the K and T flags.

KPP_Glide_Beacon

KPP_Alt_Deviation_Bar - does not work

KPP_Course_Deviation_Bar - does not work