The Ultimate DCS World JSGME Guide - If you use mods, you need this.

Ebs

Thank you for this guide! Nice to have the right tool for the job as they say.

AND HOW!!??? is this not a STICKY??????????????????????

I agree I keep coming back to this thread to refresh memory after I have done a reinstall of hard drive.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AND HOW!!??? is this not a STICKY??????????????????????

'Tis now! ;)

EDIT: Thanks SiTh SpAwN.

Edited by cichlidfan

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

How do I make mods that I create JSGME ready?

The first post in this thread should have your answers.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

How would you make your mods to be applied into DCS folder by just copying and overwriting folders and files. Exactly so. There's no tutorial, just basics of OS really.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

The best way to get you mods run in DCS. I test and aproved

Intel i7 7700K | ASUS MAXIMUN IX Hero | GSkill RBG 3000mhz 32G(4x8G) | MSI Trio 1080ti | 1x M.2 SSD Samsung 960PRO 512G | 1 x WesterDigital 4T | Corsair AX-850W | Monitor Alienware 34" aw3418dw | Oblisidian 800D |CORSAIR H80 | Teclado Logitech G15 |Mouse Razer DeathAdder Elite | Trackir 5 + Clip pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | Pedal MFG Crosswind

This doesnt work for me. I installed it exactly how the tutorial said. Is there a video tutorial for this anywhere?

Thanks

uhmm..we need more Information..what does not work?! Can you even start JSGME?! Do you see your Mods in JSGME?! Is your Mod Folder created correctly?! etc..

A quick Test whether JSGME is working correctly:

Go to your created _Mods Folder

there you create a Folder named "Test"

In that "Test" Folder you create a text file named "text.txt"

now start JSGME

you should see a Mod named "Test" on the left side

enable it

now move to your ...\DCS World\ Folder

there should be a test.txt file now

go back to JSGME and disable the "test" mod

now the "test.txt" should have dissapeared from your ...\DCS World\ folder

if it happens this way, JSGME is set up correctly and works perfect

Edited by Lizzard

My Specs:

I don`t care..it is a Computer..a black one..

create a .txt in the test folder that I have created? This I missed and I dint see it in the actual OP. Let me try this

huh?! uhmm..this is just a quick test with a "fake" mod..JSGME just copies files nothing more..if the test stuff works you know that JSGME works correctly..

My Specs:

So I dont need to create a .txt then? I am very confused. I want a simple f15 sk8n for my plane on mp. How do I go about it with jsgme?

Thanks

look..you told us that your JSGME is not working...the whole test.txt thing I explained is just a quick test to see whether JSGME works correctly...this has nothing to to with real mods..or skins..just a test. So to solve your Problem..first check whether JSGME is working correctly (just do what I have explained, and check whether the test.txt appears..idf it does everything is fine). If we can confirm JSGME working, we can take a look at your mods or skins

My Specs:

so o.k. to activate your Skin in JSGME do the following

go to your _Mods Folder

there create the following Folder Structure

Awesome F-15 Skin(or whatever you like)\Bazar\Liveries\F-15C

in the F-15C Folder Place your Skin Folder (obviously don`t know how it is named)

then activate the Awesome F-15 Skin "mod" in JSGME

Thats it...just make sure the Skin is also assigned to the country you want to fly for..

My Specs:

IIRC, for a skin to show up in MP, the mission on the server needs to have it defined and the skin loaded. Every client that connects and wants to see that skin also has to have it loaded.

If a client connects that does not have the skin loaded, they see a default skin instead of the custom one.

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

So if I only want to see the skin in mp then the server has to have the skin loaded? I always thought that in order for me to see my skin all I would have to do is load it into jsgme, but noone else coild see it. Weird, thanks guys

The mission file defines which skin an aircraft will use - therefore it is up to the server to decide what skin will be used. The server does not know if you have other, additional skins installed and if you would rather use a different one.

So if I only want to see the skin in mp then the server has to have the skin loaded? I always thought that in order for me to see my skin all I would have to do is load it into jsgme, but noone else coild see it. Weird, thanks guys

Pretty sure it does but not 100% sure to be honest. It does need to be defined in the mission that is running though.

It might be possible to create a mission on one PC that has the skin loaded and define it in the mission, save the mission and then load it on another machine that is the server that does not have the skin loaded. The client of course would still need it loaded.

Another option might be to find out what the skin is in the mission on the server, then overwrite that skin on the client with the custom one. Anyone every tried that by chance?

Win 10 64 Pro, MSI Z390 I7-9700K @5ghz Kraken Z63, 32Gb Corsair Dominator, MSI RTX-2070, 1TB NVME 2TB SSD's, TM Warthog, Pro Rudders, OpenTrack w/ IR Clip

• 4 weeks later...

NOTE to JSGME users and general users of mods. Post patch I have noticed some of my mods don't work after enabling them again... then looked what is going on and...

ED did some change?

c:\Games\DCS World\Mods\aircrafts\

is now

c:\Games\DCS World\Mods\aircraft\

doh!

Had to fix folder names in few of my packages to see them work or I am going crazy.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

OK did a stupid thing here

Everything went great up until "Finally we start getting to the good stuff. After you've made your _MODS folder in DCS:W, run JSGME from your desktop shortcut.

You'll be immediately greeted by this screen..."

Didn't notice that id accepted MODS , instead of _MODS,now every time i try to remove the program and re do it ,it automatically pics up the MODS folder,Tried CC Cleaner to wipe registry ,but every time i re try it defaults to MODS

What should i do ?

Delete the JSGME.ini file in the main DCS folder (the same one where you put JSGME.exe).

Hi folks.

Maybe asked before, but couldn't find an answer and felt too lazy to read the rest.

Please; Do I have to move all my mods into "DCS World\_MODs" folder?

How about keeping mods in other partition of my harddisk?

Thanks so much!

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

• 2 weeks later...

Hello, my JSGME recently stop working after the most recent DCS update. It 'works' but when I start the game, none of the mods I enabled in JSGME are actually running. And I do disable all mods before updating every time. I do not use any non JSGME (manual installed) mods either.

Here is my mod list:

LCj68BX.jpg

-Ricardo's A-10 cockpit texture

-DCS A-10C real sound

-Ka-50 sounds 2.0 (compilation of a few Ka-50 sound mods)

-Isegrim Su-25 sound

-Toby23's low и slow

- Highwayman Ed's towns and villages mod

-Diveplane su-27 sounds

All these mods have worked nicely together, so idk why it has just stopped working now.

RTX 2070 8GB | 32GB DDR4 2666 RAM | AMD Ryzen 5 3600 4.2Ghz | Asrock X570 | CH Fighterstick/Pro Throttle | TM MFDs | TrackIR 5

With the new update to 1.2.10 the aircrafts folder is now aircraft, this will be why your mods stopped working, you need to rename you folder in each mod.

• Like 1

i9-9900KS CPU @ 5.1GHz, Win10 Pro 64bit, Gigabyte Z390 Master Mobo, Corsair Vengance 64GB 3000Mhz Ram, 1 x ADATA SX8200 Pro 1Tb Drive (OS), 1 x ADATA SX8200 Pro 512Gb Drive (DCS), 1 x RTX 2080Ti AORUS Waterforce 11Gb, 3 x 27" ACER Predator 2560x1440px, 27" LG 2560x1440px HP Reverb G2, TrackIR5, HOTAS Warthog Throttle and Stick, 3 x HOTAS Cougar MFCDs, Elgato Streamdeck & Streamdeck XL

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Ebs for putting this together. Well explained ! Ive just "JSGME'd a heap of mods and DCS looks so much better ! ~S~

Only issue I had was with Sweet Fx. I was getting a split Screen. When I changed the Txt file from 1 to 0 Dcs was CTD.

Anyways, good stuff. ~S~

R7 7800X3d,64g 6000 Ram,4090, Pimax Crystal. 

• 3 weeks later...
When i first started JSGME I forgot to tell it to select the _MOD folder instead of the MOD folder.

Is there any way of changing this afterhand?

I can't remember how i actually installed JSGME, but in my DCS World folder i have a file called JSGME.ini. Opening up that file i have this:

"[MODS FOLDER]

Name=MY_MODS

[JSGME DETAILS]

FullPath=F:\JSGME for DCS World\JSGME.exe

[FORM SIZE]

Main Height=1004

Main Left=463

Main Top=12

Main Width=915

Main WindowState=0

".

So, if you can find your particular JSGME.ini file then I would imagine that altering your "[MODS FOLDER] Name=MOD" part to "[MODS FOLDER] Name=_MOD" should fix it.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Milli