High RPM Issue after last update?

Torso

I did not see anyone else report this so not sure how it is happening to me but after Fridays update I have gone into both NTTR on 2.0 and Caucus on 1.5 and I try to fly the Huey and very quickly, and sometimes on spawn, the High RPM warning light is on and making noise and the craft is not able to fly. It is spawning basically damaged. I have created a quick mission and it does it, though sometimes I can lift off and fly a bit then it happens all of a sudden in flight and I end up trying to auto rotate down and often crash. Then I will click fly again and upon the mission reload the craft already is in a damaged state. This happens on quick missions too. Anyone seen anything like this? I literally cannot keep the heli from High RPM and falling out the sky or not even being able to lift off.

It wasn't with Huey but I had some mapped controls lost with last update. Did you check controls for anything changed?

I took a look but saw nothing that stands out. I cannot even identify the control that could be causing it. I will take another look to see if anything related to RPM is mapped because it wasn't previously. And for both versions too, same behavior. Odd. Flew it daily with no issue till now. Cannot even lift off most of the time. All other modules no issue.

I don't have that problem. It is only a guess, but it looks like some mapping can be actuating the "increase" selector.

GOV OFF selection will require manual adjustment of throttle. RPM will drop if you apply-raise collective and will increase if you lower collective, with no automatic adjustment, so it is easy to check out.

Edited by McFlurry

Haven't noticed in Huey or Gazelle on 2.0.latest all good so far.

Control is an illusion which usually shatters at the least expected moment.

Gazelle Mini-gun version is endorphins with rotors. See above.

Currently rolling with a Asus Z390 Prime, 9600K, 32GB RAM, SSD, 2080Ti and Windows 10Pro, Rift CV1. bu0836x and Scratch Built Pedals, Collective and Cyclic.

Are you absolutely certain you're getting a HIGH RPM warning? The helicopter should fly just fine if the rotor is overspeeding (within reason). Low RPM will make it difficult to fly.

Look at the engine gauges. Does the gas generator spool up when you raise collective? What about torque? Make sure the twist grip throttle is at full (hold page up).

DCS modules are built up to a spec, not down to a schedule.

In order to utilize a system to your advantage, you must know how it works.