More than 4 planes on carrier

Adixylian

Hello guys!

I'm creating missions in the DCS mission editor for a very long time and I noticed that, since the last few updates, we can't place more than 4 planes at 1 carrier.

As this is very annoying and ofc unrealistic, I wonder if there is some kind of a workaround for this issue.

Thank you all :D

I've been having the same issue today as well. I haven't tried a mission in a few months, but this used to be an issue a while back too. So, looks like they broke it again somehow.

We can only place four planes, one on each launcher.

It works fine. Put each plane in its own group. I have a training mission on our group server right now that has 8 Hornets and 6 Tomcats on the Stennis.

Hornets

4 on the Catapult

4 parked cold

Tomcats

2 on the catapult

2 cold

2 hot parking.

I'm having the same problems, response to a thread in the Mission Editor Issues posted here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3838376&postcount=4

Corsair Vengeance C-70 (OD), EVGA Z370 FTW, i7-8700k, Noctua NH-D15, RTX 4070ti TUF OC, Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz, Samsung SSD 970 Pro NVMe M.2 1TB & 990 Pro NVMe M.2 2TB , WD Black 4TB Perf HDD - 7200 RPM SuperNOVA 750W P2 Modular, ASUS ROG Swift 27" 2560x1440
TM Warthog, TM F/A-18C Grip, Virpil CM3 Base, Virpil Control Panel 1, TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, WinWing Take Off Panel, Cougar MFD's, TekCreations F/A-18C Master Arm, Koolertron Keypad, Meta Quest 3
A-10C/II - AH-64D - AV-8B - F-5E - F-14 - F-15E -  F-16C - F/A-18C - P-51D - Bf-109K4 - FC3 - UH-1H - Combined Arms - Super Carrier

Nevada - Normandy - Persian Gulf - Sinai - Syria

It works fine. Put each plane in its own group. I have a training mission on our group server right now that has 8 Hornets and 6 Tomcats on the Stennis.

Hornets

4 on the Catapult

4 parked cold

Tomcats

2 on the catapult

2 cold

2 hot parking.

Question: Since there are only 4 catapults, how do you fit 6?

I would love to know where this limitation is on the list of ED's priorities. Ability to spawn aircraft on the carrier just like we can on airports would be super great.

I have placed 3 groups of 2 (4 F/A-18C, 2 F-14A) on the Stennis deck hot for takeoff. I placed an AI on each of the 4 cats and set Player group ON RAMP HOT. The ME shows the Player group off the deck over the sea, BUT in game, Player group is on deck aft of Cat 1 blast deflector. DCSW 2.5.4.28615.

ON: I have 12 F-14 and 12 F-18 on stennis Deck

same problem that Habu says. every plane spawns just right there.

----

OFF: @evilnate, Just create all the flight groups you need near the carrier (on air), when u finish setting up all planes change the start method of that group to "ramp start / ramp start hot" and then organize them in cat 1, 2, 3 and 4. repeat~Ad infinitum

The issue appears with new missions , apparently. It was working fine, and probably old missions are fine too, but on mission created under the last version, I can't for the sake of me reproduce the previous behavior of being able to have multiple client slot over the same parking spot

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

• 1 month later...

It definitely does make a difference! I have made missions with as many as 12 a/c assigned to the JCS. All are assigned cold ramp starts, or 1 to each cat and all the rest to spot 1 as a cold ramp start but the most you can ever get to show up on the deck at any one time is 9 - 4 on the cats, 2 on Elevator #2, 1 on elevator #3 and 2 on elevator #4. If the ones that spawn on the cats disengage and taxi clear, you might be able to get a few more on board as well.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Another potential solution for this issue (disclaimer- I haven't tried it myself yet) is to set a trigger zone over the carrier, moving with it.

Then set the trigger so that as a flight group exits the zone (after launch), the next one spawns on the cat behind it. So on and so forth. You wouldn't see them all sitting on the deck before your own launch, but it ought to work.

I just tried it and managed to get up to 31 aircrafts on the Stennis and even more would be possible. I just got lazy, no idea if there is any restriction...

All you have to do is, to keep the group as small as one plane per group and then just set one group on the top of each other (so e.g. 10x single Tomcat Group on Ramp 1, 10x Single Hornet Group on Ramp 2, only ramp 4 takes a s ingle aircraft if ramp 1-3 are full).

Maybe it would even work with all 30 groups on one ramp.

So I don't know, but this looks for me like pretty no limitation... Would be great...

maybe someone can test if it works in MP, but for me it looks like it will.

Take a look at the attached .miz. (sorry, its PG)

Carrier_Test.miz

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules

I've just tried this again myself, after having to recreate a mission I accidentally deleted.

The mission I deleted I created last week, and I was able to get all 8 planes on the deck, stacked on top of one another, spaced between the 4 CATs, all set to Takeoff from Ramp.

Now, recreating the same situation, I cannot get more than 4 planes on the deck at all. No matter how I set them, once 4 planes are on CATs 1-4 (regardless of status, i.e., Takeoff from Ramp, or Parking, or Runway), no other planes will set to the carrier, and instead snap to the nearest airfield (more than 100nm away).

As I said one post above yours, just make groups with a single aircraft and stack them on each other.

Use "start from ramp" an stack them on cat 1-3.

As soon as cat 4 is occupied, you can't add anymore.

Yesterday I started to make a mission and got 16 aircrafts on the stennis.

Steam user - Youtube

I am for quality over quantity in DCS modules