start up

javelina1

I've been following Chuck's startup procedure for the Huey. (Less setting up the radio and weapon's). No matter what, I have the Master Caution lit after going through all of the start up procedures. As a Peter Pilot, what am I missing?

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

As long as the rotor RPM is in the green (throttle up), then try resetting the test/reset toggle left of the warning panel.

Edited by Rogue Trooper

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

As long as the rotor RPM is in the green (throttle up), then try resetting the alarm toggle right next to the warning panel.

Everything is all "go". And I've flying around just fine on a number of flights. Ok, will do. (still learning the bits about this bird, but love flying the Huey). :thumbup:

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

The Huey is a smooth operator.

Real fun to fly.

• Like 1

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

The Huey is a smooth operator.

Real fun to fly.

Totally man, I really enjoy flying this bird. My landings are still questionable. (Still "skid" a bit on the runways). But everything else, I seem to be in good control. :thumbup:

yep, like a charm... :thumbup:

Once in ground effect the Huey bites the air beautifully, which ensures a good landing. Do not focus on landing, instead focus on bringing her into ground effect with no intention of landing..... the rest is easy.

Once in ground effect the Huey bites the air beautifully, which ensures a good landing. Do not focus on landing, instead focus on bringing her into ground effect with no intention of landing..... the rest is easy.

Excellent... ;) I'm continuing to practice, as we speak. Getting better with my approach/landings each time. Appreciate the tip! :thumbup:

I am on the 229th servers most afternoon early evening (GMT) if you ever need help with anything also try hooking up with Hawkeye or Six they are always available for advice:thumbup:

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am on the 229th servers most afternoon early evening (GMT) if you ever need help with anything also try hooking up with Hawkeye or Six they are always available for advice:thumbup:

thanks Cibit, will do. :joystick:

• 1 year later...
I've been following Chuck's startup procedure for the Huey. (Less setting up the radio and weapon's). No matter what, I have the Master Caution lit after going through all of the start up procedures. As a Peter Pilot, what am I missing?

Nothing, Peter :D. Master Caution light is totally normal after the end of startup. MC lights up in this case for low RPM (RPM being obviously zero when switching battery on) together with the low RPM "siren". You can/have to reset both whenever you can, but rather after RPM increases into green. BTW low RPM warning switch resets itself to ON every time when RPM increases back into green. Hope this helps.

Nothing, Peter :D. Master Caution light is totally normal after the end of startup. MC lights up in this case for low RPM (RPM being obviously zero when switching battery on) together with the low RPM "siren". You can/have to reset both whenever you can, but rather after RPM increases into green. BTW low RPM warning switch resets itself to ON every time when RPM increases back into green. Hope this helps.

I'm sorry but I have to insist. The MASTER CAUTION light is not linked with RPM, and it is very easy to check it out. RPM is just linked to its own light (RPM) and audio. Have the copter ready to flight with all caution lights off, and cut down the rpm. Yoy will have the audio advise and the RPM light will turn on, but NOT the MASTER CAUTION light.

The same happens with the FIRE warning light, that is independent of the MASTER CAUTION light.

So MASTER CAUTION light should turn on whenever any light on the CAUTION PANEL comes on, to drive your attention to that panel. Once the light has turned on, you will need to reset it manually to switch it off.

You are welcome Razor. It is just a good excuse to review the machine :thumbup:

And by the way, if anyone wants to review a complete and detailed startup procedure, here is one (sorry, it was posted before in the videos thread).

Edited by McFlurry

The light I usually end up leaving on is the IFF warning, mostly because the IFF system doesn't really work anyway. Reset the master warning and be happy.

Yes, you are right. But if you turn the X-ponder set on, the caution light will also come off.