Very interesting Podcast with Matt Wagner

Frag

Well, I am quite surprised how they axed all Russian aircraft without any discussion. Isn't there really a way to simulate at least some older designs like Mig-29A 9.11, full fildelity Su-25A or Su-17M4, etc.? There are plenty interesting air-frames, which probably could be negotiated with the government, by not modeling/changing some critical systems, which are secret? Especially the Su-25A, there is really not that much left not modeled to make it a full fidelity module - we have good FM, RSBN/ARK and other subsystems are already modeled in L-39, WCS is modeled, some engine systems are missing and that would be all. I also think it could be hugely popular (well not in the scope as F-16, but does not require that much work)

I don't think it's about negotiating with the government, maybe it's more related to their military contracts. Anyway, they said a 3rd party is not bound to this limit and can simulate whatever he is able to, so maybe a mig-29 too.

Yeah, that makes sense. Obviously their military customers wouldn't really be interested in giving out detailed data. And it may look like a conflict of interest. Sort of like the A10C is limited in some ways because of the contract. I can imagine Mikoyan or Sukhoi being way more strict on that to the point it doesn't make sense to do.

Here's looking forward to the heatblur mig29...

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

+1 :thumbup:

*That* would be fantastic!

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

Yeah, that makes sense. Obviously their military customers wouldn't really be interested in giving out detailed data. And it may look like a conflict of interest. Sort of like the A10C is limited in some ways because of the contract. I can imagine Mikoyan or Sukhoi being way more strict on that to the point it doesn't make sense to do.

At least I hope that community understands its not only about finding a data. Or like some may believe finding a flight manual is enough to program a full fidelity module... It clearly seams that if whichever the authority is that owns the rights to a plane says no, we can forget about having it programmed in DCS - even if all needed materials would be accessible and downloadable from the internet.

It's more of an political or copy-right issue. I think we can assume that if a developers are able to get a green light from a company owning rights to the aircraft or whoever has an authority to decide, they cay also get the needed data and materials directly from the source.

F/A-18, F-16, F-14, M-2000C, A-10C, AV-8B, AJS-37 Viggen, F-5E-3, F-86F, MiG-21bis, MiG-15bis, L-39 Albatros, C-101 Aviojet, P-51D, Spitfire LF Mk. IX, Bf 109 4-K, UH-1H, Mi-8, Ka-50, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf... and not enough time to fully enjoy it all