Question About Normandy?

BuzzU

The way I understand it Normandy will be released with DCS World 2.5. Will that mean someone who just wants to fly Normandy and WW2 planes will have to buy the Nevada map to advance to 2.5? I'm talking about those who are on 1.5 now.

It doesn't seem right to have to buy a map you'll never use and it's quite a hit to buy the Nevada map and Normandy at once. Especially, when half of it will never be used.

Buzz

No. As mentioned the normandy map will be part of DCS 2.0 and you dont have to buy nevada for this. DCS 2.0 is an interim stage before the big merge to DCS 2.5 will happen. Then all maps and all modules will come together to a single application.

DCS 2.0 is for free but it needs chargeable content because causasus is not compatible with this version of DCS. So buy normany map, download DCS 2.0 and in late may you will be able to fly on this map with any aircraft which is available for DCS 2.0.

Edited by PicksKing

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gainward RTX 2080 OC | i7 8700K OC | 32GB G.Skill RipJaws V DDR4 3600 MHz | MSI Z370-A PRO | Samsung 970 EVO 500GB

• 4 weeks later...

I am one of those who has Bronze Backer credit in manuals

One aircraft of choice, beta access, and print-ready PDF manual

I've got activation numbers for maps and active parcels, but I do not know where to download it or if I have to wait until it's available to everyone, you know when it's going to be ne ne I know who to ask my login triforti....